This England

Walsingham

7/7 inquest

People nearby approached the wreckage of the bomb blast, not to offer help as others did, but just to take photos.

What the **** is wrong with some people?

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The dangers of being sued for trying to help people helped push away the urge to be a good samaritan.

Also, the heavy pressure of radical feminalism did its best to kill the chivalric urge....

Combined with the general desire of people not to get involved in things these days as well...

All combinations that suck the life out of common courtesy and the willingness to aid a stranger.

Heh, I know I've gotten a few comments from the girlfriends of my mates at times over the fact I'm one of the few guys they've ever met in their lives who will offer a jacket if I notice they're cold, or regularly hold open a door for them..

If even those basic attitudes have disapeared, the odds of people actually being helpful when theres possible danger?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

If your first thought at seeing the dying is "I might get sued" then you're probably not the type to help in the first place. Pitiful excuse. If you wouldn't get sued, maybe you'd think instead "I might get blood on my shirt." That's not society making you afraid to help, that might be you being too self absorbed to.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If your first thought at seeing the dying is "I might get sued" then you're probably not the type to help in the first place. Pitiful excuse. If you wouldn't get sued, maybe you'd think instead "I might get blood on my shirt." That's not society making you afraid to help, that might be you being too self absorbed to.

I don't know.. If you've seen repeated news stories of good samaritans who've ended up losing their houses because some idiot they helped save sued them for the manner in which they saved them.. You might start being cautious in providing aid...

A couple of years ago there was even one where a policemen was sued by a woman he performed cpr on. Because he opened her top and exposed her bra to the onlookers. I kid you not.

If you're worried about getting sued, then frankly that's acceptable, if not for me. Hell, we got told as much on my first aid training. That if we tried to use army first aid on a civilian then we could be sued. But no-one seemed inclined to let some sod bleed to death on the offchance.

But this isn't about that. These people blithely stroll up and take photos? The smallest human feeling or even fear or disgust would drive you away, surely? Meaning to me that these people had none of it.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Do you know how it is to get blood out?

Yes, I know quite well how hard it is to get blood out. My question is, do you know how much this shirt cost?

Actually yes. :lol: And it's nothing compared with all the other icky stuff which leaks out of people when they get hurt.

-Elwood Blues

If you're worried about getting sued, then frankly that's acceptable, if not for me. Hell, we got told as much on my first aid training. That if we tried to use army first aid on a civilian then we could be sued. But no-one seemed inclined to let some sod bleed to death on the offchance.

But this isn't about that. These people blithely stroll up and take photos? The smallest human feeling or even fear or disgust would drive you away, surely? Meaning to me that these people had none of it.

This must be something english. Because we actually have laws to protect people trying to render aid in the US. But at the same time, we're the people characterized as more prone to lawsuit.

Well, yeah. But these people weren't leaving or just getting clear or even going to fetch help. They were taking photos of people in distress.

-Elwood Blues

Yeah, yeah, I detest those people. I can't fathom the behavior, so speculating on it is beyond me.

To go for the dark and twisty humour.. London.. so they were London Business People.. not exactly the most shining examples of pleasant behaviour gathered...

But seriously, yes.. not helping is one thing, but stopping to just take pictures (possibly with an eye towards selling it to the news?) does speak of a rather callous and appalling attitude.

I can only suppose it speaks of a total failure of empathy. Combined with an absence of any codified sense of propriety. Gives me the heebiejeebies.

-Elwood Blues

Eh, rubber necking happens. Never been around anyone dying from trauma, but was kind of neat to see the cops leave a shirtless corpse on the patio next to our office once in 40 C heat, heh.

Understand them not helping, if you have no confidence that you'll help due to no idea what you're doing or whatever.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Once again, I understand not doing anything*. It's taking photos instead of doing something which I find insane.

*I don't condone it, but I get it.

-Elwood Blues

Actually this is a pretty common phenomenon, people taking photos/filming during the most inappropriate moments.

Doesn't make it OK.

-Elwood Blues

Maybe but I wonder if you appreciate just how often you see this sort of thing. The other day I saw a video of some man getting his hand bitten into by a shark. The camera man carried on filming whilst he screamed like a little girl.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Far as I know:

1. This

2. Kids filming beatings

3. Abu Ghraib

Uniformly ****ed up.

-Elwood Blues

Once again, I understand not doing anything*. It's taking photos instead of doing something which I find insane.

*I don't condone it, but I get it.

Hmm, It looks the concept of being human or humane is disappearing.

I wonder how long it will take before the above comment is seen as insane. People rarely care for anything that is beyond them, which is why changing anything is so hard, whatever it is that caused people to reward others that help is dissapearing.

I wonder how long it will be before such behavior becomes a nuisance.

Edited by Irrelevant

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk