E3 2011

Livestream doesn't work for me, apparently it's not available from my location. Any alternative live stream? People are completely going nuts @Bethsoft forums about Skyrim.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I just saw the trailer for Halo:CE, I'm super excited, it's the only true Halo.

I want to see what they do with Halo 4, I had enough fun with the series that I'm still interested.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Anyone even remotely interested in Halo 4?

I am. I may hate the multiplayer, but I find the campaigns to be fantastic. With exception of the levels I've ranted too much against.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm really excited for all of this kinect stuff. It will be fun.

*haters gonna hate*

If you have kids it'll most certainly be good stuff. Problem is I don't have kids, nor am I interested in the "YOU are the controller" novelty. I have the Wii and I haven't used it in ~a year.

My son doesn't play games yet. I do and having plenty of experience with both Kinect and Wii, I see the huge difference between gimmicky glitch controls of Wii and the potential of Kinect. Voice commands are a great idea, I've always wanted to do that. That's really where Kinect can shine - minigames, menu navigation, voice commands and secondary movements(like head tilting in Forza)

My son doesn't play games yet. I do and having plenty of experience with both Kinect and Wii, I see the huge difference between gimmicky glitch controls of Wii and the potential of Kinect. Voice commands are a great idea, I've always wanted to do that. That's really where Kinect can shine - minigames, menu navigation, voice commands and secondary movements(like head tilting in Forza)

Never tried it myself but Tom Clancy's Endwar had voice commands for selection of groupings and movements which seemed like a neat idea.

That'd be something, a kinect specific RTS game.

Honestly, that'd work pretty well methinks.

Another Deadiest warrior? They thought that piece of trash was good enough for a sequel?

And is 343 studios a segment of Bungie or something else?

And Halo CE is basically going to be "Same game with an engine overlay" WTF!?

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Voice commands are a great idea, I've always wanted to do that. That's really where Kinect can shine - minigames, menu navigation, voice commands and secondary movements(like head tilting in Forza)

Probably. I most likely will never know for myself though (no longer a 360 owner).

Are you actually familiar with Kinect's accuracy? It's good for gestures, but not so much for selecting things.

Voice commands always sound cool, but in the end it's usually more work than a quick key.

The problem is always that you are talking to yourself and look ridiculous if anyone is around.

Sorry, are you trying to act cool while gaming?

Not annoying fellow residents seems like a good start.

Edited by Purkake

"ME3 is all about kick-ass action, choices with consequences and immersion in an epic sci-fi universe".

Muzyka just broke the record for most buzzwords in a single sentence. Sorry, Todd.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Are you actually familiar with Kinect's accuracy? It's good for gestures, but not so much for selecting things.

Voice commands always sound cool, but in the end it's usually more work than a quick key.

The problem is always that you are talking to yourself and look ridiculous if anyone is around.

Sorry, are you trying to act cool while gaming?

Not annoying fellow residents seems like a good start.

You'd probably have to have something that the hackers have come up with that's much more precise to help you out.

I would much rather that someone went the other way with RTSs and made some kind of a hierarchical chain of command/rudimentary programmable AI squad commander thing that took some of the load off you :(

Well the ultimate RTS would sort of be that but instead of commanding units you're giving objectives to armies of players under your command.

I would much rather that someone went the other way with RTSs and made some kind of a hierarchical chain of command/rudimentary programmable AI squad commander thing that took some of the load off you :(

Odd too, they had that stuff in a wargame. Meant to make it easier for you, think it was one of the Close Combat ones.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Anyone else find it strange there's no Acti conference?

Because they have so much to show....

They have at least MW3 to show off.... And MS's entire conference was about one item and the ways you could use that.

Maybe Activision will show War for Cybertron 2!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."