Infinity Ward founders canned by Activision

Apparently Jason West & Vince Zampella have been fired for 'breaches of contract and insubordination by two senior employees at Infinity Ward'

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6252657.html?...adlines;title;4

'After said meeting, the Infinity Ward heads reportedly vanished--and a group of gruff "bouncer types" suddenly appeared on Infinity Ward's campus outside Encino, Calif. The source allegedly said the men refused to say why they had shown up unannounced, leaving the developers "freaked out." '

Don't piss of Activision, or they'll send hitmen to ****ing kill you! :banghead:

post-11051-1267575929_thumb.jpg

Would be nice to see most of IW leave Activision and start up some other company.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No, they mentioned they wanted to make another IP and possibly something futuristic.

Do your reasearch, Purkake. Tsk-tsk. :banghead:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

More COD than you can handle!!

http://kotaku.com/5484026/activisions-new-...oper-new-genres

As previously announced, Activision will release a new Call of Duty game from series co-developer Treyarch, responsible for Call of Duty 3 and Call of Duty: World At War, this fall. Developer Infinity Ward is still scheduled to release two downloadable map packs for Modern Warfare 2 this year.

In 2011, Activision will release another new game in the Call of Duty series from an unspecified developer. It also announced plans for another Call of Duty-based title from developer Sledgehammer Games, the recently formed studio lead by Dead Space creative leads Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey. The Sledgehammer-helmed title will "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."

Because I'd wanted it to be a dumping ground for basically any random news that you found in your 'net travels, not just that one story.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Isn't Modern Warfare 2 like the goose that laid the billion-dollar egg? If someone made me that much money, I'd probably let them screw my dog.

I guess it's a good thing I don't own Activision. Or a dog.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm not sure who's call it was to make the adjustments of CoD:MW2 to have the PC version utilize the console variant of multiplayer. Which included no custom maps, dedicated servers, etc. I'd think it was more of Activision's call. Hopefully good things come of those guys now that they're not tied to a beast.

I like Total Conversions/Mods for PC games. It's one thing that helps build a nice solid community, especially with dedicated servers (for PC gamers, anyway). Still haven't played the game and I don't think I will.

Regardless, best of luck to those guys.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

activision1.jpg

Courtesy of the internets.

I like dis picture.

Acti-Blizz is evil... Me wants to watch it burn.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Infinity Ward made 2 games that defined this generation of consoles... but since those 2 games are like Michael Bay movies, I'm certainly not sad to se 'em go. Might be good for Jason West to do something other then shooters. Guy has really boring resume with Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (haha EA) + four Call of Duty games.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Infinity Ward made 2 games that defined this generation of consoles... but since those 2 games are like Michael Bay movies, I'm certainly not sad to se 'em go. Might be good for Jason West to do something other then shooters. Guy has really boring resume with Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (haha EA) + four Call of Duty games.

I wouldn't call it boring. MoHAA and CoD1 built up what is the current shooter genre as we know it. Standardized ironsight aiming, the pacing, and the good mix of story and gameplay that didn't include half lifes LONG LONG periods of nothingness were both born from this particular game. And the good use of music in Medal of Honor.

Don't quite know. But I'd guess they might have been shopping around ideas to other publishers

http://kotaku.com/5484046/infinity-ward-vs...ative-direction

http://kotaku.com/5483492/scandal-hits-cal...ow-%5Bupdate%5D

Probably part of the lead up:

http://kotaku.com/5080486/infinity-ward-gu...uy-super-douche

Acti-Blizz is evil... Me wants to watch it burn.

No, Blizzard is not. You are.

I'm not evils...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!