The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

Toronto - grabs their fans' money yet never seriously tries to win despite being arguably the most popular team in the entire league, fanbase is led by a well known bigot

Montreal - Bigotry at its finest. Living way too much on past success. The way they treat argubaly their biggest ever in patrick Roy was disgusting yet here they are pretty much trying to get him back in the fold.

Edmonton - L0L Outside of joke franchises like Phoenix 9who at least try to win) and the now departed Atlanta, are pathetic. So bad so that pretty much nobody of note wants to play there. It's not a coincidence they've had the #1 pick 3 seasons in a row (luck of the draw notiwthstanding) as a 'reward' for losing. Couple of seasons now they've had amassed 5 1s overall picks, and be top 3 team in the elague and people will praise them for it. People should NOt be rewarded for sucking.

Calgary - Not much negative to say about this team (outside of not being able to get over the hump when they were a top team).

Ottawa - outside of some mistreatment of their players (Emery, Heatley, & Yashin) they overall ar eharmless.

Vancouver - While the fans are a little over the top for their bashing of Luongo overall solid. The players have a 'reputation' for being soft./dirty yet they are no worse than all other teams. The owners try to win, and they've stood by the Sedins even during the seasons where they underperformed and got flak for doing so.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Edmonton - L0L Outside of joke franchises like Phoenix 9who at least try to win) and the now departed Atlanta, are pathetic. So bad so that pretty much nobody of note wants to play there. It's not a coincidence they've had the #1 pick 3 seasons in a row (luck of the draw notiwthstanding) as a 'reward' for losing. Couple of seasons now they've had amassed 5 1s overall picks, and be top 3 team in the elague and people will praise them for it. People should NOt be rewarded for sucking.

Your reasoning is valid. But let me say this : Fleury, Crosby, Malkin. Aside from Malkin going number 2(heh), would you consider Pittsburgh a joke franchise as well?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"Your reasoning is valid. But let me say this : Fleury, Crosby, Malkin. Aside from Malkin going number 2(heh), would you consider Pittsburgh a joke franchise as well? "

Please don't be ignorant. It's rude.

Speaking of Pens, I hope they don't blow another lead. L0L

Edited by Volourn

"Your reasoning is valid. But let me say this : Fleury, Crosby, Malkin. Aside from Malkin going number 2(heh), would you consider Pittsburgh a joke franchise as well? "

Please don't be ignorant. It's rude.

So then you DO consider them a joke franchise...? Please don't use flawed logic. It's rude.

I bet Giroux gets a call from Shanahan about his little kick in that game.

I still think Nashville will beat Detroit in their series. It'd be easier if they could get their power play going.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jersey went up 3-0 in the first after firing 26 shots on net at the end of 1. Panthers came back and made it 3-2 in the second but we were able to hold on. Marty looked like Marty and we got all three goals from our "secondary" scoring...Waiting for Parise/Kovy/Zajac to break out but for now we survived.

I wonder if the Pens will ever be able to find a lead they like. They've tried 3-0, 2-0, 3-1, and none seem to be to their liking.

Seriously, the Pens' defensive play has been one of the worst I've seen in years in the playoffs. It's like when the puck is in their zone, the only opposition player they watch is the guy with the puck. So when that guy passes to one of the other 4 guys who are open, the Pens have nobody around them to stop them.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

First time I watch a NHL game in 2-3 years. They are fighting more than they are playing. I guess that it was inevitable in a Flyers vs Penguins game. It doesn't help that Jagr and Talbot play for Philly now. Last time I watched Talbot play, he seemed to do well for the Penguins.

Flyers/Pens series is stupidly brutally insane. As a Yotes fan I am laughing that Bryz's GAA is no better in the playoffs than when he was here and he is still 3-0.

Games 1&2 of the Yotes/Hawks series have been the two best live sport events of my life. I am sure my cardiologists bank account will agree with that.

Edit: A game involving the Pens had 148 penalty minutes, 0 of which belonged to Cooke. What planet am I on?

Edited by Arclam

Flyers/Pens series is stupidly brutally insane. As a Yotes fan I am laughing that Bryz's GAA is no better in the playoffs than when he was here and he is still 3-0.

Assuming Philly makes it through this round (it's okay to do that since they're up by 3 now, right?) they could be in trouble in the next series. Those goalie stats are horrible! I don't think you can count on your team scoring 5+ goals a night.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Assuming Philly makes it through this round (it's okay to do that since they're up by 3 now, right?) they could be in trouble in the next series. Those goalie stats are horrible! I don't think you can count on your team scoring 5+ goals a night.

Of course you can't count on them scoring 5+ every night. Sometimes they only score 4. :)

I have Philly, LA and Nash in my bracket, but only because I thought they were all going to lose and now Philly and LA are on the verge of sweeping their opponents. WHAT IS GOING ON?!

I was just reading that Daniel Sedin is going to suit up for practice tomorrow. I really hope for the sake of his career that he's not doing so just because his team is down three zip.

As much as I'm hating Vancouver this year I must admit that I enjoy watching the Sedins play together. Points wise they're the best tandem in hockey, and have been for a while. Hell, they even made Anson Carter look like a superstar.

And if I was Sidney Crosbys' coach I'd be on him for fighting. You gotta wonder where the logic is of having a guy who has had major concussion issues dropping the mitts.

I could go on a rant about the lack of respect players are showing each other nowadays, or how you'd need seven figures to get me to do Shanahan's job, but the playoffs are anything but boring this year, that's for sure.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"I could go on a rant about the lack of respect players are showing each other nowadays"

'Nowadays'? I laugh at that. I've been hearing this since I started atching hockey some 30 years ago. And, the 'lack of respect' has always been there. ALWAYS. Have people forgotten the Broadstreet Bullies, Gordie Howe, and a bunch of dispresectful punks? L0LZ And, I'm sure the same sort of crap happened in the early days but nobody really remembers that time since it was even longer ago.

It isn't getting worse. It's getting better. It's just more magnified in modern times with non stopm tv, interent and everything else type coverage.

When Gordie Howe agve somebody an elbow to the face decades ago nbody - espicially outaside the hockey world - gave a crap..