Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

Doesn't sound promising:

"The game has apparently had a rocky development, with the project being restarted several times thanks to tech issues, creative differences within the team and a number of staff leaving the studio. "

But I would soooo love to see a new proper Syndicate game.

Ridley and Tony Scott making CoD Elite content for Activision

This is getting more silly by every day.

Curly turds never made so much money before and mmmm mmmm mmmmm the consumer is loving that s***

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Doesn't sound promising:

"The game has apparently had a rocky development, with the project being restarted several times thanks to tech issues, creative differences within the team and a number of staff leaving the studio. "

But I would soooo love to see a new proper Syndicate game.

Well you're not, you're getting a team based fps somewhat like left 4 dead. DEAL WITH IT.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Another "Dragon" in a game's name and I'll puke.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

He's inconsistent. Mortal Kombat was pretty faithful. The 2nd Resident Evil movie showed he clearly played Resident Evil 3.

But the rest of the Resident Evil movies? He has no room to talk against Tomb Raider. More faithful than what he's done.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why can't people like Steven Spielberg or Ridley Scott pick up a decent game IP and make something ahhwsome?

I think that the guy went a little too hard on the directors (although we should still hang Uwe Boll) he took one movie and based his whole case around it. Whereas there are others that illustrate a counterpoint.

Its just a matter of transference between medium, some games just don't transfer well onto the big screen (e.g: Katamari the movie)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

the half life saga would make a great movie (pair? there is no HL3...), especially if they cast bryan cranston as gordon freeman, and had christopher nolan producing and directing from a screenplay co-written by chris and john nolan and the writers at valve.

wait: i think i misunderstood the conversation.

nevertheless, my comment stands as truth.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Another "Dragon" in a game's name and I'll puke.

The dragon bits in Divinity 2 were undiluted crapola, so I'm not excited at all. Hoping that it'll be a lot better (and completely different) though, if they're building the whole game around the idea.

I concur.

Also, why is there no release date on Deus Ex yet.. or did I miss something?

amazon and metacritic both say august 23rd. steam has no date for some reason though

edit: oh and holy wow i finally got my arch-mage wings! yay

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i honestly feel like making the only available character an ultramarine was a terrible terrible choice.

i love 40k, and would love to play a good game in the universe, but not if i have to play as an ultramarine. there are soooo many cool characters and creatures and factions in the universe, and they made two huge mistakes

1) not giving you a choice of what character you play as (the game should have been designed from the ground up to support 4-6 different characters with unique weapons etc. imagine being able to play as a striking scorpion, death company assault marine, death guard plague marine, or tau fire warrior, it sounds way more fun and would give the fps something really different to showcase than most other shooters being released right now

2) not only is there no character choice, but the one character they gave is the most bland thing they could think of. a bald blue space marine. ugh good lord why... why not at least have made it mildly more interesting if it had to be a space marine: like a dark angel chaplain or something, a deathwing pilot who had to eject in hostile territory, a death company terminator who has only weeks to live anyway but must undertake an important mission before he dies i don't know SOMETHING. right now its just gears of war but fighting orks instead of whatever the hell you fight in gears of war.

/rant. sorry everyone.

Edited by entrerix

It'd be nice to have a sort of Ghost Recon like game set in 40k, at least for SM anyway would make sense - squad tactical type shooter. But yeah, damn UMs. :)

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

im drawing a blank on GR...

help me out here!

Well, could be worse. As example, Blood Angels instead of Ultramarines. Damn, I hate the Blood Angels, they are just everywhere.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I concur.

Also, why is there no release date on Deus Ex yet.. or did I miss something?

26th in Europe, including Scandinavia (for those not following the Scandinavian game scene actively, we often get Thursday releases)

Or are we talking about the movie? :thumbsup:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

i honestly feel like making the only available character an ultramarine was a terrible terrible choice.

i love 40k, and would love to play a good game in the universe, but not if i have to play as an ultramarine. there are soooo many cool characters and creatures and factions in the universe, and they made two huge mistakes

Ultrasmurfs are the Space Marines everyone knows and loves.

Not.

Go Imperial Guard!

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.