DS 3 is NOT a DS game

Just played the demo and wondered why they expect DS-fans to buy this game since this has (almost) nothing to do with the Dungeon Siege games anymore. Guess it's more easy these days, to make money with console games, as it IS a pure console game. The mouse and camera controls are so lame (guess on a xbox controller they are fine). The gameplay is cheap - no health potions, just spheres to collect, same for mana - save positions - no inventar, just "the new collected item is everytime better than the older one so I just swap them"... Omg I can't believe what they've done to this game series.. It was a deep and detailfull pc game ones, now it is a console button push hack and slay.

I just wanted to drop these lines here for the developers and the community. Go and have fun with this game if you like it, but I won't buy it :lol:

I agree, the game is more like Dragon Age than Dungeon Siege. That doesn't mean it's automatically a bad game though...

No. Again, DS3 is closer to Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath than Dragon Age or Baldur's Gate. There is no party and the gameplay is turned more toward action than point & click.

Should have called it Dragon Siege and gone for a spin off. Who'd have thought that all the "fans" would crawl out of the woodwork? Where you there when Space Siege was released?

On Gas Powered Games boards, perhaps? It's not like it was made by Obsidian.

Have you played the game dude? There is a party in DS3...

Only one guy and you don't have control of her/his actions. A game with a party, for me, is something akin to BG/NWN2/DA with total control of the companions' advancement, equipment and actions in combat.

Only one guy and you don't have control of her/his actions. A game with a party, for me, is something akin to BG/NWN2/DA with total control of the companions' advancement, equipment and actions in combat.

No, there's 4 heroes in a party. And you do control their equipment and their advancement.

Edited by Renevent

Should have called it Dragon Siege and gone for a spin off. Who'd have thought that all the "fans" would crawl out of the woodwork? Where you there when Space Siege was released?

On Gas Powered Games boards, perhaps? It's not like it was made by Obsidian.

Oh? I used to be quite a regular there back in the day and I don't recall any particular outrage.

No, there's 4 heroes in a party. And you do control their equipment and their advancement.

But you only have one with you at a time, and you can't give them orders.Where as DA2 has the PC plus three other characters, that you can give individual orders to each. So no, DS3 plays nothing like DA2.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

It plays a lot like it sans the number and orders...the action is the very similar. It has the character advancement, you control their loot...it's very similar. A lot of people I talk to all make the same comparison too...so saying "nothing like DA2" is just not correct. There's a lot of similarity and the general design feels very similar.

It's not like a DA2 clone or anything, though my personal opinion is DS3 shares more in common with DA2 than any of the older DS games.

Edited by Renevent

It plays a lot like it sans the number and orders...the action is the very similar. It has the character advancement, you control their loot...it's very similar. A lot of people I talk to all make the same comparison too...so saying "nothing like DA2" is just not correct. There's a lot of similarity and the general design feels very similar.

It's not like a DA2 clone or anything, though my personal opinion is DS3 shares more in common with DA2 than any of the older DS games.

It's the same as in it's an RPG(character advancement/loot which all rpgs have to some degree), but it plays (ie combat, controls) completely different.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

It has the character advancement, you control their loot...it's very similar. A lot of people I talk to all make the same comparison too...so saying "nothing like DA2" is just not correct. There's a lot of similarity and the general design feels very similar.

Please ask those people what RPGs other than DA2 they have played please. Thinking that those two games are similar in any way is scary!

What was your first RPG?

ther first one i ever played was bards tale on the spectrum. didnt like it really. was more into games like knight lore and other stuff back then.

tinkered around with a few others like lords of midnight and stuff (didnt have a clue what was going on in that game)

first rpg i ever truly loved was dungeon master on the atari st, quickly superceded by the amiga version of the same game.

and then my passion for rpgs took off, and ive been buying everyone of them ever since. missed some though which sucks. but have got the originals of DS1 & 2 plus classic collections which include the expansions with the originals bundled in.

my passion for rpgs was only rivalled at one point by my passion for point & click adventures which started with monkey island when someone told me to try it out.

wait.... you werent talking to me?? ;)

What was your first RPG?

ther first one i ever played was bards tale on the spectrum. didnt like it really. was more into games like knight lore and other stuff back then.

tinkered around with a few others like lords of midnight and stuff (didnt have a clue what was going on in that game)

first rpg i ever truly loved was dungeon master on the atari st, quickly superceded by the amiga version of the same game.

and then my passion for rpgs took off, and ive been buying everyone of them ever since. missed some though which sucks. but have got the originals of DS1 & 2 plus classic collections which include the expansions with the originals bundled in.

my passion for rpgs was only rivalled at one point by my passion for point & click adventures which started with monkey island when someone told me to try it out.

A little off topic... Have you ever played Grim Fandango? If not, I highly recommend it if you like the point and click adventures (although, in this game there's no pointing and clicking. The controls are horrible. Like Resident Evil 2... But slogging through them is worth it just for how good the atmosphere/story is in that game).

Edited by hopfrog16

What was your first RPG?

Well, question is open for everyone I guess :D

My first RPG was Pool of Radiance (SSI)...I miss those D&D turn based games! Anyways personally I've played so many RPG's I don't even care to count them all. I'm not one of those PC only elitists either, loved Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star, Shadow Run, ect all the same.

Although I will say console RPG's these days are loosing a lot of what I love about RPG's and replacing it with much more linear but story driven cinematic experiences. I can see why people like that sorta stuff, though for me it's the pits.

What was your first RPG?

A little off topic... Have you ever played Grim Fandango? If not, I highly recommend it if you like the point and click adventures (although, in this game there's no pointing and clicking. The controls are horrible. Like Resident Evil 2... But slogging through them is worth it just for how good the atmosphere/story is in that game).

i certainly have. still got the original somewhere in the loft.

the best adventure i ever played was the longest journey though. i didnt know anything about the game and just saw it lying on a shelf in Currys of all places. i looked at the back of the box, it looked like an adventure game so i bought it and was the best thing id played for ages.

didnt like longest journey 2 though. :/

my passion for adventures has waned a bit now, just cant seem to get the level of immersion i can find in rpgs in an adventure. la noire comes close though. but still too much action and not enough puzzles for me.

What was your first RPG?

the best adventure i ever played was the longest journey though. i didnt know anything about the game and just saw it lying on a shelf in Currys of all places. i looked at the back of the box, it looked like an adventure game so i bought it and was the best thing id played for ages.

my passion for adventures has waned a bit now, just cant seem to get the level of immersion i can find in rpgs in an adventure. la noire comes close though. but still too much action and not enough puzzles for me.

I've never heard of that game... I'll go check it out, thanks. =)

Ever tried Book of unwritten Tales and Whispered World?

Adventures are still going strong in Europe.

Ever tried Book of unwritten Tales and Whispered World?

Adventures are still going strong in Europe.

Damn, really?! I wish I would have known that sooner... =P