SW: The Old Republic Part 3

It really doesn't affect me in pve when a player has better gear.

But I get the complaints, I do. I just think its best to be a bit patient. You said this was seen a long way off, but the game hasn't even been out for a full month yet.

I honestly don't think bioware will ever get the balance that blizzard does. Blizzard is meticulous about the stuff. It actually bothers me how blizzard does that, because the take forever to relase new content that way. Id rather have some risks taken to bring cool stuff to the table now.

For the record, I do know that they were having trouble even ATTEMPTING high end testing, so it's somewhat understandable.

What isn't understabdable is they should have known from the get go that if they provided that then there would be serious issues with faction balance (they have the numbers after all)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Bounty Hunter is almost there, which planet is your agent right now?

Just finished Balmorra.

Also, he has pockmarks on his face!

post-13853-1327040439_thumb.jpg

post-13853-1327040444_thumb.jpg

It really doesn't affect me in pve when a player has better gear.

But I get the complaints, I do. I just think its best to be a bit patient. You said this was seen a long way off, but the game hasn't even been out for a full month yet.

People started complaining about the changes the minute patchnotes for the future update were released. That was like week or two ago. It effects you in PvE as well, if you are playing on a PvP server these guys with great gear can gank you pretty easily. Not to mention if you are competetive about the end game, guilds getting "free" loot ***** up the competition for end game kills. I don't know if TOR has this, at least WoW was and is highly competetive when it comes to killing raid bosses.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Also, he has pockmarks on his face!

See, in the Imperial version of the Foundry, he's got a hood up and swiftly puts on a mask..

And the "great general revan" seems to have returned to his more sociopathic ways after 300 years in prison.

At least, judging by his plan to use the Foundry to build galactic hordes of robots that are capable of detecting the slightest trace of sith genes and killing them...

He's not so worried on actual force powers, or belief in the sith system of philosophy, but if your great, great, etc grandaddy was pure sith.. You'll be in trouble.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Those pics weren't from Foundry, they were from Maelstrom Prison. Where Grand Moff Kilran meets his end as the jedi bust out Revan.

SWTOR post-mortem

Here's some numbers:

It may be the largest entertainment production in history. More than 800 people on four continents have spent six years and nearly $200 million creating it. The story runs 1,600 hours, with hundreds of additional hours still being written. Nearly 1,000 actors have recorded dialogue for 4,000 characters in three languages.

At the Austin home office of game developer BioWare, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts, more than 400 designers, programmers, writers and artists have immersed themselves in the imagined Star Wars universe, surrounded by maps of the ice planet Hoth, armor designs for bounty hunters and even a five-day weather forecast for Princess Leia

Edited by Morgoth

And they have (supposedly) a fairly clear cut plan for the next 3 years, and a slightly vaguer plan for how they'll be updating the universe and story for the following 5 or so years..

Which is one of the reasons they're keeping huge chunks of that team together and working on the project....

I wonder how many singleplayer Kotor games could have been made with these enormous ressources...

Apparently about 8, as that is the amount of classes with unique story lines.

Yet they have vast amounts of shared content. From art assets to sidequests. It would seem a grossly inefficient method for estimation.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I wonder how many singleplayer Kotor games could have been made with these enormous ressources...

Apparently about 8, as that is the amount of classes with unique story lines.

Yet they have vast amounts of shared content. From art assets to sidequests.

Hey, so did Dragon Age 2 >_<

Seriously though, I'd say there is enough content for about 8 single player games. Sure, there is a lot of shared content, but it also takes a lot longer to reach the end game than a typical single player RPG.

Call me crazy, but I hate the notion that longer = better.

I rather want to have a 15-20 hour SP Kotor with an satisfying conclusion rather than 8 x 500 hour MMO with toon graphics.

But maybe that's just me.

I can see that (although I think the graphics are fantastic in this game.)

Personally I love both. A tight story with a campaign I can finish in 20 hours is fantastic, but I also enjoy the slow development of an MMO character over a few months or years.

For me personally something like 30h is fine if the game has proper c&c to motivate me for a 2nd playthrough. 80h game doesn't really get me all excited to play it again... Especially when I still have like 30 games that I haven't finished or even started.

Which is exactly why I would have preferred KOTOR 3 to 6 over TOR >_<

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

I ran my Smuggler (named Dhar) through Ord Mantell and arrived at Coruscant now. The story had a definite different feel to the Sith Inquisitor one, and although it might be because I last played Ord Mantell back on that Beta Weekend, but I didn't have any of that "eh, I've already been here before" boredom. There were a few variations I felt I picked up on a couple of the quests that I did as a Trooper those couple of months back.

I have to admit, I'm thinking of letting my Sith Inquisitor lay fallow for a bit and not worry on end-game content and pvp for awhile - let them sort out any of the issues before I actually get involved. Of course, there's still some world quests and wotnot to do with it, haven't finished Corellia, and I haven't done the Voss bonus series yet either... While it's not getting xp (although it does give Legacy xp), I'm still interested in what the stories will be and generally exploring the worlds and characters.

Whats interesting now is that when I log in, rather then "Chapter" blurb as such, I get "Interlude" , which definitely suggests they do plan on expanding the class stories and level cap at some point in the future.