NHL

Gorth

Define 'much better'.

They're both Vezina candidates (though Thomas will deservedly win it).

How can you claim Boston a ****ty team? they did alright last year IN SPITE of Thomas NOT because of him. Afterall, this is a guy who lost his starting job and was considered a 'one season wodner' where everybody trashed him except me as I defended him. Now, everyone is right back on the hypociritcal Thomas bandwagon.

I know two things - Canucks don't win the President's Trophy or reach game 7 of the finals without Luongo.

P.S. What's so great about the Canucks? The Sedins and their minus 1 billion? Kesler and his overhyped weiner? Their patchwork defense put sloppily togetehr? Their totally outclassed coach? Their pathetic criminal fans whoa r eno doubt gonna riot in the streets win or lose game 7 ala '94?

HA!

Once again, mcuh eaiser to be a great goalie when you have one of the best defensemen in the league playing half the game in front of you. Why do people conviently forget Zdeno Chara? Talk about udnerrated.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

boston defense and skaters and goalie and coaches > canuck defense and skaters and goalie and coaches.

the Canucks have not won 3 games in the finals b/c of their skaters. They did so b/c of their goalie.

The Bruins have not won 3 games in the finals b/c of their goalie. they did so b/c of their skaters.

Easy to play goaltender when your skaters get up 4-0 within 10 minutes of the game's start. L0LZ

Maybe Thomas can proof he can play when the pressure is on in a tight game during game 7. then again, it's easy to play goalie when you have one of the best defensemen in the entire league.

Thread pruned a bit since people seems to have missed the first message. Just a friendly reminder that I'm feeling grumpy and trigger happy...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There's still a few seats available for tonight's game. 1200 for nosebleeds, 12000 for first row.

After watching a few games of the final, I can honestly say I'm pretty meh about who wins. Would it be nice to see the Canucks win? Sure, but most of the Vancouver fans where I live are pretty smug, and I couldn't see a Cup helping things.

Bring on the draft!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Just a friendly reminder that I'm feeling grumpy and trigger happy...

p-p-p-p-p-power trip

let us have an argument bro, it's been the same 6 people posting in this thread for the last 5 years. my teenage virgin ears are the only ones young enough to be offended by anything, and I'm fine with it. arguing is what the internet is for.

anyway,

i've gone from not caring about this series in the slightest to being pretty excited for tonight. I guess game 7s will make any series interesting. I'm not so much rooting for either team, but I think there will be ups and downs to either side winning. i.e., I would love to see Luongo fail out again and Rechi (sp?) get a cup in his last game, but i'm also kinda pulling for the sedins and all-american ryan kesler.

hopefully it'll be a good game regardless of who wins...if the bruins go foranother 6 goals i'm gonna be upset.

Edited by Krookie

Yeah, I'm with you. I didn't care about the series but the goalie drama is so fun. Thomas has been rock solid throughout and Luongo has been a yo yo. Damn near perfect at home, and looking like an amaeture on the road.

Should be a fun game 7!

Too bad I will most (most) of it due to work. -_-

CANUCKS!

Vancouver boy right here!

Boston Bruins SUCK SO BAD! DON'T MEAN TO TROLL BUT ITS TRUE!

NucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucks

NucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksN

ucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNu

cksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNuc

ksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNuck

sNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucks

NucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksN

ucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNu

cksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNuc

kNucksNucks

CANUCKS!

Vancouver boy right here!

Boston Bruins SUCK SO BAD! DON'T MEAN TO TROLL BUT ITS TRUE!

NucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucks

N

ucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksN

u

cksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNu

c

ksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNuc

k

sNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNuck

s

N

ucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksN

u

cksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNucksNu

c

kNucksNucks

scoreboard

edit: hehehe luongo put that one in his own net!

Edited by Krookie

I'm excited to see Boston win this, if they can hold on. Tim Thomas definitely took the road less traveled to become a great goalie, and it is hard not to be happy for him.

Although I guess this means the Joe Thornton trade worked out better for the B's :(

Its politics people.

Why do you think they put in Luongo even though he got 5 goals allowed?

Its a plan.

Watch the Canucks win against Boston next year in a Pittsburgh-Detroit Situation.

I'm not going outside tomorrow. In Vancouver, when you lose the finals. There is no more outside.

I have to hand it to Boston. Forty years. It was only Thomas that got them the win if anything.

Its politics people.

Why do you think they put in Luongo even though he got 5 goals allowed?

Its a plan.

Watch the Canucks win against Boston next year in a Pittsburgh-Detroit Situation.

I'm not going outside tomorrow. In Vancouver, when you lose the finals. There is no more outside.

I have to hand it to Boston. Forty years. It was only Thomas that got them the win if anything.

and the 17 goals they put up in TD garden LOL

and did you just say the stanley cup is fixed?

Edited by Krookie

Ah, excellent. Hope for some bitter Canadians tomorrow, not as nice as English, but it'll do.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Kudos to Boston. I wonder what the damage will be from the riot in Vancouver tonight?

Luongo may be the popular scapegoat for a while, but there's a bunch of forwards on that Canucks team that didn't bring it to this series. And 0 goals from the back end as well.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Grats to the Bruins. And, as mentioned above, kudos for Thomas for never giving even after getting screwed early on his career. Probably one of the best seasons + playoffs ever for a goalie.

"Luongo may be the popular scapegoat for a while, but there's a bunch of forwards on that Canucks team that didn't bring it to this series. And 0 goals from the back end as well."

This. A thousand times this. Espicially taking into consideration the 3 Canuck wins were alrgely because of Luongo 'cause even in those games the Canuck forwards/defensemen weren't exactly fantastic.

The Bruins were clearly the better tyeam. All 4 of their wins were by 3+ goals. Makes it easier for any goalie - including Thomas - to get things done.

One thing I'm happy about I get to see another year of my fellow arrogant Kanadians crying about how we can't even win the most conveted championship in 'our' sport.

R00fles!

I'm happy for Kaberle. Otherwise, meh, bring on the draft.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

i hope the devils can get back to the playoffs after ALL THESE YEARS.

but really, this was the first season I couldn't watch my team in the playoffs and it was so sad :'(

I know Kovy has a big season in him next year. 40 goals from him. 35 from soon-to-be-made captain zach parise. and elias will benefit from both and finish with 50+ points.

at least thats how I'm going to dream about it tonight.

I'm ashamed of my fellow Vancouverites tonight. Vancouver played well tonight, but Boston is just the better team, and no amount of whining about the reffing or conspiracies will change that. Seems the fans in the stands were the only civil ones in the damn city though.

Anyone who says a goalie can't win a game didn't see Thomas though. Without him it would have been a very different series.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"Anyone who says a goalie can't win a game didn't see Thomas though. Without him it would have been a very different series."

Disagree. Boston was simply the better team. Vancouver's offense and defense were anemic while Luongo was hot and cold.

That said, i agree about the pathetic Vancouver punks. Extremely disgusting and shameful. Scumbags.

"Anyone who says a goalie can't win a game didn't see Thomas though. Without him it would have been a very different series."

Disagree. Boston was simply the better team. Vancouver's offense and defense were anemic while Luongo was hot and cold.

That said, i agree about the pathetic Vancouver punks. Extremely disgusting and shameful. Scumbags.

Vancouver played awfully, but you gotta give Thomas a lot of credit. He set a record for most saves in a Cup Final. That says something.

edit: as far as rioting when you lose...it's just like having a temper tantrum. get over yourselves, you suck and you lost. cry at home.

Edited by Krookie