To obsidian Entertainment

eljefe187

I just wanted to let you know whoever is running your fallout new vegas site is costing you money. I recently posted something about there joke abut new vegas being postponed and this is what I got for an answer:Fallout: New Vegas

So, you aren't buying the game because of this, Jeff?

Stop being childish and learn to take a ****ing joke... besides, it's one sale... hardly going to affect their profits... =|.

and this also: Yes, I did enjoy my joke. And Obsidian will do too. They have a sense of humour...

Again, stop being childish. They aren't going to care... they have better things to do...

So since you don't care about your loyal customers and have better things to do I will never be buying one of you games again. I am glad whoever is running your facebook site cares about us buying your products.

Maybe you should tell us which site you're talking about, because I don't think any of us do.

Sounds like it's a fansite not an official site. Or is it a 'facebook site' - I mean, what is that? Do you mean a facebook group? OE doesn't have one, it could be anybody doing a prank.

Huh, I've never heard of this.

In any case, the quotes that you yourself use:

Stop being childish and learn to take a ****ing joke... besides, it's one sale... hardly going to affect their profits... =|.

Yes, I did enjoy my joke. And Obsidian will do too. They have a sense of humour...

I think they show very clearly that whoever's running the group has nothing to do with Obsidian or Bethesda. It sounds like just some random Fallout fan who made the group.

Well if this has nothing to do with obsidian they should really do something about it cause it is costing them money and whoever is running this page is trying to sound like it's official. But whatever if they don't care that it's costing them money, and it's not just me. So be it.

The assumption being that it's costing them money for free publicity. When it'd probably cost them more money to file a takedown order with Facebook to get that site removed.

One thing to note, most people on sites like that represent a (very vocal) minority of possible players in the fanbase. Similarly the WoW boards have like 1% of the population from the game actually posting on them or something like that.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

They're here, but they don't exactly like to be yelled at by random disgruntled customers who prefer to use threats than anything.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well if this has nothing to do with obsidian they should really do something about it cause it is costing them money and whoever is running this page is trying to sound like it's official. But whatever if they don't care that it's costing them money, and it's not just me. So be it.

Hey? They don't have any responsibility over it, and they can't stop people doing this anyway.

This is like you meeting someone in the movie theatre who likes Star Wars, and then he calls you an idiot, then you call Lucasarts and complain that they should do something about it. You haven't been insulted by any sort of official organisation or entity, just some gamer. Note that the facebrook group doesn't claim any sort of official association.

If something like that causes you not to buy the game, well, I don't know. I don't really understand that so I'm not sure how you could be convinced otherwise.

This is like you meeting someone in the movie theatre who likes Star Wars, and then he calls you an idiot, then you call Lucasarts and complain that they should do something about it. You haven't been insulted by any sort of official organisation or entity, just some gamer. Note that the facebrook group doesn't claim any sort of official association.

I think this guy has always run to home when some random guy in some random place was mean to him and told his mother about it.

If something like that causes you not to buy the game, well, I don't know. I don't really understand that so I'm not sure how you could be convinced otherwise.

He wants someone to tell him "it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I think this guy has always run to home when some random guy in some random place was mean to him and told his mother about it.

He wants someone to tell him "it

There's nothing Obsidian can do about random person #2743 making a joke. I guess you'd have a point if a developer was making that kind of joke in an official group, but that's not the case here.

Here, I'll make a joke too:

GUYS!!!! new vegas delayed because the office exploded!

LOL JOKE roflmaocopter

I guess Obsidian has to do something about this, too?

I am just telling them like it is. I am not yelling at them. All I am saying is that because of what happened on Face book they lost a customer. And since I am now just getting attacked by people that have nothing to do with the company and hid behind screen names I will leave it alone. My complaint is there if they see it or don't whatever I tried. You all have a nice day.

We're just pointing out your complaint/reason not to get the game doesn't really make any sense. Think about it.

Lots of people in the internet. Lots of jokes about the game made every day. Lots of potential customers, and also lots of people who spread misinformation. Obsidian couldn't keep track/do something about it all.

Edited by taviow

I am just telling them like it is. I am not yelling at them. All I am saying is that because of what happened on Face book they lost a customer. And since I am now just getting attacked by people that have nothing to do with the company and hid behind screen names I will leave it alone. My complaint is there if they see it or don't whatever I tried. You all have a nice day.

Obvious troll is an obvious troll.

Hate the living, love the dead.

You know, you could have just clicked the big button saying Info and seen this little part:

P.S. I do not own Fallout: New Vegas or the Fallout series, nor am I a part of Bethesda Softworks or Obsidian Entertainment. I'm just a dedicated fan of the game, the Fallout series and the two companies responsible for bringing us New Vegas.

If they lost a sale because you couldn't be bothered to check just how official the profile was before heading over here to complain then I suppose they'll just have to live with it.

Somehow, I think they can handle that just fine.

Come guys, be nice. The message may have been delivered at the wrong address, but it may still be well meant.

@eljefe187: If there had been such a thing as an official Fallout: New Vegas group, chances are that the owner of the property (Bethesda) would be running it :brows:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein