What are you playing now?

Gorth

I'm having an awful time with the download right now of STALKER on Steam. Don't worry too much about spoilers, I'm sure I can still muster up my girly screams when appropriate :)

I do think it's a game I'll have to play after dark when the family is asleep already.

I've heard enough about Clear Sky to stay the hell away from it :) I'll get the first one eventually - its bargain bin material here.

Stalker is a victim of its own ambition. It wants to provide everything with a relatively small studio working on it. There is a lot of clunky stuff, but in atmosphere it can pulverize an AAA game - which is a good achievement.

Plus there's something about european studios thats quite unique in terms of visual design: Witcher, Gothic games, Drakensang, Stalker (Riddick?)... They have something US game lack.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I think Clear SKy is worth playing, it has great level design at parts, less boring dungeons(looking at you x16), interesting new gameplay like the artifact hunts and a plot that stays fairly focused until the confusing end. The only real problem with the game is the broken faction wars, but you can mostly stay out of it and play the game like SoC, maybe cherry-picking some missions, like the interesting bandit ones. I had a great time with the game, it's built very differently than SoC, but it's still an atmospheric shooter with all the weird and fascinating quirks(and some new!) of the other Stalker games.

I recommend getting a mod that redoes the Blowout mechanics though, using blowouts as a tool to force the player to finish the game quicker was idiotic.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Can someone help me with CoP? What do I have to do to advance the main quest??

There is this location I have to check for survivors and two helicopers I nave to investigate but:

1) the location of the survivors is deserted. There's a bunker with a code on the door I cant access

2) the first helicopter is behind an impassable mine field

3) the second one seems to be on an unreachable position in the Jupiter plant

I'm confused...

mkreku you old baestard I'm looking at you :)

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I've heard enough about Clear Sky to stay the hell away from it

CLear Sky is actually better than STALKER in a lot of ways. If you like STALKER gameplay its worth getting.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Can someone help me with CoP? What do I have to do to advance the main quest??

There is this location I have to check for survivors and two helicopers I nave to investigate but:

1) the location of the survivors is deserted. There's a bunker with a code on the door I cant access

2) the first helicopter is behind an impassable mine field

3) the second one seems to be on an unreachable position in the Jupiter plant

I'm confused...

mkreku you old baestard I'm looking at you :)

Uhm, I don't remember! I remember the minefield. I never quite solved HOW to get through it safely, I just jumped like a madman in the direction of the corpse that's lying in the middle of it. I figured, he must have gotten that far and died from blast, basically clearing a path for me.

Oh, and forget about the coded door for now.

The Jupiter plant.. hmm.. I know one of the helicopters was only reachable through a guide. You need to jump through an anomaly somewhere.. But I am not sure if that was the Jupiter one.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

lol you wouldnt believe it if I told you. The mini map has small round grey circles where the mines are, you can just make your way through them easily :)

Found out the other stuff.

But now the most important question of all: did you find Oasis?

I did though a walkthrough pointed me in the right direction. Its one of the coolest quests I've ever seen.

logosig2.jpg

Started to play ME1 again to get better save for ME2. Christ how boring combat feels after ME2. If I wouldn't have level 50 character for new game plus, I don't think I could force myself for full play through. Just thinking how long it took until you could actually use assault rifles efficiently with a new character just makes me shiver.

I did though a walkthrough pointed me in the right direction. Its one of the coolest quests I've ever seen.

No, I didn't. That's the only quest I found that I couldn't solve..

No, I didn't. That's the only quest I found that I couldn't solve..

I was blown away by it. Though I adore Tarkovsky's film so the atmosphere affects me more then most people.

I'll give you a hint: in the second large area of the game there is an unmarked bunker/train station that you've probably seen (it has zombies and rats in it).

720410796.jpg

Just go in, explore... you'll get it eventually.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Played a lot of AvP today. My first death wasn't by an alien... it was from being knocked out of the map by an alien... first impressions not good. Things got better as it went on. The aliens are fun enemies, they crawl all over the place and try to hide from your light, screeching if you throw a flare and then trying to flank you. When the game works its absolutely incredible... pulse rifles blazing, aliens screeching and intense movie music blaring as you get swarmed... when it isn't working you are charging down prey as an alien then suddenly latching onto a wall and awkwardly trying to disengage as your target runs away spoiling the moment.

The Marine campaign has been the most enjoyable. Early on you feel incredibly vulnerable and actually have to run like hell when things get bad. You do get an infinite ammo hand gun, and while I was initially disgusted by this, it is near worthless against the aliens and even a single alien can be a very tense battle if all you have is the pistol.

The Alien campaign is my next favorite so far. Its kind of like a brutal version of Batman Arkham Asylum where you have a room full of enemies and you have to pick them off one at a time while crawling around on the ceiling. The trouble comes during really tight interior levels where its too easy to latch on to a box, or even get through a tight doorway without latching on to the wall to the side of it.

I can't really put my finger on why the Pred wasn't as much fun as the Alien. Even with all the extra gadgets and ways of aproaching stealth I just had more fun hunting down people from the ceilings as the alien.

Haven't tried the multiplayer yet and I also haven't finished any of the campaigns yet. I'm saving the final missions of each species for tomorrow.

I feel this game could have used another couple of months to incubate, but at the same time I've also had a lot of fun with it so far. It has some truly thrilling moments. This game is more for the big fan aka uber nerd who has a stack of comics and has the lines of Aliens memorized... like me. :lol:

I finally figured out the Oasis quest! I had been attacking the quest fro the wrong angle (the end) instead of the beginning!

Also, I had missed the entrance because of the ever ongoing war outside the other entrance close by. DAMNIT.

Thanks for the tip though, RPGmasterBoo. And I hadn't realized what a lame nickname you have until I typed it out just now. :thumbsup:

Just started God of War 2 few days ago, and still trying to finnish FFVIII, the monster leveling up is hillarious in the final dungeon when Squall is lvl 50 and the rest of the party is lvl 25 :thumbsup:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Just installed the Baldur's Gate compilation and about to start playing it... Man, it's been about a decade since I actually last played BG...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

If you intend to play from BG1 to end of ToB, I hope you have stocked up food and supplies, and informed your family and friends so they wont report you missing :p

It's like the ultimate endurance test.

Well I would be playing it.. but every time I try to run it it gives me the "this game will only work in canada or usa.." and shuts down.

Hm, which is bloody strange since the BG Compilation has the pegi european rating and such...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Did you figure out the story? I think someone just did a detailed analysis on FFVIII's story.

Found it: Analysis: What really happened in Final Fantasy VIII

I playing it for the 2nd time after maybe 10 years??? So i almost forgot everything what happened, so i am playing it without any possible spoilers :p

i'll check the link as soon as i kick Ultimecia's ass :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours