The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

24 minutes .. Wow.. I was off by a TWO whole minutes. if you are correct. IF.

LOL you criticize me for correcting your two minute difference (which is actually a substantial amount of time in hockey if you've ever played before)...but you're the one who called me out without even getting your facts straight. Ignorant and rude, as always Volo.

Not to mention you were actually 5 minutes off if we're talking about the playoffs (WHICH WE ARE LMAO)

sources: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8469454&view=splits :)

Edited by Krookie

I was off by two minutes. A handful of games is not a good sample size.

Anyways, more importantly, Torturechips chokes again! What a looser!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Own the fact you are off base. 2 minutes is not huge. Don't make stuff up. I said 18-22 was average. There will always be guy who do a little more or a little less. He clocks in at 24minish. Not that much dramatically more. You amde it sound like he plays 30 minutes a game which he does not do.

Own the fact you are off base. 2 minutes is not huge. Don't make stuff up. I said 18-22 was average. There will always be guy who do a little more or a little less. He clocks in at 24minish. Not that much dramatically more. You amde it sound like he plays 30 minutes a game which he does not do.

My original quote said only that it is unlike Kovy to play only 20 mins a game, which it clearly is (cause he averages 24). I'm not off base in anyway what so ever, you were foolish to try and correct me without checking your facts first. On top of that, 2 minutes (or even 6, because you said 18-22) is huge in a playoff game, you should know that. But my point was never that he was playing 2 less minutes, it was that he is INJURED.

2 minutes is quite a bit in a hockey game, especially NHL level. That's 3-4 extra shifts a game. Particularly when we are talking about 2 minutes over the normal maximum for a player, which Volourn is right when he says 18-22 minutes. I haven't seen many Devils games, but I'm assuming that means they are lacking some depth.

2 minutes is quite a bit in a hockey game, especially NHL level. That's 3-4 extra shifts a game. Particularly when we are talking about 2 minutes over the normal maximum for a player, which Volourn is right when he says 18-22 minutes. I haven't seen many Devils games, but I'm assuming that means they are lacking some depth.

How about 0 minutes? http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630263

Kovy out tonight with a lower body injury =[

L0L Suspending adutls for missing curfew. That's garbage. As an adult, I would never tolerate such disgusting rules. I know NSH is down 2-0, and this is simply a case of needing scapegoats but total garbage. Too about shooting yourself in the foot. With Fadulov, the preds would have lost to the Wings and then now thery backstab him.using the excuse that he was 'late for curefew'. And, don't tell me these type of rules are needed for aprofessional league. What a classless organziation with classless rules and a classless coach.n It's all about power. Players ar emaking millions but you still treta them like little kiddies. Idiots.

I wa shoping NSH woudl make aq comeback but I hiope they choke on their arrogant powermad stupidity.

*crosses fingers* that Rhinne doesn't wake up and steal the game so morans can c,laim the suspension were good 'motivators'. The onyl thing such a retarted suspension would do for me would be to seek a new team out. Bunch of wannabe Hitlers. Yes, I went THERE.

I can't say to know the whole story. If they didn't make curfew in time by a few minutes, I don't think its a big deal.

The internets are telling something different. It looks like the two of them went on a bender the night before game two and arrived to the next practice in less than game shape.

If that's the case I support the organizations decision.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Devils score 4 goals in the 3rd period to win 4-1 without Kovy. Series tied 1-1 heading back to Jersey...feels good man.

As for the Nashville situation...I don't know. I agree that it is pretty unfair for the rest of the team to have these two guys out (apparently) partying until 4AM in the most important time of the playoffs with their team down 2-0. Suspending them only hurts the team more though. I think a fine would have been in order.

Edited by Krookie

Not a fine. Not a suspension. Nothing should ahve happened except the coaches watch them and if they were ready to play (ie. not drunk out fo their butts) they should be in the line up since they are two of your top 12 forwards.

If youa re an adult (not in ana rmy for obvious reasons) what you do in your off work time should be your business and your business alone as long as it doesn't effect your job. And, no, brekaing lame rules like 'curfew' or 'not allowed to drink' is not enough to do it.

My bosses don'y give a crap what I do on my own time as long as I show up for work and do my job. Poor play aside (Radulov is NOT the reason NSH is down 2-0 no matter how much stupid 'experts' claim he is and Kotsy has 2 goals IIRC); they're losing because of horrid goaltending and horrible defnese by the defensemen who get paid to play D0.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

With my luck, Rinne will come out and get a 40 save shutout on homeice and idiots will claim that it proves the suspensions were the 'right' clal.

This is nothing but powertripping and all about controlling adultsin any way possible. DISGUSTING.

Don't forget the financial angle here. Benching a player means you still pay them, suspension means they lose money. Given Nashville's status is troubled financially, I'm guessing that was in their thoughts. Not sure if it's the right call in the playoffs, but whatever.

I don't think that has much to do with it at all. Making it to the second round means a lot more money in the Predators pocket.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I don't think it's about money. It's about power. There's a reaosn why they're called 'owners'. They want to 'own' the players. And, 'owners' hate the fatc they have to pay their servants millions of dollars and that players can have limited power. Stupid rules , and suspensions likes these is about streessing dominace, power, and ownership. It's about control.

Nahsville practuically begged radulov to come back late int he season and even withstood a lot of criticism to do so. Theya re rewarded with him playing very well versus Detroit and then they betray him because of a couple of bad TEAM games. He is a scapegoat. Plain and simple.

OMG he stayed up late. THE HORRORZ!

And, don't tell me superstars like Gretzky, Lemuieux, and Howe, etc. NEVER parties/drank/stayed up late a night ebfore a game yet went out there and performed like they usually do. Sucha ridiculous rule. I really reallly hope NSH loses tonight so i don't ahve to read the lame 'it was the right move' nonsense. sadly, NSH will likely win because theya re at home and Rinne is a greta enough goalie to bounce back. No way does NSH go down 3-0 at home no matter what.

P.S. No way do they get suspended if NSH won the first two games of this series and radulov played like he didn vs DET. No way.

Kovy is a gametime decision for game 3 tonight...I don't really get it though. Apparently it's a lower back injury, and three days ago he was so crippled on the ice he could barely skate...Now he claims to be 100%. I know that's probably a lie, but what are the chances he made such an incredible improvement with 3 days off that he'll be effective in game 3?

The NHL doesn't test their athletes during the season. He could be on steroids (helps healing immensely) and/or very strong local painkillers.

Otherwise it's not humanly possible to mend anything broken in just three days.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The NHL doesn't test their athletes during the season. He could be on steroids (helps healing immensely) and/or very strong local painkillers.

Otherwise it's not humanly possible to mend anything broken in just three days.

He has a herniated disc in his back. Apparently it's an injury that you can play through, just pretty f##king painful to do.