Cheering the f*** up

Walsingham

Just to get the ball rolling: if the nuclear reactor near me does suffer a containment failure then I can finally indulge in smoking.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just to get the ball rolling: if the nuclear reactor near me does suffer a containment failure then I can finally indulge in smoking.

And if the nuclear winter comes you won't have to bear anymore rain. I think :dancing:

Just look on the bright side, you don't live in Somalia and your life it's happily uneventful.

And if that don't work try some morphine.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The question isn't "is the cup half full or half empty", the question is whether the liquid in said container is radioactive..."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's sounds like you're being very Bergman-ish, Wals. I would recommend you buy a ferrari and if that's over your budget, get a motorbike.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Smoking cigs/joints/cigars? Or just flat out smoking as parts of your clothing burn off?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Also.. potential radioactivity causing mutations.. Could mean you actually might end up encountering a girl with three boobs..

Ever since Total Recall.. that's been one weird ass mental image.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

But then you'd have to kill her. Know the Mutant..

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also.. potential radioactivity causing mutations.. Could mean you actually might end up encountering a girl with three boobs..

Ever since Total Recall.. that's been one weird ass mental image.

Or a prostitute with three lady bits down below like Yahtzee is so proud of using as a metaphor.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Maybe he's f***ed too many people and got bored with it?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Cheerful people make really, really uneasy. I end up suspecting they're high on some sort of drug or are insane. I do agree that faking cheerfulness is not a good thing to do, but seems you have to do it - at least at work anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm often quite cheerful. It's just recently what with all the economic stuff, and my nation apparently deciding that spending money on and attention on celeberities and nasal tanning spray is more important than fostering democratic ideals or plain human rights, and not getting any ****ing (as you so delicately put it). Plus I might finally have to get glasses, when I've always been proud of my good eyesight... I'm bummed out.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Radiation is a good preservative for vegetables. They are easier to find in a dark kitchen too :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have managed to disable those annoying flash ads by restricting the space used by flash in my computer's memory to 1kb. I now get a surprisingly large number of little permission screens, but this pleases me.

-Elwood Blues

Firefox with 'NoScript' is your friend. Wave goodbye to Flash :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

But what if - and I'm simply speculating here - some eastern European woman wants to show me something artistic? Wouldn't NoScript disable that?

-Elwood Blues

But what if - and I'm simply speculating here - some eastern European woman wants to show me something artistic? Wouldn't NoScript disable that?

By default, yes. You can however change settings on a site by site basis, how much and which scripts you'll allow to run. I've got it off by default and make exceptions for sites like youtube etc. You can also fine tune it by allowing some websites to run scripts only for the current session, i.e. being 'off' again next time you visit.

Adblock is another useful addon, no matter how much website owners decry it as stealing. :)

Oh you feminist-brainwashed misguided fools. You don't get bored from ****ing many people. You get bored from ****ing the one and the same.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well 'too many' can be a lot. Do something enough and it loses all appeal, no ?

Well 'too many' can be a lot. Do something enough and it loses all appeal, no ?

I dimly recall this not being the case.

On the subject of *ahem* romance, my main trouble at the moment is that at least three women have expressed a keen interest recently, but IMO they're far too mad. Evidence 1: they are keen on me.

-Elwood Blues

Oh you feminist-brainwashed misguided fools. You don't get bored from ****ing many people. You get bored from ****ing the one and the same.

I'm pretty sure plenty of feminists would agree with you.