Travis Stout leaving Obsidian for Undead Labs

funcroc

Searching google somebody seems to be leaving tomorrow/today and used pastebin for his Company goodbye e-mail which google picked up on. Of course the text doesn't exist anymore but there is a small segment which confirms North Carolina.

http://www.google.ch/search?q=obsidian+gam...920&bih=908

I know every goodbye email sounds the same: Obsidian has made some great games and will continue with NY and NC/It's a small industry so we'll still bump ...

I feel like a really creepy stalker.

The letter doesn't work for me?

It doesn't. I said the text doesn't exist anymore. Just its google query.

Edit: The text changed... Is it in googles cache? How do you use that nowadays?

Edit2: Heres the segment I posted, Text didn't changed. I did not look hard enough^^

http://www.google.ch/search?q=obsidian+gam...920&bih=879

Edited by C2B

I see

If you didn't already know, tomorrow is my last day at Obsidian. The past 3.5 years have been a blast, and I've made some wonderful friends and learned so

and

I know every goodbye email sounds the same: Obsidian has made some great games and will continue with NY and NC/It's a small industry so we'll still bump ...

This does feel pretty creepy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I see
If you didn't already know, tomorrow is my last day at Obsidian. The past 3.5 years have been a blast, and I've made some wonderful friends and learned so

and

This does feel pretty creepy.

I suppose you can see the Slenderman in the background while the voice over narrates this? Shifty fellas those at Obsidian, they're actually working on an Internet memes RPG!

I wonder how many employees are on a regular annual salary and how many are hired (re-hired) on a contract basis from game to game?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In any case, leaving after 7 1/2 years, which is nearly the length of the company's entire life, either speaks to one hell of a job offer, or trouble for Obsidian that extends well beyond a talented developer jumping ship.

Nah. It can be so many different things that lead to that decision most of them not having anything to do with Obsidian at all.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Hey Everyone,

I left Obsidian because I was offered an opportunity to move back to Texas to be near my family and to hopefully start a family of my own. There is no drama involved, unless you count the sadness of leaving a wonderful place to work after 7.5 years and missing all of my friends terribly.

Obsidian is and will continue to be awesome. I think the world of everyone who works there and the projects they are working on are great.

The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false.

--Paul Johnson

the projects they are working on are great.

I seem to have forgotten, what were those projects again please? ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hmm... I wonder, does Texas and California have an extradition treaty for something as trivial as breach of NDA's? :)

Sorry, he already moved. :)

Damn. My PMs will probably never reach him. >_

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: