Bin Laden is dead

Wow... this is going downhill fast. :)

You swines are going to get this thread locked and I was enjoying it. You would think the death of Bin Laden would be the one thing we could all come together and agree was a good thing but it is making the religious and political threads look civilized! :(

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

That doesn't even make sense, kid. Clearly it's way past your bedtime and it's showing.

(ooh, I left myself wide open for a "your mum" comeback! that and a few more of your "no U" retorts should do it!)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That doesn't even make sense, kid. Clearly it's way past your bedtime and it's showing.

(ooh, I left myself wide open for a "your mum" comeback! that and a few more of your "no U" retorts should do it!)

the person name calling on the internet just called someone else a kid

lol

You really are out of ideas, aren't you? Or was your little sister writing your replies for you and she got sleepy-eyed and left you in charge?

Gonna take a break now. Be a good retardo and go to bed already. And don't touch your teddy in the special place, despite what you may have heard, that's not what friends do.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You really are out of ideas, aren't you? Or was your little sister writing your replies for you and she got sleepy-eyed and left you in charge?

Gonna take a break now. Be a good retardo and go to bed already. And don't touch your teddy in the special place, despite what you may have heard, that's not what friends do.

I never had any ideas to begin with silly. If you'll notice you've been the only one dropping insults, like you said, I've only been using "no u" responses :(

Edited by Krookie

I don't know why you'd care, but I'm willing to bet some of the people who were cheering in the streets on sunday night would be flipping out at the images they'd be shown if one of the people I mentioned was assassinated.

Yeah, and why is that? Because many Americans respect and love the people you mentioned.

Are you now saying that many Muslims respected and loved Osama Bin Laden? Because you are now insulting Muslims.

Not that many did, just that somebody did.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

They still deserve the same level of respect as any other dead guy, including Bin Laden, and John Paul II.

Incredible.

Why? Would you prefer it have been mutilated or otherwise dealt with in a manner that would given more ammunition for the radical individuals to toss at America? If not, what you prepose we have done with the corpse?

:p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

They still deserve the same level of respect as any other dead guy, including Bin Laden, and John Paul II.

Incredible.

Why? Would you prefer it have been mutilated or otherwise dealt with in a manner that would given more ammunition for the radical individuals to toss at America? If not, what you prepose we have done with the corpse?

:p

I hate that argument. If we really care what Al-Qaeda thinks we should get rid of all the homosexuals in this country, convert to Islam and adopt Sharia law.

As for the body... poke it with a stick?

I hate that argument. If we really care what Al-Qaeda thinks we should get rid of all the homosexuals in this country, convert to Islam and adopt Sharia law.

Yeah, because doing exactly what Al-Quaeda wants is exactly what I was suggesting - way to put words into my mouth and jump in conclusions. Take a step back and actually look at the point I was making: would you rather the military have desecrated a body after death for no particular reason, unless there's some compelling counter argument that you've not used yet as I've not seen anything in the thread arguing how such an action would be a good thing, and possibly convince more people that the U.S. is engaged in an all-out war on Islam or would you have them do what was done and possibly convince some of the same people that America, while hunting those who helped commit atrocities, was not 'the great Satan'? Really, do you think that doing anything else would have done us any more good?

As for the body... poke it with a stick?

And what, exactly, would that accomplish?

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yeah, because doing exactly what Al-Quaeda wants in exactly what I was suggesting - way to put words into my mouth and jump in conclusions. Take a step back and actually look at the point I was making: would you rather the military have desecrated a body after death for no particular reason, unless there's some compelling counter argument that you've not used yet as I've not seen anything in the thread arguing how such an action would be a good thing, and possibly convince more people that the U.S. is engaged in an all-out war on Islam or would you have them do what was done and possibly convince some of the same people that America, while hunting those who helped commit atrocities, was not 'the great Satan'? Really, do you think that doing anything else would have done us any more good?

Kinda like... well actually exactly like you put words into Wrath of Dagon's mouth? Kind of like you are doing, RIGHT NOW, insinuating that I advocate desecrating the body?

And what, exactly, would that accomplish?

I... don't know. Thats why you poke it. See what happens.

Kinda like... well actually exactly like you put words into Wrath of Dagon's mouth?

And when did I do that? When I asked him a question*? Please, step off your soap-box now and give it a rest - you're only make yourself look bad.

Kind of like you are doing, RIGHT NOW, insinuating that I advocate desecrating the body?

You're the guy saying that the body should be poked with sticks, I'm fairly sure that's counted as desecrating a body the last time I checked. You know, the whole mutilation after death thing.

*You know, that whole 'what you propose we have done with the corpse' thing? And, before you start, I did not set up a false dichotomy as I left the door open for other segestions as to what should have been done with the body.

-Hurlshot

Kinda like... well actually exactly like you put words into Wrath of Dagon's mouth?

And when did I do that? When I asked him a question*? Please, step off your soap-box now and give it a rest - you're only make yourself look bad.

Kind of like you are doing, RIGHT NOW, insinuating that I advocate desecrating the body?

You're the guy saying that the body should be poked with sticks, I'm fairly sure that's counted as desecrating a body the last time I checked. You know, the whole mutilation after death thing.

*You know, that whole 'what you propose we have done with the corpse' thing? And, before you start, I did not set up a false dichotomy as I left the door open for other segestions as to what should have been done with the body.

Yeah, jumping to that question was totally not rude or anything. What would YOU do? Desecrate the body? Sleepy face!

Speaking of sarcasm. Are you playing along with me right now or did you not get my sarcasm about the body poking? 'Cause I thought my follow up on the body poking made it pretty clear... Come on... what would poking the body accomplish. :p

Yeah, jumping to that question was totally not rude or anything.

So now it's 'asking a question like that was rude'. Firstly, what if it was? Does that make it any less deserving of an answer?

And, no, I don't think it was rude given the context of the conversation going on - blunt yes, but not rude.

Are you playing along with me right now or did you not get my sarcasm about the body poking?

Just maybe a little. Still, I'd like to know what the problem was with burying him at sea - as far as I can see there's been benefits pointed out and no negatives. Frankly I think it was one of the best things the U.S. could have done given the situation.

-Hurlshot

Just maybe a little. Still, I'd like to know what the problem was with burying him at sea - as far as I can see there's been benefits pointed out and no negatives. Frankly I think it was one of the best things the U.S. could have done given the situation.

I'm thinking it might have been better to have distanced him from a 'proper' Islamic funeral considering he supposedly represents everything Islam is against. Its like... I don't know... giving a child molester a 'good father' award or something. I'm not saying piss on the body, I'm just saying it seems odd.

Here is an article I just stumbled on. Though it sounds like they may actually be upset at the burial not being correct. Can't really win.

"CAIRO -- Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden's burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets. Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial

I do find it a bit strange that the same people who were so horrified that Bin Laden and his cohorts, as well as a few of the Anti-american islamic nations, were celebrating on 9/12/01, are now saying that it's perfectly ok for them to be cheering up a storm when Bin Laden is killed.

I find it strange that the celebration of the horrific murder of thousands of civilians is being compared to the celebration of the killing of a terrorist leader responsible for thousands of deaths.

I'm just not making the connection.

I must have missed his trial where he was found guilty of all this. When was it?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I do find it a bit strange that the same people who were so horrified that Bin Laden and his cohorts, as well as a few of the Anti-american islamic nations, were celebrating on 9/12/01, are now saying that it's perfectly ok for them to be cheering up a storm when Bin Laden is killed.

I find it strange that the celebration of the horrific murder of thousands of civilians is being compared to the celebration of the killing of a terrorist leader responsible for thousands of deaths.

I'm just not making the connection.

I must have missed his trial where he was found guilty of all this. When was it?

I told you, they should have incarcerated him in Sweden, where he would eventualy have become a feted member of the local liberal cognoscenti.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I told you, they should have incarcerated him in Sweden, where he would eventualy have become a feted member of the local liberal cognoscenti.

That would've been nice.

Fortune favors the bald.