Rift

Hurlshort

Hmm, sounds nice and OP like I like. Ill see if I can drum up the energy but the thought of leveling another toon doesnt excite me one bit.

That's the root of my lack of motivation to get the game. I'm sure I'd like the game if I could sit down and play it for several days in a row, but I have the attention span of gnat the past few months.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Huh, Patch 1.2 appeared today adding.... an LFG TOOL!

And they also threw in an Wardrobe tab that'll let you set up clothing sets for roleplay purposes. And apparently they're integrating various social networks apparently O.o

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So, just got the game. Which server to join/Where are you guys?

Greybriar server, Defiant faction. We just finished forming the guild, so you can message any of us. My character is Hurlshot and Calax is Cardath. Shadysands is on too, but I can't remember his name.

See you in the game!

LOL it took about five minutes to install and is now telling me twelve hours to patch. So it's a 6.5 day free trial, right?

that's how it is with EVERY MMO.

I'm going to hold off playing (patching etc) until I get my new PC up and running which should be sometime in the coming week, depending. Huzzah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Monte, so far we have a Defiant guild on the Greybriar server, and a couple Guardian guys on Faeblight. Enjoy!

Yo, if I want to make a Defiant character what hints can you give me as a complete n00b? I like melee fighting type characters and have little or no interest in pansy spell-flinging. The character generation system looks a bit complex so any help / suggestions appreciated.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Monte, so far we have a Defiant guild on the Greybriar server, and a couple Guardian guys on Faeblight. Enjoy!

Yo, if I want to make a Defiant character what hints can you give me as a complete n00b? I like melee fighting type characters and have little or no interest in pansy spell-flinging. The character generation system looks a bit complex so any help / suggestions appreciated.

Warrior is a great one to start with.

I tend to make a few different characters in the first couple days, just trying them on for size, and then eventually figuring out which one feels right.

I'm still in Terminus waiting for that Diamond mob to spawn. I hate, hate, hate non revisitable areas in MMORPGs that have stuff like this. My perfectionism doesn't allow me to leave this place.

Also I'm running around with around 50 gold

Edited by C2B

Theres areas you cant go back to once you've left?

Both tutorial zones are one shot only zones that you go through. They're both technically in different points in time than the main game, the Defiants version being in the future, after the big bad has basically taken over the world, and the guardians being in the past when the King went crazy and released the big bad on the world.

Eventually, mebbe next year, this game will finish downloading. FFS.

Remember if you want to have any friends, we are on Greybriar with the Defiant faction, and Faeblight with the guardian faction.

Yes, you're on the n. america server, right? So I d/l and patch (Europe), switch to n. america then guess what - another 8 hour d/l to update for that one!

Sheesh.

Yikes, I didn't know they had broken it down into regions. I hope that doesn't cause performance issues for you.