Happy Thanksgiving

Cantousent

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving. I hope everyone here has something for which to be thankful. Even if you don't celelbrate Thanksgiving, I hope you have a happy day. Whether you believe in God, love your country, speak to your family, go to church, or even have a lucky rabbit's foot... or not, I hope you all have some good reason to be grateful for something in your life.

I tend to go MIA for long stretches, but I'm actually pretty thankful for the board here. Hell, even the folks who habitually disagree with me are fun. I'm glad tarna is still walking the earth, chopping down foes with his big assed claymore, chewing gum, and taking names so he knows who's next in line. Of course, I'm grateful for things in real life, like my wife and friends and home and cat and general happiness. I'm Catholic, so I thank God, but I guess I'd just take a moment to remember I have good things even if I didn't believe in divine providence.

Cheers, guys.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm an ungrateful bastard.

Still, Happy thanksgiving to you North Americans (and Kanadians) >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And a happy Thanksgiving to you chaps, also. You may turn up late to all your battles, but you turn up in spades. >_<

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone to whom that pertains. Happy Thursday to the rest of you folks. It's just me and the dogs today. But I'm cool with that. I'm grilling venison tonight and I've cut flank meat into strips that I'll put in the smoker to make jerky for the dogs. In the mean time I'm going to sit on the porch, drink my coffee, watch the dogs play in the yard, and enjoy the cool weather.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

First Thanksgiving in America = school closed, everyone's left town, and water/electricity out tomorrow. :lol:

Getting some work done and Skyrim.

First Thanksgiving in America = school closed, everyone's left town, and water/electricity out tomorrow. :lol:

Getting some work done and Skyrim.

Sure made our work really quiet. Some of the developers skipped out to watch some "football" game too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For the quote of the day:

"I appreciate all the people wishing me a happy thanksgiving, but I'm a native american. Please stop."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Actually, it sounds like a non native american making up a quote to poke fun at the holiday, which is okay. I mean, if I'm currently frequenting the boards in one name or another, I always post a happy holiday message. I almost always get someone who pokes fun at it, which is all cool. Likewise, I often get someone who is riled up about it, which is also cool.

Whatever the history of the holiday, what it means now is appreciating a good excuse to meet friends and family for a good dinner. Sadly, I'm going to my inlaws, but I think I'll still have a good dinner and my niece from my wife's side just luuuurves me. So, I'll end up playing Barbie on the Wii which lets me get in touch with my inner feminine child. Life. Is. Good.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Actually, it sounds like a non native american making up a quote to poke fun at the holiday, which is okay. I mean, if I'm currently frequenting the boards in one name or another, I always post a happy holiday message. I almost always get someone who pokes fun at it, which is all cool. Likewise, I often get someone who is riled up about it, which is also cool.

Whatever the history of the holiday, what it means now is appreciating a good excuse to meet friends and family for a good dinner. Sadly, I'm going to my inlaws, but I think I'll still have a good dinner and my niece from my wife's side just luuuurves me. So, I'll end up playing Barbie on the Wii which lets me get in touch with my inner feminine child. Life. Is. Good.

Actually the person who said that is about 1/5th cherokee, I think she's more just annoyed with the general stresses of thanksgiving and prefers to ignore it all...

But snarky comments always happen with pretty much any form of national holiday.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm grilling venison tonight and I've cut flank meat into strips that I'll put in the smoker to make jerky for the dogs.

I really have to get a smoker one of these days. For me, not my cats. :)

Happy Gobbler Day, luvs ya all.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts