The Cataclysm is coming!

Calax

I must say I like the changes to WPL, I liked that zone the most out of all and it's nice to see that I affected things somewhat. I will miss Azshara pre-Cataclysm though, was a nice zone to just amble around alone in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There was about 2-3 weeks of stuff, started off with dealing with cultists, then soothing elementals, then they have elemental invasions in the world (and Outland oddly..) then invasions of the cities. Sort of ho-hum, but Blizzard's world events largely suck all the time so no surprise.

I have to laugh at the changes to the old quests - the NPC tells you where to go, when it's also in the quest text, and also the fact there's a Flight point EVERYWHERE. A guild mate continually whines about travel time in the 'Old' world so I guess people didn't like that ? Not sure if this is constant but an NPC sent me into a cave, then went with me - that way I don't have to go in and out repeatedly, but I suppose that's a nice change.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was wondering, are they planning to do a complete overhaul of the engine, because it looks like ****.

There must be a lot of redeeming qualities otherwise it would not be the most successful mmorpheger ever, but graphics is surely not one of them. How can you stand looking at those models for hours on end ?

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I like the look of the models. Nice primary colors instead of the grit look all the other games have that just makes you want to take a shower while playing.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The engine has been tweaked gradually, but I can't say I've ever been put off by the graphics. More like the totally crushing boredom :x

Why kill the goose that lays the golden egg? Part of WoW's ridiculous success can be attributed to the fact that almost any working computer can play it and tbh, with everthing set to ultra, it looks no worse than say FO:NV. Different style mind you, "realistic" vs cartoon, but I think it looks more than adequate.

I wasn't thinking about the colors.

Part and parcel.

I think that they did a lot of graphics updating this expansion. I was running around on a lower level priest and found an AWESOMELY funny quest where you help a... special druid work with the cenarians. By special I mean this druid turns into water form on land and wonders why he's upside down and can't move, goes bear and can't see, goes kitty and randomly pounces around, and goes boomkin form and moonfire spams himself until he's out of mana.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

so, if I understand correctly, they removed the old zones and replaced them with new ones permanently? I'm asking because the russian distributor is giving away the base game and the first expansion for free, I'm thinking about trying it out... does it mean, I won't see the old zones even if I don't install Cataclysm?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

They didn't so much remove and replace as overwrite. The zones are still there but they've been updated to reflect the changes that have happened since the original game came out. So basically they move the time span ahead by 3-5 years.

AND HERE'S WHY JOHNNY!

...does it mean, I won't see the old zones even if I don't install Cataclysm?

The old zones are still there, just rearranged.... :x

And yes, you would be able to see everything without Cataclysm, you just wont be able to play the new races/fly in Azeroth/advance to level 85/etc... when the expansion comes out on 7 Dec.

EDIT: By "base game and first expansion" you are still two expansions behind as you only get the main game and the "Burning Crusade" expansion. You would then need to buy the "Wrath of the Litch King" expansion and then the "Cataclysm" expansion if you wanted to be fully up to speed. With that in mind, I dont really know what you would or would not be able to see wrt the shattering.

that's what I meant, I will never see the old looks.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

that's what I meant, I will never see the old looks.

Honestly, all you'd be missing is the aesthetic. For the most part the really epic quests were never done because you went to outland so fast. The new world design actualyl makes leveling much easier because between 30-58 you aren't traipsing from one end of the world to the other in the name of questing.

Heh, my friend is excited about the shattering and is pressuring me into reactivating my account.

Don't do it. The game will get stale real fast. :thumbsup:

Heh, my friend is excited about the shattering and is pressuring me into reactivating my account.

One question. Is your friend hot? Then do it.

• 2 weeks later...

So, servers dead I assume ?

I cant wait to get home from work today.

You mean you didn't take the day off ?! Tsk.

Been playing all night (trying to reset my body clock to be more normal...) it's REALLY fun. I'm currently one of the leaders in terms of leveling on the server.