Another terrorist attack?!!!????

I woke up to a couple fighter jets flying like within 500 feet of my window.. Loud as **** doing circles over my house pretty much.

Then I turned my TV on and it was Fox News and I saw like a quarter million people fleeing a city(which I later found out to be Tampa Bay fleeing a hurricane). I hadn't felt that way since 9-11.

Which spawned a thought of man, how it sux right now in America. We have a ****ing psycho idiot(a lot of psycos, 1 huge ****ing idiot IMO anyway) in the white house. And a bunch of crazy ass terrorists trying to blow us up.

Then we have the split in our country like half the country wouldn't even mourn the other half if they got killed.

I do not fear anything. But America is not comfortable right now to me. :(

Ambrosia3.gif

I know this is going to be hard, but let's try this ... play nice, take the insults elsewhere or people will have their posting priveleges moderated. Simple math ... nothing nice or constructive to say, don't post ...

FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

You never have anything to say but negative **** do you?

nearly half of all your posts are complaints somehow or another about bush or the current administration, PoTC... be careful calling the kettle black...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Your counting taks? Like 90% or more of what I see of JNs posts are personal attacks...

Information/opinion about what our president does is constructive even if it is negative. Constructive towards knowledge gain. Personal attacks like JN does, however are not. They're just anger/spite thrown into a post. And I don't happen to be in the powerseat of the world. So if JN doesn't like my views he doesnt have to put up with them affecting the whole world in millions of ways....

You have had ample oppourtunity to debate my view on Bush. This thread however is not an attack on Bush. Just an assembly of how I felt.

fionavar if you see this go ahead and close the thread.... lol.

Ambrosia3.gif

Your counting taks?  Like 90% or more of what I see of JNs posts are personal attacks... 

Information/opinion about what our president does is constructive even if it is negative.  Constructive towards knowledge gain.  Personal attacks like JN does, however are not.  They're just anger/spite thrown into a post.  And I don't happen to be in the powerseat of the world.  So if JN doesn't like my views he doesnt have to put up with them affecting the whole world in millions of ways....

You have had ample oppourtunity to debate my view on Bush.  This thread however is not an attack on Bush.  Just an assembly of how I felt.

calling bush an idiot is NOT constructive, no matter how you spin it. it is an ad-hominem attack, precisely what you complain about with JN*. that's hypocrisy, PoTC. you "inject" your slams into nearly every post you make, regardless of the topic. it gets old and people get tired of it, kinda like you getting tired of JN*'s comments, right? i never equated his negativity with yours, either, and neither did i justify what he said. you've substituted a straw-man here. using his behavior to justify yours doesn't cut it.

taks

Your counting taks?  Like 90% or more of what I see of JNs posts are personal attacks... 

Information/opinion about what our president does is constructive even if it is negative.  Constructive towards knowledge gain.  Personal attacks like JN does, however are not.  They're just anger/spite thrown into a post.  And I don't happen to be in the powerseat of the world.  So if JN doesn't like my views he doesnt have to put up with them affecting the whole world in millions of ways....

You have had ample oppourtunity to debate my view on Bush.  This thread however is not an attack on Bush.  Just an assembly of how I felt.

calling bush an idiot is NOT constructive, no matter how you spin it. it is an ad-hominem attack, precisely what you complain about with JN*. that's hypocrisy, PoTC. you "inject" your slams into nearly every post you make, regardless of the topic. it gets old and people get tired of it, kinda like you getting tired of JN*'s comments, right? i never equated his negativity with yours, either, and neither did i justify what he said. you've substituted a straw-man here. using his behavior to justify yours doesn't cut it.

taks

Well, while it may not be constructive, it is TRUE. I mean, you just have to look at his various fuckups during his speeches to see that. He screwed up the infamous 'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me quote.' I'm paraphrasing here, as I'm not going to go digging for it, but it was something like: "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....you can't fool me again." Not to mention his latest blunder/freudian slip: "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." While I can understand some people writing his inability to pronounce multisyllabic words off as stuttering, which many very intelligent people struggle with, these blunders cannot be explained way so easily. :lol:

It doesn't matter who's president, people would still be trying to kill Americans.  You could argue that there would be less people trying to do this.... but that's it.

I agree with this, the only way to stop terrorists from seeing the US as a target, is to quit supporting corrupt regimes in exchange for our precious oil and other amenities. This is the real reason why Americans are seen as evil, not because we're 'better' than everyone else.

I agree with this, the only way to stop terrorists from seeing the US as a target, is to quit supporting corrupt regimes in exchange for our precious oil and other amenities.  This is the real reason why Americans are seen as evil, not because we're 'better' than everyone else.

Well, it's not difficult to see why so many americans choose to believe "we're better than everyone else, that's why they hate us so much" bullsh!t, when the alternative is "we steal, murder and cheat to get bnetter oil deals".. :(

Unfortunately, only one of those alternatives is true.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I agree with this, the only way to stop terrorists from seeing the US as a target, is to quit supporting corrupt regimes in exchange for our precious oil and other amenities.  This is the real reason why Americans are seen as evil, not because we're 'better' than everyone else.

I'm sure every terrorist keeps a list of gripes against America hidden in his pocket, right?

Wrong. They are fanatics. They hate us because they are told to. They hate what we stand for, and they hate the fact that we have a presence in their "holy land". The "oil and amenities" line is just an excuse they use to try to justify their actions. You think every other country in the world doesn't do the same thing we do? Of course they do. We are just more powerful, and that is why we are always in the spotlight.

Well, while it may not be constructive, it is TRUE.

BULL!

still irrelevant. again, nothing more than an ad-hominem attack. go look it up. excusing bad behavior using equally bad behavior is a ridiculous argument. and yes, this thread is NOT about debating bush, which is exactly my other point. get a clue.

I mean, you just have to look at his various fuckups during his speeches to see that.  He screwed up the infamous 'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me quote.'  I'm paraphrasing here, as I'm not going to go digging for it, but it was something like:  "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....you can't fool me again."  Not to mention his latest blunder/freudian slip:  "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."  While I can understand some people writing his inability to pronounce multisyllabic words off as stuttering, which many very intelligent people struggle with, these blunders cannot be explained way so easily.  :p

you can't even get it right and you're criticizing him??? laughable at best. nothing unusual in the name of politics... they say silly stuff all the time. how many times have you stood up and spoke in front of the nation? none? thought not. you also have multiple degrees and a high SAT test score, right? wait, you don't? sheesh...

i hate to tell you but this is patently wrong. the only way for terrorists to stop seeing us as targets is to die. period. they don't want freedom, they want theocracies in the name of allah. and, above all else, the heads of such organizations really don't even care about that. osama is nothing other than a power hungry dictator. he wants freedom gone so he can rule all. same pattern as every other dicttator that's walked the planet, uses the same means to convince his "flock" (read: clueless followers) and in the end, uses nothing more than violence to acheive his means.

taks

"I'm sure every terrorist keeps a list of gripes against America hidden in his pocket, right?

Wrong. They are fanatics. They hate us because they are told to."

lol. Partially right IMO.. But if we didn't give so much ammunition for them to be told of things that are true the 'being told' wouldn't be as effective for terrorists IMO.

"i hate to tell you but this is patently wrong. the only way for terrorists to stop seeing us as targets is to die. period. they don't want freedom, they want theocracies in the name of allah. and, above all else, the heads of such organizations really don't even care about that. osama is nothing other than a power hungry dictator. he wants freedom gone so he can rule all. same pattern as every other dicttator that's walked the planet, uses the same means to convince his "flock" (read: clueless followers) and in the end, uses nothing more than violence to acheive his means."

LMAO! Osama Bin Ladens goal is to rule all?! ROFL!!!!!! That's the funniest thing I heard all day.

But ya....... I'm sure if they have good lives and good living conditions they would be wanting to attack us :rolleyes:

You tell me to do my 'homework' when I don't even claim to know the subject(the media one). And now, I tell you to do some homework. lol.. Maybe interview a terrorist or two instead of just believing what you hear on TV...

All in all it's probably a big assembly of all those things mentioned plus some.

I'd say the biggest is USA corruption(killing/****ing them over for many years), second biggest I think is religious things. Like the crazy ass leaders over their claiming holy war, as well as Bush blowing the Christian horn all the time saying God will bring them to justice etcetc(is the USA military God now?, lol). And third I think it is envy like you seem to scapegoat out conveniently to conform to your belief that they have no logical REAL arguement. But to single out envy ad think it makes hundreds of thousands of people hate you. And others willing to kill themselves to hurt you. heh, your judgement IMO is pretty much a shallow cop out at that point.

Ya they are idiots for attacking when they could work in a different way to work things out(like we were dumbasses to attack Iraq). Their atacks give their actual arguements, which has some major bearings less credibility. And completely blinds you to it obviously..

Ambrosia3.gif

Not everything is in black & white as Cosmos suggests. The countries we protect have to do with our own interests. You probaly also don't know most of the terrorrists in Iraq aren't Iraqis they came in from other countries because our military didn't seal thier borders good enough.

If you believe bush to have less than average intelligence, Servant, then it is not an ad hominem attack. It is a statement of fact concerning the overall discussion that happens to relate specifcally to the man. There's nothing to be done about that.

If you really do believe that Bush's intelligence is literally less than average, your views are distorted.

I mean, do liberals truly believe that Bush is mentally retarded? It's a false claim on its face and it is a distraction to the folks who actually vote: the American public. Oh, wait, let's hear some of my European freinds make a comment to the effect that Americans are idiots in general. Hey, if that gets you excited and provides some good times with likeminded folks, more power to you. ...But it's not a compelling apart from the hardcore faithful.

Somewhere along the line we should concede that Bush is not, technically speaking, an idiot. There are plenty of policy reasons to oppose Bush if you're a liberal, but attacking him personally is just a distraction from your more compelling arguments.

Now, you might say he sometimes acts like an idiot. Hell, I'll agree with that. Sometimes all of us do.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

If you believe bush to have less than average intelligence, Servant, then it is not an ad hominem attack.  It is a statement of fact concerning the overall discussion that happens to relate specifcally to the man.  There's nothing to be done about that.

it is an ad-hominem attack. period. first of all, bush's intelligence is actually above average, as has been shown many times, even if servant doesn't want to believe that. second of all, simply attacking somebody in an argument, particularly using a statement that is not true, is an ad-hominem attack.

by calling bush an idiot, you're dodging any other argument that is occuring AND, insulting him without merit.

you should refresh yourself on such definitions, eldar...

oh, and PoTC... wake up and smell the garbanzos... osama wants control. he, like nearly every other islamic terrorist, wants nothing else but control. the only way to get that is to take away our freedom. his religious arguments are nothing more than an excuse to lure the masses into his rhetoric. remember, he comes from a fairly well-to-do family that was not even close to opressed. ergo, any of such arguments he makes are pretty empty, something YOU seem to be oblivious to.

taks

oh, and PoTC... wake up and smell the garbanzos... osama wants control.  he, like nearly every other islamic terrorist, wants nothing else but control.  the only way to get that is to take away our freedom.  his religious arguments are nothing more than an excuse to lure the masses into his rhetoric.  remember, he comes from a fairly well-to-do family that was not even close to opressed.  ergo, any of such arguments he makes are pretty empty, something YOU seem to be oblivious to.

I doubt Osama really cares about the freedom or liberties of Americans. What he wants is to drive all infidels out of the Middle East and create a new pan-Arabian state.

uh, that's kinda what i just said. he wants one big happy theocracy... and, beyond "driving all infidels out of the middle east", he'd prefer to kill us all if possible.

taks

uh, that's kinda what i just said.  he wants one big happy theocracy... and, beyond "driving all infidels out of the middle east", he'd prefer to kill us all if possible.

taks

IMO, that just sounds cartoonish to me. He wants enough bloodshed to castrate US and European involvement in the Muslim world. God will sort out the rest.

technically speaking, since it pertains to the man, it is ad hominem. ...But, in this case, it's not true. I like to differentiate between ad hominem attacks based on just attacking the other guy and ad hominem attacks that go to the central issue. If Bush were literally to have substandard intelligence, then it would be a pertinent point to make in the discussion. It would be ad hominem, but only in the technical sense, not in the broader use of the word as a personal attack.

Anyhow, ad hominem is Latin. I know what it means. :p

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!