What you did today

Rosbjerg

Upgraded to 3D Studio Max 2012, spent several hours figuring out how the new UVW Unwrapping interface works. Apparently, just like the old one, but the buttons have been moved. Efficiency!

This was pretty much my day, eventually I just gave up and went with RoadKill
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

i liiiive!

been very busy with work

management were rather indifferent in upholding the conditions our contractors are supposed to be adhering to, and after dealing with infraction after infraction with no real consequence, i had multiple meetings with the managers to reassert some clearcut guidelines

seems to be going well so far, and i've already busted some dodgy dealings and can actually enforce it with backup from management, rather than just being dismissed with "oh, we'll just give them a warning - it's ok"

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Gorgeous day today - almost Spring. Won't last, but I'm enjoying it. Sitting outside in the sun, eating lunch, whilst my cats gaze out at me curiously from the windows.

Still feeling rather old...mostly physically (minor ailments/fatigue) but a little mentally too...but days like today...taking a deep breath and it's a fine life.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Private corporations are completely insane.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My 2nd dwarf ham died tonight (my avatar). She was my fave. For a tiny mindless rodent, she had amazing "personality". ;(

My office suddenly feels too quiet. No rustling, no squeaky wheel. I got used to the small company while I'm computing. I may need to get another one. 8)

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Do you want to vent?

I am now working in a huge building full of shiny pale drones. Took today out of office because the entire dynamic started freaking me out. I feel like a 'savage' in a Disney movie.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Upgraded to 3D Studio Max 2012, spent several hours figuring out how the new UVW Unwrapping interface works. Apparently, just like the old one, but the buttons have been moved. Efficiency!

Is that any good? I've never used it. I'm trying to keep most of my stuff in standard Max option because I always have to outsource to render farms which are incompatible with a lot of plugins, but apparently RoadKill is a standalone app or something? I'm currently using XRayUnwrap to make the whole texture mapping thing less annoying, but it's still a pain.

I am now working in a huge building full of shiny pale drones. Took today out of office because the entire dynamic started freaking me out. I feel like a 'savage' in a Disney movie.

Welcome to the jungle it gets worse here every day

Ya learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play.

You'll adjust.

This was news to you ? Could be worse, you could be in open office concept place :)

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You'll adjust.

That's precisely what I'm worried about. I have no intention of going native <sic>. First chance I get I shall hive off a team and go Colonel Kurtz.

-Elwood Blues

You'll adjust.

That's precisely what I'm worried about. I have no intention of going native <sic>. First chance I get I shall hive off a team and go Colonel Kurtz.

Or you could take a chance and try to jolt that dynamic, see who really is a drone and who is only stuck there but a really is decent person underneath.

Is that any good? I've never used it. I'm trying to keep most of my stuff in standard Max option because I always have to outsource to render farms which are incompatible with a lot of plugins, but apparently RoadKill is a standalone app or something? I'm currently using XRayUnwrap to make the whole texture mapping thing less annoying, but it's still a pain.

Is a very simple program, if you are familiar with Maya then you won't have much trouble adapting to the controls and it does in 5 mins what takes 15 on max. No kidding, I unwrapped a character in 5 mins.

It's very easy to use. The one problem It has is that if you try to load the UVs onto another model it gives funky results, but I hear that its max problem.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Well, I like the notion of them being good underneath, Orogun. But I fear that by simply being in the same building I've proven that _I'm_ not!

Load of bloody nonsense. 15 forms to fill out before you can sneeze.

-Elwood Blues

Well, I like the notion of them being good underneath, Orogun. But I fear that by simply being in the same building I've proven that _I'm_ not!

Load of bloody nonsense. 15 forms to fill out before you can sneeze.

My best friend; and I don't use that term lightly, used to hang with what we used to denominate as "balseros" meaning those who arrived into the country by raft boats or any wannabe Hispanic gangster that speaks with a Scarface accent and can quote the movie from memory. I immediately grouped him with his associates disregarding him as just another of them, until during one conversation he was having in class he spoke German.

So that same day we actually struck conversation we found out a mutual love of Rammstein and seeing as he had none of their albums with him next day I delivered my entire Rammstein collection (all their albums). Turns out that the guy is a heck of a history buff (now his career) one of the smartest people I know and has a wicked sense of humor.

So when I tell you to take a chance it's because there's a chance it will pay off for the rest of your life and at worst you only look like ass for 5 seconds of it. Seems like a fair deal.

village_idiot.gif

Eh, its not so bad. Theres no more water dripping on your head and you can take your gal out and show her a good time. Office drone > ditch digger.

:) Actually I quite enjoy digging ditches. nice well defined task, all that stands between you and a cold beer is a lot of sweat.

Speaking of which I forgot to mention that I had my company medical yesterday. The doctor informed me - and explained how - my core strength and back mobility is now high enough that although I can be in pain from my back, it's no longer especially vulnerable to damage. Basically I can run or lift as much as I would have before (had I been as out of shape), although I may hurt like a bastard.

This probably doesn't sound like good news. Imagine you have an arm which feels broken, but it isn't. But if you've been struggling to do things and you can try and do them, just grit your teeth, then it's good ****ing news!

I immediately went out and hit the library for books. Carried them all home. Hurt a bit, but ignored it. Not too bad today. Will keep trying.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I hate menial tasks but I do enjoy the feeling I get after I've cleaned the house, done the dishes, washed my clothes, cooked dead animal and finally collapsed into my chair at the end of the day, pretty much like now :thumbsup:

If I thought I could get away with it, I'd be an installer/matinence guy for a building. Simply because I'd feel the fact that I was completing tasks rather than chasing a dream that's never gonna be reached.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You won't feel that way after you've completed about 70,000 tasks, though.

Saturday, and that means more work as usual. Today, my prestigious education system has taught me that earlier versions of the Little Red Riding Hood amongst the French peasantry involved the wolf tricking Little Red to devour her own grandmother's flesh, then proceed to undress and take to bed with the wolf, where she was herself eaten.

:yes:

I hate menial tasks but I do enjoy the feeling I get after I've cleaned the house, done the dishes, washed my clothes, cooked dead animal and finally collapsed into my chair at the end of the day, pretty much like now :thumbsup:

I'm the same way. :)

Today is one of those days where I feel like I never quite woke up, but I did manage to organize my office a bit. Later, I'm going to eat some cheap Chinese food under the watchful stare of felines who think they belong at the dinner table, and then perhaps a film or two.

Managed to annoy the proverbial out of two of my friends last night. Basically being insufferable. Don't feel like apologising.

-Elwood Blues