Favourite Fallout New Vegas perks

My top three:

Old World Gourmet

Handloader

Jury Rigger

Survive off the grid, baby!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest Slinky

Don't know about favorites, but every time I get to pick a new perk and see the Sneering Imperialist on the list I can't help but smile ;)

You don't take kindly to raiders, junkies, or tribals trying to "settle" or "stay alive" in civilized lands. Against dirty raider and junkie types as well as Zion's tribals you do +15% Damage and have a bonus to hit in V.A.T.S.

anything that gives a boost to damage with my weapon. Bloody Mess is a good example, can't remember the other ones

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Don't know about favorites, but every time I get to pick a new perk and see the Sneering Imperialist on the list I can't help but smile :lol:

You don't take kindly to raiders, junkies, or tribals trying to "settle" or "stay alive" in civilized lands. Against dirty raider and junkie types as well as Zion's tribals you do +15% Damage and have a bonus to hit in V.A.T.S.

Agreed. Although you need the picture to really do it justice:

Icon_nvdlc02perk_sneering_imperialist.png

Epaulettes!

Black Widow

Finesse/Better Criticals

Silent Running

Intensive Training

...altho tbh I pretty much don't care about 95% of the Perks in NV. I pick some because I have to pick something but they don't really add to my playstyle much. IT helps me the most so I can have high CHA and still have 7 STR & 5-6 in most other SPECIAL. :ermm:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

shotgun surgeon

the cowboy one (lever actions do more damage)

jury rigger

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The cowboy perk (the only reason why I drop 45 skill points to melee combat)

Jury Rigger (less stress with repairing... I am working towards that perk from the very start of the game) and

Hand Loader, because of the fancy new ammo type.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Weapon handling struck me as abject lunacy. Surely taking intensive training and +1 Str makes more sense? You get 50% of the weapon bonus, plus all the benefits of more strength.

I never took the bloody mess perk because I thought 5% more damage was more than outweighed by innumerable perks. The cowboy one or grunt being examples. Which might be fine if bloody mess had a roleplaying component, but it doesn't to me.

Speaking of roleplaying that was the only thing I didn't liek about Old World Gourmet. Spent almost my entire time at the Sierra Madre pissed as a fart. This time round.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Weapon handling struck me as abject lunacy. Surely taking intensive training and +1 Str makes more sense? You get 50% of the weapon bonus, plus all the benefits of more strength.

Necessity in my case. My first character had 3 STR which was eventually raised to 5 with Intense Training and Implant. Being inebriated all the time raises it to 6. Buffout raises it further to 8.

12.7mm pistol & Ranger Sequoia require 7 STR to handle without penalties, Anti-materiel rifle 8.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Necessity in my case. My first character had 3 STR which was eventually raised to 5 with Intense Training and Implant. Being inebriated all the time raises it to 6. Buffout raises it further to 8.

12.7mm pistol & Ranger Sequoia require 7 STR to handle without penalties, Anti-materiel rifle 8.

I didn't realise the sequoia needed strength 7. I have strength 5 and haven't noticed anything I'd regard as negative about the thing. I guess medium range is a bit poor in VATS, but I can snipe people at about 100m just fine over iron sights.

Don't get me wrong, BTW. I think it's fine to have perks that don't make mathematical sense. I'm just interested in that sort of thing.

-Elwood Blues