Putin wants to return to the Cold War

Humodour

Major power wants to keep it that way, seems reasonable enough. Now, did Putin land that jet ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm not sure I would rely on sanctions and diplomacy either, when sharing 3500+ Km border with an increasingly expansionistic China.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If the cold war returns to "status quo" it's not going to be between Russia and the west... it'll be China on one end.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

http://www.washingto...TMPR_story.html

****ing idiot.

As if his people need more war, soldiers, and bombs. I can think of a few things that money would be better spent on. Maybe education, healthcare, and infrastructure?

:lol:

''I can think of a few things that money would be better spent on. Maybe education, healthcare, and infrastructure''

Well you could of ask the same question in the context of US and for that matter any country that spends 50+ billion dollars a year on their defense budget.

Attacking Russia for this move by the west is highly hypocritical, especially the US, a country that spends 690 billion dollars a year on their armed forces. And then Russia plans to modernize their military hardware and spend 700+ billion dollars in the next 10 years and for many this is an outrage, but don't worry...I'm sure during that period the US will spend 7000 billion dollars so it can keep shining bright as a beacon of democracy, freedom and all those other propaganda bullsh*t.

Well, when in context of invasions, probably yes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What does referencing the US defence buget have to do with anything? The OP hails from Australia, as stated just below his name. Reading is hard.

Or was it Austria?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thinking about it there does need to be some power in the world that can realistically check America. It can't be china because those in power are to scared of losing the business it provides, and most of european political bodies either don't want to actively antagonize America or are buddy buddy with the two american regimes

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Nothing wrong with old tanks, well if you mean age by design not just the physical age of a vehicle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_main_battle_tanks_by_generation#Third_Generation

Lots of oldies on there. Didn't know the Leopard 2 was so old, that's supposed to be the best MBT around, no ?

Edited by Malcador

Thinking about it there does need to be some power in the world that can realistically check America.

America is checked by its economic dependency on other countries. If you mean the rise of another military superpower, that would actually lead to the USA trying to exert more control on other countries, not less.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Leopard 2 is the best main battle tank around, a challenger 2 will do in a pinch. The Abrams has limited range and a horrendous heat signature owning to its huge jet engines. They don't even make them anymore, although they still service the current fleet with replacement parts.

So that was me tank trolling, how'd you like them apples.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.