The funny things thread part 3

Tale

OK, This one is properly ha-ha funny.

It's also soundwise NSFW.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Somebody's gonna get tele-fragged! :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And on stumbling on things..

Who here has actually heard of "Godwin's Law" before now?

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." - In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Everyone but you ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Everyone but you ?

The odd little things that slip you by.. I just didn't hang around on enough forums until now I guess.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Tsk tsk, what could be better than waging ceaseless war online via forums ? :shifty:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Everyone but you ?

The odd little things that slip you by.. I just didn't hang around on enough forums until now I guess.

I believe there is the added condition that if you invoke Godwins Law you automatically lose the debate. Kinda like when posters try to bust on Gromnir for his posting style or Volourn for his quoting method, they've just lost the debate.

I believe there is the added condition that if you invoke Godwins Law you automatically lose the debate. Kinda like when posters try to bust on Gromnir for his posting style or Volourn for his quoting method, they've just lost the debate.

Hey, waitasecond...

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well here's hoping he's dead. Or paralyzed. The latter'd be funnier actually.

Both hooves to the chin at full extension? I can't believe he wasn't crippled if not dead.

-Elwood Blues

That's pretty **** up. I'm with Lewis Black on this. People who wreck economies so they can have marble toilets shouldn't be given 40 months in an open prison. They should be given life in mental institutions next to the gape-mouthed fellahs who write in their own poop.

-Elwood Blues

I believe thats because he simulated having a weapon.

I know sentencing has t obe consistent for justice to be done. But I was under the impression that the purpose of a judge is to take all factors into consideration. Taking 100 bucks and then turning yourself in does not seem an efficient use of a jail cell.

-Elwood Blues

That's pretty **** up. I'm with Lewis Black on this. People who wreck economies so they can have marble toilets shouldn't be given 40 months in an open prison. They should be given life in mental institutions next to the gape-mouthed fellahs who write in their own poop.

Spot on Wals....and Lewis Black rules.

I believe thats because he simulated having a weapon.

I know sentencing has t obe consistent for justice to be done. But I was under the impression that the purpose of a judge is to take all factors into consideration. Taking 100 bucks and then turning yourself in does not seem an efficient use of a jail cell.

Agreed.

I remember another old case, whos name escapes me right now, about someone who stole a loaf of bread from a general store. Unfortunately the store was also a US post office so it became a federal offense and they threw the book at him. Fair? Hell no.

But of course we can all comb the interwebz cherry picking isolated cases of unfairness.

I know a story where a guy broke into a house while the owner was on vacation, but the moron locked himself in. Ten or so days later the owner comes home to find a starving guy locked in the basement. He called the police, who took the guy away.

Then the guy reported him for kidnapping and the owner had to go to jail.