Something i need from the developers.

Ok here is your first one: there are no sniper rifles.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If we had more info on skills, we'd pretty much have everything, it seems. Who knows about weapons and how many there are, though.

That's just sad.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

That's just sad.

You don't get to carry one around or stock one in your safe house armory.. Just have to make do with an assault rifle with scope and such for any long distance potting....

But wasn't there some mention that you might have some specialized missions where you get access to a sniper rifle for specific point/s in those missions? :x

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Actually I'm pretty sure there is a sniper rifle, though it's just a one shot weapon and not something you carry on with you.

That's still pretty freaking sad.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Actually I'm pretty sure there is a sniper rifle, though it's just a one shot weapon and not something you carry on with you.

Why? Sniper rifles as a main weapon would just be silly. What kind of spy infiltrates an enemy compound running around with a giant rifle on his back? Assault rifles are pushing it, to be honest.

You really lose the feeling of being a badass sniper when you're using it like a slow-firing assault rifle at 100 yards, anyway, which is what you'd end up doing if it were a main weapon.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Why? Sniper rifles as a main weapon would just be silly. What kind of spy infiltrates an enemy compound running around with a giant rifle on his back? Assault rifles are pushing it, to be honest.

You really lose the feeling of being a badass sniper when you're using it like a slow-firing assault rifle at 100 yards, anyway, which is what you'd end up doing if it were a main weapon.

Sniper Rifle in Deus Ex.

I rest my case.

IMO, not really. Both games seem pretty similar.

Still, you can infiltrate with a sniper rifle. It makes plenty of sense: sniping tower guards and the like. The only problem is inside the sniper starts getting awkward and less useful. Really, I don't see why you couldn't have snipers in the game.

IMO, not really. Both games seem pretty similar.

Still, you can infiltrate with a sniper rifle. It makes plenty of sense: sniping tower guards and the like. The only problem is inside the sniper starts getting awkward and less useful. Really, I don't see why you couldn't have snipers in the game.

The ranges at which you'd be using it make an assault rifle a much more practical choice.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies