Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

That is going by the displayed time on the save game (just shy of 12 hours, in the BotM) which amazingly I still have. It was probably a bit longer in practice due to non QBRM dying/ reloading not being counted against that time, and would have been longer had I been playing on Hard rather than Normal.

As long as you, the customer, come away feeling satisfied with the experience, does it really matter?

No. But a lot of our regular complainers seem to have rushed through the games they are complaining about in about 1/3 to 1/2 the time people who enjoyed the game did. This means that a) they never gave the game a proper chance in the first place (and am wondering why they bought it - since I HOPE they bought it) or b) they should have just given up when they decided it wasn't up their alley. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Do you perhaps have some examples for your comment?

No. Because then I would have to lay out a careful argument with references instead of just looking around and going with my gut feeling. I do it for a living (meager as it is), so I prefer to stick to just shooting my mouth/fingers off here. Even if it means that occasionally some snotface calls me out for using wikipedia as a source in a Serious Internet Discussion (aka budding flamewar).

I always look at it with the idea that if I have a good game that's worth playing, I might as well take my time and enjoy it. If I had a huge backlog of games that I needed to get through before I died, I might feel pressure to play faster. But since no such backlog exists, I see no point in rushing to the finish.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

My point was that different people take different time when "taking their time" no one is advocating rushing through a game.

So while someone might want to find all the hidden cybermodules in SS2, others might just be fine with finding all the main logs and some might be fine with just following the main path and not minding missing a few logs here and there.

Edited by Purkake

So while someone might want to find all the hidden cybermodules in SS2,

I think I missed one though. :)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Heh, if anyones been paying attention to the "Ask JJB" youtube clips, have you noticed how much he compares elements from Human Revolution to the original Deus Ex.. He tends to skip DX:IW when people ask questions about level design and such..

City hubs are going to be in the style of the original. You travel between cities as part of the storyline, but once in a city you can move back and forth between locations pretty much as you want.. And at later points in the story you'll return to previously visited cities that will have effects from choices you made earlier...

Hm, and apparently his favourite level from Deus Ex was Versalife, for its level design and multi-path style which is what he pushed for in the design of Human Revolution.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

He tends to skip DX:IW when people ask questions about level design and such..

Can you blame him?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

City hubs are going to be in the style of the original. You travel between cities as part of the storyline, but once in a city you can move back and forth between locations pretty much as you want..

And this is different from IW how?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

City hubs are going to be in the style of the original. You travel between cities as part of the storyline, but once in a city you can move back and forth between locations pretty much as you want..

And this is different from IW how?

Well IW were very cramped hubs. From what's been said they're going more in the wide hubs like the original..

And the horde of previews are out as the first embargo's lapse.. and there's a bunch more for the 24th or so of Feb when the next release of news will be allowed out..

Gamespot Extended Hands On

Deus Ex Impressions

Eurogamer Preview

CVG Preview

Heh, and one thing from that latest JJB interview ended with the "its out on xbox360 , ps3 and pc. Oh yeah, I've been playing it a lot on pc lately and its frikkin awesome!"

So here's to hoping the pc version works smoothly...

Hm, and I hadn't noticed just how much Adam Jensen resembles JJB... inspired art, or just a subtle form of advertising.... :)

Edited by Raithe

Damn, was hoping he would say it sucked on PC. Hm, guessing it'll end up in the ME2 range.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been catching up with the new stuff for this game. Was pretty much THE game for the first half of this year (in fact, if ME3 comes out in December, 11/12ths of this year), so kind of sorry to see the release date back up in the air. Hope it's just a sign of Squeenix knowing they have a megahit in their hands and wanting all the profit in one fiscal year, and not one of those AP style release date changes. :o

Anyway, 'tis looking pretty good for now...

There was speculation that they wanted to avoid releasing at the same time as Dragon Age 2. Seems reasonable enough.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There was speculation that they wanted to avoid releasing at the same time as Dragon Age 2. Seems reasonable enough.

I know, I was one of the people speculating. :p

Still would like to know when I can get my grubby paws on it!

Unless there's been another "delay" that I've missed..the talk was just delaying it till the end of April'ish.. Not really a huge shift in release..

Unless there's been another "delay" that I've missed..the talk was just delaying it till the end of April'ish.. Not really a huge shift in release..

The only information released was that they were delaying the game "into the next fiscal year". Which, for them, indeed starts in April 2011... but ends in March 2012. So yeah, considering how "done" the game appears to be in reviews, April is possible, or they have just polished the first three hours of the game and realised they need another year for it. :p

Heh, I like that they've felt a need to put out this:

Reading various forums... it seems people think the game is done. It's not. Really. The team's polishing their baby as much as possible.

It's something I'm thinking of avoiding until I actually play the game.. since it has the potential to spoil some in-game story I imagine...

It's something I'm thinking of avoiding until I actually play the game.. since it has the potential to spoil some in-game story I imagine...

I read the first issue, It doesn't go any further than what the previews have shown. Mostly background stuff on how the world reacts to the advent of the singularity, the characterization of Jensen seems a little off sometimes due to facial expressions.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif