RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Or, to make myself completely clear, even if credit card info hasn't been compromised, this is the biggest data break in & theft in history.
Heartland Payment Systems is about 130 million records.

I knew I totally shouldn't have made a blanket statement like that without looking into it.

OK, it's the biggest data break THAT AFFECTS ME! =]

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Or, to make myself completely clear, even if credit card info hasn't been compromised, this is the biggest data break in & theft in history.
Heartland Payment Systems is about 130 million records.

I knew I totally shouldn't have made a blanket statement like that without looking into it.

OK, it's the biggest data break THAT AFFECTS ME! =]

You're not a US Veteran, are you?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

psn has my super low security password, they can have that, all it will do is get them on this forum so they can post naughty things and get me in trouble.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You're not a US Veteran, are you?

Neither. Well, I'm a lance corporal of the Finnish army reserves, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a veteran. I hear "I was taught to kill by the Finnish army" used to be a good way to get out of bar fights in the UK, but I dunno...

that sounds like a monty python sketch title to me

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

They didn't only get passwords and cc info. Name, adress, zip code, date of birth and secret question and anwser. Will only use pre-paid cards from now on.
Isn't that a lot worse though (see the bolded part) ?

Most of the websites only offer same 5-6 questions that every other website also do. And I bet it's a lot more common for users to share the same answer between different sites than it is to share same password.

Or do you have a habbit of making up a different name every time you fill in the "What's your mothers maiden name?" ?

Edited by trulez

They didn't only get passwords and cc info. Name, adress, zip code, date of birth and secret question and anwser. Will only use pre-paid cards from now on.

Most of the websites only offer same 5-6 questions that every other website also do. And I bet it's a lot more common for users to share the same answer between different sites than it is to share same password.

Or do you have a habbit of making up a different name every time you fill in the "What's your mothers maiden name?" ?

I actually have a lot of varying questions (and thankfully, I do segregate my e-mails a bit, so this only affects gaming for me), mostly because I always pick the one that can't be found by using google, or in the case of mother's maiden name, in 2 minutes at most public libraries. :thumbsup:

Yes, that is bad. It doesn't help that I forgot what the hell my secret question and answers are.

Luckily, I do use different answers for different things. My mothers maiden name? I usually just make up something no matter what the question is.

Lol, who uses security questions?

More like unsecurity questions(sorry, that doesn't really lend itself for good jokes).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-...r-speed-the-run

The interesting part is that it's being done by Black Box AND uses the Frostbite 2.0 engine.

I thought that our Game Industry Professional told us that such engine sharing was outside the realm of possibility, and we were ignorant peasants to suggest otherwise? :lol:

Assuming that's true I imagine so.

It's not another fully numbered installment so they wouldn't change the settings.

Besides they have painted themselves into a corner on that, it will take a good deal of work to bend history to their ideas of political correctness.

More interesting will be the target platform.

NGP perhaps?

I thought that our Game Industry Professional told us that such engine sharing was outside the realm of possibility, and we were ignorant peasants to suggest otherwise? :lol:

*sigh* I never said that, so it must be someone else.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I thought that our Game Industry Professional told us that such engine sharing was outside the realm of possibility, and we were ignorant peasants to suggest otherwise? :)

*sigh* I never said that, so it must be someone else.

No, actually you said the exact opposite. I must be off my meds, again. :lol:

I'm holding my breath for Ezio to time travel to the future and off Desmond so we can play as Ezio and only Ezio.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif