gamescom previews

"Zieten George"? Awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm wondering if the other Onyx based game is The Wheel of Time RPG.

I doubt it. It wasn't a long time ago when someone from Obsidian said that they aren't working on the game as the Mandragon fellow was still trying to secure funds for it. And I believe Obsidian was already working on 3rd project at that point.

Knowing Mandragon's past with the license I'll believe that someone is doing something with the license when we actually get some screenshots/pictures/video of the possible games, tv series or movies.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I'm not sure what I should think about the comment on the tone of the game since I haven't played the first two.

Is the setting suited for a dark story?

Apparently DS2's expansion was rather dark, and IMO DS2 had it's moments (though more down-to-earth than dark). Edited by Oner

I guess one can expect either another ancient evil to be stomped into the ground, or another personal curse that needs to be curbed. As long as both will involve wading through seas of monsters, all's well.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm wondering if the other Onyx based game is The Wheel of Time RPG.

I doubt it. It wasn't a long time ago when someone from Obsidian said that they aren't working on the game as the Mandragon fellow was still trying to secure funds for it. And I believe Obsidian was already working on 3rd project at that point.

Knowing Mandragon's past with the license I'll believe that someone is doing something with the license when we actually get some screenshots/pictures/video of the possible games, tv series or movies.

They have the uncrowned king of Malkier, last of his blood working on the game? :)

@virumor: What if you ARE the ancient evil?

Nope, they've already done that as well

This is Dungeon Siege territory, I choose blindly and ignore the consequences.

Not in Obsidian's Dungeon Siege, baby.

By the way, any info on how exactly the teleportation system works? Is that screenshot with the floaty landmass in a sea of blue the area where you fight enemies before teleporting?

We need an answer Nathaniel! AN ANSWEEEEER!!

By the way, any info on how exactly the teleportation system works? Is that screenshot with the floaty landmass in a sea of blue the area where you fight enemies before teleporting?

The floaty landmass is part of a "world between worlds" that you use to travel long distances quickly.

It's probably just an ability with a flashy effect of slashing all the enemies on the screen in a quick succession, anime style.

9lives.be preview

Each character has three Stances: one-handed, two-handed and defense. Each stance has its advantages and disadvantages. Thus, one-handed especially useful against lone enemies, where two-handed especially good for a group to vallen.Elke stance has, besides the normal attacks, three special attacks. There are thus nine different special attacks. The system they set up on the console system to circumvent the hotkeys. PC would work with regular hotkeys, but this system was apparently not yet fully developed. All in all, the entire combat system hack & slash especially around turning, with the necessary additions such as special attacks.

Gamers.de preview

OT: Chapman's new blog post

They were most perplexed about the beardcrumbs trails, the combat system (they defined it a mix between a beat'em up and Fable O_o') and even the art style was too cartoon-y according to them.

EDIT : Oh, I forgot : not enough loot.

I wonder what they said about Diablo 3?

Anyway, from what we know about the stances, the special attacks etc., that description is a little well....

Come to think of it. The system that was explained until now. Does that just count for the guardian? I don't remember hearing anything about the magic system as of now?