DS 3 is NOT a DS game

i certainly have. still got the original somewhere in the loft.

the best adventure i ever played was the longest journey though. i didnt know anything about the game and just saw it lying on a shelf in Currys of all places. i looked at the back of the box, it looked like an adventure game so i bought it and was the best thing id played for ages.

didnt like longest journey 2 though. :/

my passion for adventures has waned a bit now, just cant seem to get the level of immersion i can find in rpgs in an adventure. la noire comes close though. but still too much action and not enough puzzles for me.

Ever tried Book of unwritten Tales and Whispered World?

Adventures are still going strong in Europe.

Damn, really?! I wish I would have known that sooner... =P

got whispered world on steam. havent heard of book of unwritten tales, so thanks for putting that on my radar - just had a look on adventure gamers. looks very good, almost discworld'y. thats another of my faves, discworld 2 the best. didnt like noir.

last adventure i bought, but havent actually had time to play, was the indie adventure called Gemini Rue which was supposed to be very good, and i had the cash spare so i bought it on a whim. bit like terraria, and i havent played it either yet.

what was this topic about again? lol

Edited by brandysnap

It's not like a DA2 clone or anything, though my personal opinion is DS3 shares more in common with DA2 than any of the older DS games.

Good point! That's another thing why this game shouldn't be called "Dungeon Siege".

It's not like a DA2 clone or anything, though my personal opinion is DS3 shares more in common with DA2 than any of the older DS games.

Herrr, no. The party system alone makes DS1 a lot closer to DA2 than DS3 ever will be.

Herrr, no. The party system alone makes DS1 a lot closer to DA2 than DS3 ever will be.

...What?...

I'm sorry, but I have to know how you came to that conclusion , heh.

It was a deep and detailfull pc game ones, now it is a console button push hack and slay.

You are describing Dungeon Siege as "deep and detailfull"?! :)

Wow.. I am speechless.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Compared to DS3, the first two are deeper. Mechanics wise, more open world design, party size, online was richer and had more options, greater variety of loot (looks and attributes), skill system had more options, and there seemed like there was much more to do and find in the originals. About the only place DS3 is deeper is the narrative and dialog option.

Edited by Renevent

It was a deep and detailfull pc game ones, now it is a console button push hack and slay.

You are describing Dungeon Siege as "deep and detailfull"?! :shifty:

Wow.. I am speechless.

Yes Sir, I do! Why? See:

Compared to DS3, the first two are deeper. Mechanics wise, more open world design, party size, online was richer and had more options, greater variety of loot (looks and attributes), skill system had more options, and there seemed like there was much more to do and find in the originals. About the only place DS3 is deeper is the narrative and dialog option.

Plus the great encyclopaedia about the monsters in DS2

You are describing Dungeon Siege as "deep and detailfull"?! :p

Wow.. I am speechless.

That's kind of what I was thinking too. DS1's combat was bland as hell. Melee and Range had no options or abilities other than Right Click to Attack. Nature/Combat magic was a bit better in that regard with a wide range of spells but again, combat was simply autoattack. The game was more or less an interactive screensaver. Right Click to Win, indeed. DS2 was a bit better in that regard by adding skill trees and special powers, giving more customization for your characters.

From what the devs have said of DS3, the game will have tons of customization, just done differently from other ARPGs.

I'm more wondering why DA2 is used as a comparison to anything.

It's the most recent big mulit platform RPG. Many peoples memories only go that far.

Witcher 2 says hi. The comparison is a fair one.

Multi platform says hello.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I'm more wondering why DA2 is used as a comparison to anything.

It's the most recent big mulit platform RPG. Many peoples memories only go that far.

Witcher 2 says hi. The comparison is a fair one.

Multi platform says hello.

xbox 360 + pc = single platform? I think your on to something now.