Afghanistan,

Orogun01

The drone strike is an outrage! Has anyone informed the ACLU?

It's almost like you're not even trying to make sense.

:lol:

The only time I've seen anyone else mention a drone strike aclu think is O'Reilly.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The only time I've seen anyone else mention a drone strike aclu think is O'Reilly.

Do you even know yourself what you are writing?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Do you even know yourself what you are writing?

I think you botched the word order there. That doesn't make much sense, either.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

:ermm:

Do you even know yourself; what you are writing?

Fixed it. :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Here's the real game: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...3717438530.html Pakistan is just a bit player and a Chinese proxy.

HAI OPINION PIECE!

Why did I imagine that in Tommy Wiseau's voice? "I DID NOT HIT HER, I DID NOT, IT'S BULL****, I DID NAAAAAAAAAAHT. OH, HAI OPINION PIECE!"

What has that horrid movie done to me?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Here's the real game: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...3717438530.html Pakistan is just a bit player and a Chinese proxy.

HAI OPINION PIECE!

Why did I imagine that in Tommy Wiseau's voice? "I DID NOT HIT HER, I DID NOT, IT'S BULL****, I DID NAAAAAAAAAAHT. OH, HAI OPINION PIECE!"

What has that horrid movie done to me?

Actually that's about the same tone I had in mind for that line.

Serious subject is serious! Anybody have anything but trolling to contribute?

I read the article. Interesting, although I'm not convinced about the China/Pakistan connection. It does have a point about a number of nuclear armed countries who all wants to be the next "super power" wrestling for position. I still think Pakistans actions are determined more by a desire to stay alive through all means available rather than megalomaniac ambitions. It is barely a coherent country and has more opposition internally than externally imho. India makes a good villain for Islamabad to deflect attention and pent up anger of the masses towards. When Taliban ruled Afghanistan, all the young unemployed hotheads, straight out of the Madrassas went there instead.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thing about China and India going to war with one another is the question of "what do they get from it" beyond being able to laugh while millions die due to fallout and the simple satisfaction of being able to deal with an enemy.

Both are currently overpopulated and would probably be trying to expand their territories to create room for that population. Mongolia would probably kiss it's ass good bye as it's almost inconsequential on the world stage and would get steamrolled by China, and India would probably either choose to expand via pakistan and afganistan, or down towards thailand IMO.

India's probably the main thing holding Pakistan together!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

:huh:

You realize that pakistan has a lot of internal strife about how the government should be run, and a battle between the military and other branches of the government?

You realize that pakistan has a lot of internal strife about how the government should be run, and a battle between the military and other branches of the government?

Haven't they always?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Haven't they always?

And thus they have a common enemy in India. If they loose that common enemy they fragment and possibly enter a civil war.

Cal basicaly explained it.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Haven't they always?

And thus they have a common enemy in India. If they loose that common enemy they fragment and possibly enter a civil war.

Or they just bide their time, wait for a shift, something that would give them hope of victory and they will begin all over again. They are pretty much in a stalemate and I think that they know it.

village_idiot.gif

I'm fairly certain that to a degree the stalemate is desired because if they won, as soon as they did, they'd no longer have national cohesion as the only thing that held them together (a constant threat from India) was gone.

It's like what'd happen to the tea party if all of a sudden spending dropped like a rock but 50% lost their jobs because of the other 50%.

I'm fairly certain that to a degree the stalemate is desired because if they won, as soon as they did, they'd no longer have national cohesion as the only thing that held them together (a constant threat from India) was gone.

It's like what'd happen to the tea party if all of a sudden spending dropped like a rock but 50% lost their jobs because of the other 50%.

They will find another ridiculous reason to still be Tea baggers? You think that there is any rationale to fanaticism?

If they initial objectives that led them to launch an armed revolt are not met, they will continue to rebel. Every veteran of the previous generation is now an instigator trying to push the younger into their cause, frankly I don't know how much of a perceived threat is India to these people. Even if it's a desired truce; like I said before, they are just waiting for the right excuse to go back to killing each other. India or not once the peace is gone is gone.

village_idiot.gif

Which is why the various leaderships are attempting to pull of a delicate balancing act between keeping the people frightened and unified by the outside threat, while placating foreign powers about their nuclear stockpiles, and not forcing the issue between themselves and India. That's one of the scary parts for people, is the fact they are so fractious that they can probably loose control of their nukes and we could wind up with a glowing planet instead of the current choking one we've got.

Militants attack Sufi shrine. Which is one more reason to hate the swivel eyed jif bastards. For them this is about total domination, religious, physical, you name it. What the **** have sufis ever done to anyone?

-Elwood Blues