Problemi con la lingua

Tananai1

E' la versione PC presumo? Perche' in quel caso basta che tu vada su Steam, tasto destro su Dungeon Siege III -> proprieta' -> Lingua e da la' selezioni italiano. Testo e sottotitoli sono tradotti mentre le voci rimangono in inglese quindi il download dovrebbe essere piuttosto piccolo. (Il forum e' in lingua inglese comunque, non dovresti scrivere in italiano.)

Translation for the moderator/devs:

Taranai1 asked why Dungeon Siege III was in English after installing the Italian version. Presuming they were talking about the PC Steamworks version I gave him/her directions to set it to Italian.

EDIT: Obsidz forums don't like accents. Bad forums. Bad.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

avanti, avanti, avanti con la lingua, siempre avanti

I know there's more to it but that's all I can remember ( I know it included : "pene", and & foot also).

Edited by yoomazir

No reason, it was just a curiosity. I figured if someone was conversating in a certain language they would say everything in that language. Like in the middle of your response you use "download" for no particular reason. Why?

Theres a LOT of english words like this that have become everyday speech in other languages. Mostly for no real reason, though.

Edited by C2B

and some words really don't exist in Japanese

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

At least the examples posted above are vaguely sensible. Why the French now refer to a handkerchief/tissue as "un kleenex" is anybody's guess.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

No reason, it was just a curiosity. I figured if someone was conversating in a certain language they would say everything in that language. Like in the middle of your response you use "download" for no particular reason. Why?

Theres a LOT of english words like this that have become everyday speech in other languages. Mostly for no real reason, though.

Yeah, often names and technical terms will be used in their English version in Danish. Download is a good example. I know that German software makers go way overboard with translating everything (and I mean everything, as in obsessive compulsive) into their own language in their software. Download just makes more sense than Herunter Laden. If for no other reason, because the translated version sounds exactly like what it is, something that is translated and wouldn't normally be said that way in your native language :verymad:

All that Italian makes me hungry for some reason though :banghead:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

At least the examples posted above are vaguely sensible. Why the French now refer to a handkerchief/tissue as "un kleenex" is anybody's guess.

Brand recognition mostly. Kinda like 'correction fluid' is commonly called 'Tipp-Ex' or 'frigidaire' (shortened as 'frigo' with a hard 'g') has become a synonym for 'refrigerator', Kleenex has become short for 'paper handkerchief'.