Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

That trailer wasn't too bad.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ah, I see, ol' trusty Obsidian forums homophobia. Never fails to amuse me. :p

In the "look how old-fashioned!" 50s bra advert kind of way? In that case, agreed.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

New Reckoning trailer

I'm posting this for one reason and one reason alone. Is that narrator Claudia Black?

If so, day one buy.

Tim Cain's MMO announced

ss_preview_WS_Aurin02.jpg.jpg

From Fallout to...this. :p

How the mighty have fallen.

That trailer is really interesting. If it wasn't an MMO, I'd be excited.

I have to agree with Tale here. This thing's got style, which is more than I can say for most games coming out these days.

I have to agree with Tale here. This thing's got style, which is more than I can say for most games coming out these days.

Which means it'll be dead after six months.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.dota2.com/tournaments/internati...d&c=English DotA2 Tournament can be seen here.

Megaton!

For once, I'm actually surprised.

Yeah, that ...came outta nowhere.

what?!?

there is no way drowsy and boo are the same person.

But the signs were there all along!

Only if you identify items for me.
You mean identify games.

For some of you, it might be also surprise that it was same-sex marriage. I was pretty surprised by myself

Okay, what's up with all the WHAM! news today? Edited by Oner

Only if you identify items for me.
You mean identify games.

Well I thought he was Deckard Cain... :thumbsup:

Snappy action game locked at 30 fps. Do they even have any idea why fans liked the game in the first place? This will bomb harder than Dungeon Siege III.

That's just silly. They are consciously breaking the game's gameplay in order to provide better graphics? What?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

He's holding the AT4 backwards.

To protect against backstabbers, obviously.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, the back blast would definitely kill anyone in front.

I'm watching the DotA 2 championship stream and for the life of me I cant see whats fun in the game. It sure is boring as hell to watch.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'm watching the DotA 2 championship stream and for the life of me I cant see whats fun in the game. It sure is boring as hell to watch.

The only games I've enjoyed watching are Mortal Kombat and Starcraft 2. And I'm not sure why they manage it. Being boring to watch is kind of the standard.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The only games I've enjoyed watching are Mortal Kombat and Starcraft 2. And I'm not sure why they manage it. Being boring to watch is kind of the standard.

Speed and sudden shifts are probably the cause. Although MK is not much faster than other fighting games.

I admit I don't know the intricacies of DotA or tower defense games in general but the actual gameplay is so bare bones and drawn out I'm put off it already. Then again I found Skirmishcraft III boring as well.

Ten man armies ain't my thing. Unless its Myth.

Games that you know are more fun to watch, but even so, DotA2 looks really boring.

And almost uglier than WC3.

but the actual gameplay is so bare bones and drawn out I'm put off it already.
Dude, what. Edited by Oner

Dude, what.

I was referring to the fact that 10 minutes in game I couldn't see a single palpable difference except maybe for the fall of one tower. And that I can't see what there actually is to do in the game except spam hero abilities and use the shop.

Contemporary games which offer FPS-like interfaces still rely on randomized accuracy, which drives players nuts. His own company's Alpha Protocol is one example of this. "No actual human being likes this! You really struggle to get to the point of competence in the game," said Sawyer.

Well damn, I could have told him that when Bloodlines was released, like almost a decade ago. That was my biggest annoyance with the ME series as well.

Dude, what.

I was referring to the fact that 10 minutes in game I couldn't see a single palpable difference except maybe for the fall of one tower. And that I can't see what there actually is to do in the game except spam hero abilities and use the shop.

Controlling the your hero is more complex than Q-click-W-click-E-click, but I agree about the first part. As I said,DotA2 looks really boring.

Dude, what.

As I said,DotA2 looks really boring.

As for the graphics the standard Valve "clean" look apparently just doesn't fit in fantasy games.