Obsidian would like to work on Chrono Trigger

funcroc

If KOTOR sold 1,58 million copies it's a good result.

RtwP rpgs don't sell that much anyway, and considering it was a game with supertroubled development, churned out quickly because LucasArts was getting greedy (not that Obsidian is faultless, considering they agreed with a deadline they obviously couldn't meet, but hey, maybe they really believed they could've patched it later), if you're excluding some really big successes like Dragon Age : Origins (it had an incredibly big marketing and some huge hype behind it).

Not an overwhelmingly good result, considering we're talking about the sequel of an impressively rated game, with an already done engine and all that stuff, but a good result nonetheless, and I remember the numbers for NWN2 being quite good too, otherwise I don't really understand why Atari would fund 2 expansions + an adventure pack.

Still, it all comes down to 'I think I remember' 'if the numbers are right' etc... I can't really make good judgments without reliable sales data.

If KOTOR sold 1,58 million copies it's a good result.

RtwP rpgs don't sell that much anyway, and considering it was a game with supertroubled development, churned out quickly because LucasArts was getting greedy (not that Obsidian is faultless, considering they agreed with a deadline they obviously couldn't meet, but hey, maybe they really believed they could've patched it later), if you're excluding some really big successes like Dragon Age : Origins (it had an incredibly big marketing and some huge hype behind it).

Not an overwhelmingly good result, considering we're talking about the sequel of an impressively rated game, with an already done engine and all that stuff, but a good result nonetheless, and I remember the numbers for NWN2 being quite good too, otherwise I don't really understand why Atari would fund 2 expansions + an adventure pack.

Still, it all comes down to 'I think I remember' 'if the numbers are right' etc... I can't really make good judgments without reliable sales data.

I think the term you are looking for is

"If my memory serves..."

A high lore skill will automatically identify a magical item as it enters your inventory.

• 2 weeks later...
There is FFTA2 and a handful of weird Japanese SRPGs like Disgaea.

FFTA and FFTA2 are crap compared to FFT: War of The Lions.

Disgaea really let itself go in this last intalment and with NIS losing almost 96% of its value this current year we will see what the "exiting" stuff that they said they will to for the 4th one.

Obviously you're on top of things.

So, how about that badly animated, choice based Chrono Trigger with influenceable characters?

Do you mean Chrone Cross?

Well the opening song was good :shifty:

Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis > Final Fantasy Tactics

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together > Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis > Final Fantasy Tactis > many other things > Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

While I love this particular style of game, I got frustrated with the NIS games I played - not only do you have to level up the characters, but the spells, skills, weapons and armor? It was a bit much for me.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis > Final Fantasy Tactics

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together > Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis > Final Fantasy Tactis > many other things > Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

While I love this particular style of game, I got frustrated with the NIS games I played - not only do you have to level up the characters, but the spells, skills, weapons and armor? It was a bit much for me.

FFTA NEVER existed there is no game with that name...must not remember the soul crushing disapointment when first played it

On an handheld maybe? I'd love to see a game that focuses on the meat (tactical gameplay) instead of super shiny graphics.
Like this one? According to Famitsu, it seems that Square Enix lets the original team remake Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. The info originally came from funcroc (What a surprise! :lol:).

You can see the old characters such as Powells and Vice as well as a new character called Raveness Loscaerion (the girl with a pole weapon), a female knight who serves Duke Ronway. Likewise, there seems to be added content such as side stories and more detailed descriptions about characters' feelings and motivations. While they keep the core game system, they add new gameplay factors, too.

BTW, I couldn't but notice a new release of Wizardry...:lol: I wonder if they are going to release English version or not, though. In any case, there seem to be quite opportunities for the revival of old formats in handhelds/web-based services.

BTW, I couldn't but notice a new release of Wizardry...:blink: I wonder if they are going to release English version or not, though. In any case, there seem to be quite opportunities for the revival of old formats in handhelds/web-based services.

Wizardry has always been a beloved franchise in Japan, they've done a lot of upgraded ports of the game, a PS2 game which from what I've heard was actually quite good (and had certainly a better and cleaner art direction than the awful one of Wiz 8, though I know most won't agree with me) and there's also another title that's been developed for next-gen (though we should actually call them 'now-gen' but let's leave this semantics debate to some other topics) consoles.

BTW, I couldn't but notice a new release of Wizardry...:blink: I wonder if they are going to release English version or not, though. In any case, there seem to be quite opportunities for the revival of old formats in handhelds/web-based services.

Wizardry has always been a beloved franchise in Japan, they've done a lot of upgraded ports of the game, a PS2 game which from what I've heard was actually quite good (and had certainly a better and cleaner art direction than the awful one of Wiz 8, though I know most won't agree with me) and there's also another title that's been developed for next-gen (though we should actually call them 'now-gen' but let's leave this semantics debate to some other topics) consoles.

I liked Wizardry: Tale of a Forsaken Land "okay". Its battle system was superior to Wiz8 IMO, but it had its own sorta weird elements I didn't like.

Still I enjoy games of its type and wish more would come out (I've been slowly working through Class of Heroes for a few months off and on).

Am excited about Tactics Ogre remake, never though I'd see the day to be honest.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Obsidian and Square really need to get together making a handheld RPG or two. I'd probably even buy it if it has some anime flair (for the Japanese market).

Probably.

See how desperate I am?

I still think Obs could make great visual novels.