The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

I'd say spots 2 through 8 are still up for grabs. There's about three or four teams on the out looking in who could easily squeak into the playoffs with a hot streak.

Personally I'd like to see either Buffalo or Tampa get in, although they have about as good a chance as Winnipeg of making it out of the first round.

I'd like to see Tampa get in...I'd be pretty worried if Buffalo did. Miller's ability to steal games is not something I want to mess with in the playoffs.

So Sean Avery was told that he "doesn't need to show up to games or practices" anymore by his AHL team. Funny how one agitator loses his hockey career while another (David Clarkson) winds up having (what should be) a 30 goal season.

Ugly, ugly game tonight. With Tampa and Winnipeg getting hot and Washington still hanging around the Cats cannot keep laying eggs like they did in Philly.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So Sean Avery was told that he "doesn't need to show up to games or practices" anymore by his AHL team. Funny how one agitator loses his hockey career while another (David Clarkson) winds up having (what should be) a 30 goal season.

The Rangers screwed Avery thiss eason... well at least he got paid. Multiple other NHL teams wanted him but NY wanted to be jerkoffs because of their stupid coach. Oh well, he'll likely be abck in the NHL next season.

It's sad it's come to this. I'm actually ENJOYING the Blueshirts' losing streak despite being a long time Ranger fans. Their stupid coach and GM deserve tos ee their precious team self implode.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

How convienent you missed hte fact that multiple teams asked the Rangers about his availability and the Rangers were going to call him back up - again - but got wind that other teams (about 4-6 different ones) were going to grab him off the waiver list so NY decided not to do it so another team couldn't do it.

Cats & Leafs tonight! I have a beer in one hand and the remote control in the other. Cats need a win, the Caps are breathing down their necks and the Jets are not far behind.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hey Volo, how do you feel about Avery's New Jersey buddy David Clarkson having (what should amount to) a 30 goal season the same season that Avery becomes an unemployed hockey player? I've always thought Avery had a pretty good skill set, just no desire to put it to good use. Avery could have been the 40-50 points scorer that he was that one year if he didn't get so caught up in the BS.

After doing some reading I have a better understanding of the whole Avery situation. He cleared waivers once, but before the team could place him on re-entry waivers a few teams inquired about his services. From what I read, it appears Sather wanted to trade him while he was in the minors so another team could pick up paying what was left of his contract if another team poached him upon re-entry.

Although what the Rangers would have to pay for their half of his salary is a joke, I don't see the big deal in Sather trying to get something back for him.

And go Steven Stamkos! 50 goals is awesome in todays nhl!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Nice win last night. The Leafs are a mess. The Caps managed to pull it out against the Isles so they stay one point back. Every game matters, every point, every goal, every faceoff. This is the best part of the season.

Thomas Sowell

I want Grant Clitsome on the Leafs. I don't care who we have to give up to get him, WE NEEDS HIM.

Grant Clitsome!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ales Hemsky of the Oilers recorded his first career hat trick tonight, after 550 games in the league.

Now if Edmonton can just play spoiler for the last three minutes of this Nashville game....

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The Sahrks deserve their misery with the way they trashed Nabokov and Heatley. Morans. I can't eblieve I used to defend that team.

Edited by Volourn

I don't remember them trashing Heatley. They traded for Havlat because it freed up cap space and gave them a speed option to replace Setoguchi. Management had nothing but good things to say about Heatley and his time in San Jose.

Nabokov was also a case of finances, they felt they could get away with a cheaper goaltender. That seems to be a foolish choice now, but I still wouldn't say they trashed him.

"Volo how do you feel about the Rags playing the Flyers if (and probably when) the Pens take over 1st in the Atlantic? "

One gets what they deserves.

Whjen i say trash, i don't mean they bashed them publically. i eman they threw them in the trash ie. they no longer throught theyw ere good enought o play for them. This is why when players like Heatley do what he did with Ottawa I cheer them on because otherwise you end up like Naobov and get thrown in the trash by a team you were loyal to.

So what about when a player leaves via free agency?

I agree with your loyalty sentiment, I don't like it when a team throws a player under the bus to drive value down. But with the Sharks I just see misguided attempts to improve a team that hasn't won a cup.

So what about when a player leaves via free agency?

I agree with your loyalty sentiment, I don't like it when a team throws a player under the bus to drive value down. But with the Sharks I just see misguided attempts to improve a team that hasn't won a cup.

It's the same gamble Philly made by "trashing" Richards and Carter. It was an attempt to shake up the lineup to try something new. Seems to be working for the Flyers but the Sharks weren't as lucky.