The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

I read a good article on Shanahan and his job the other day. I like that they are really emphasizing education and transparency. It's a tough job to cut down on injuries without getting rid of the physical nature of the sport.

I had no idea Kovalchuk can fight.

I was gonna mention this in my post actually. Because of how skilled Kovalchuk is, I think people overlook the physical aspect of his game. He hits like a freight train. He's put more players into the bench this year than any other Devil and at 6'3 230lbs...You don't want to mess with this dude.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers-talk/post/Prongers-wife-Chris-status-very-disheart?blockID=654150&feedID=695

Not a very uplifting story about Chris Pronger and his struggles this season.

Could this be karma for being one of the meanest players in the league?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I could never wish this type of injury on a player, no matter how dirty. However it brings up a good argument about a play style that I think needs to be addressed in hockey. You've got Crosby out, guys like Pronger and Primeau suffering long term, and a few enforcers that died over the summer.

Every year in the playoffs, the Sharks take some heat because their star players don't sacrifice themselves enough. But I'd rather them protect themselves than win the cup any day.

I had my eggs scrambled in a car accident more than fifteen years ago. I still get headaches.

And the Oilers pulled out a convincing victory in Calgary tonight. I'm glad I bought a lottery ticket this afternoon!

Who thinks Rick Nash is going to be on the move? Todays rumours had him going to the Sharks, and Carter going to LA.

Trade deadline days are pretty overhyped. Two dozen analysts on five shows all staring at their blackberries. Weak.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Karma doesn't exist. Those who rely on karma to 'set things straight' are being foolish. Pronger got hurt because he got hurt. Simple as that. Unles youa re gonna claim when a nice person gets hurt that they deserve it. The logic there is just putrid.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And Jeff Carter gets traded to the Kings for Jack Johnson and a conditional first round pick.

I give Johnson exactly one and a half seasons before he asks for a trade.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I won't remember today for the non exciting trade deadline. Tonight, and maybe for the only time, the Oilers have the number one power play in the league.

Not bad for a team in 29th spot.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I won't remember today for the non exciting trade deadline. Tonight, and maybe for the only time, the Oilers have the number one power play in the league.

Not bad for a team in 29th spot.

The one bright spot for Montreal this season is the almost record setting penalty kill. Currently sitting at 89.1667%, just behind the league record 99-00 Dallas Stars at 89.25%. If only our power play wasn't sitting in 29th at 13.7%. :/

I'd say spots 2 through 8 are still up for grabs. There's about three or four teams on the out looking in who could easily squeak into the playoffs with a hot streak.

Personally I'd like to see either Buffalo or Tampa get in, although they have about as good a chance as Winnipeg of making it out of the first round.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif