E3 2011

I don't get all this hype around AC. is it a role-playing game or a stealth game? and what's so great about it?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It's a fun game even if the story is a little out there it's still understandable.

The closest thing to its gameplay is Batman Arkham Asylum.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yawn.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't get all this hype around AC. is it a role-playing game or a stealth game? and what's so great about it?

It's a heavily scripted sandbox game with "social stealth". It's fun to run around the giant environments and stuff, I guess.

Edited by Purkake

So, no BG&E 2 then? :(

There's no stealth, it's a pure action game. You're supposed to be an assassin, but you can just stroll into a group of Templars/hoplites/whatever and counter-attack all enemies that attack you one-by-one to death.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

oh, a sandbox game? interesting

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yay for stupid woman who's watching facebook who said she was laughing at the "Mr. Caffine"

Purk, you just don't like it because not enough is over the top comedic explosive fun.

I haven't actually played the second one, but open world seems kind of pointless if all you can do there are procedurally generated quests and looking at pretty views.

Well, you could say that about GTA or Just Cause or Saints Row.

Can you steal a fighter jet, attach enemies to the back of it with a wire and surf on its wing while it's crashing into an oil refinery in Assassin's Creed? Can you ride on the roof of your car attaching following cars to lamp posts and each other,

? Can you dress up in a sweet pimp suit complete with a cane and the swagger and pimp slap everyone who gets in your way? Can you dismantle buildings one reinforcement beam at a time collapsing it on your enemies? Enter a building from the roof with a sledgehammer and rescue hostages?

GTA is mostly about getting cops to chase you and that does get boring after a while.

Edited by Purkake

yep

Walsingham said:

Can you steal a fighter jet, attach enemies to the back of it with a wire and surf on its wing while it's crashing into an oil refinery in Assassin's Creed? Can you ride on the roof of your car attaching following cars to lamp posts and each other,
? Can you dress up in a sweet pimp suit complete with a cane and the swagger and pimp slap everyone who gets in your way? Can you dismantle buildings one reinforcement beam at a time collapsing it on your enemies? Enter a building from the roof with a sledgehammer and rescue hostages?

No but that may be because AC games attempts to maintain some lose hold on realism.

Just saw that ME3 trailer as I got home. Epic, brah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No but that may be because AC games attempts to maintain some lose hold on realism.

Yup, jumping hundreds of meters into hay, flying on wind currents created by bonfires and time travel establish AC's firm grip on realism. Also, the question was how does AC justify its sandboxy-ness?

Also, the question was how does AC justify its sandboxy-ness?

I was unaware it had to.

Between quite numerous gameplay elements, locations, missions and mostly open-ended nature of the terrain it seems to be quite obvious on what kind of game it is.

Yup, jumping hundreds of meters into hay, flying on wind currents created by bonfires and time travel establish AC's firm grip on realism. Also, the question was how does AC justify its sandboxy-ness?

Technically, no time travel. But you can get in a fight with the pope and beat him all over the floor.

You can also beat up illegit husbands on request from their sisters. Collect gear for your character, armor, and unravel mysteries.

And in Brotherhood purchase the world.

Oh, and they're about to do deus Ex on the stream.