Fallout 2

Just my personal take: I prefer loud, strident people who are passionate and care, even if I disagree, than people who just hum happily to themselves all day along

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Uh, no. No this is not an answer to the question I asked but a self-righteous explanation of your own philosophy about video-games. Try again.

That is the answer I am giving you, Twink. Deal with it.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Boo! More anger. plz.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Plays full of puns and d*ck jokes are just mindless entertainment.

That is one thing we do agree on. When I told that to my Shakespeare professor it really irked him. Simply modernize the English a bit and you have American television.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Plays full of puns and d*ck jokes are just mindless entertainment.

That is one thing we do agree on. When I told that to my Shakespeare professor it really irked him. Simply modernize the English a bit and you have American television.

If you reduce anything enough, it all becomes the same.

Just my personal take: I prefer loud, strident people who are passionate and care, even if I disagree, than people who just hum happily to themselves all day along

The problem is that these "passionate" people on this board confuse love for one thing with hate for another. Just like nazi's claiming they do what they do for love of their country, they actually do it because of their hate towards others.

Do you really have to hate Fallout 3 to prove how much you like the former games? It's pointless, meaningless and useless. Sure, you may not have liked Fallout 3, but continuing to harp on about it over and over and over and claim it's because of your love of Fallout.. no.

Wasteland is probably my favourite game ever. I would love to see someone upgrade it with 3D graphics and today's technology, even if the writing and story wasn't as good as the first game. The last thing I would do would be to sour down every board on the internet, proclaiming how bad everything made 10-15 years after an antiquated game I love is. I just don't get it. It only serves to annoy people who actually like Fallout 3. Nothing else. Even though the worst morons suggest saying stuff like "Fallout 3 is like AIDS hurr hurr durr" is "constructive criticism" so the developers won't make the same mistake again. Right. That should teach them!

Or to use that idiotic pizza analogy I read a while back: "Hey, chef, I ate a pizza here ten years ago, and the crust was 0.2 mm thicker last time! And the tomatoes were two degrees hotter! This is an outrage! I've never made a pizza in my life but I know what a true pizza should be like! I've read some discarded design documents and analysed it obsessively in my basement for ten years! This is pizza in name only!!".

I love that Obsidian is making Fallout: New Vegas, it's a dream coming true. The sad part of it all is how many morons this news has attracted to these boards.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The problem is that these "passionate" people on this board confuse love for one thing with hate for another.

Yes. Constant whining on message boards does not equal passion. At least the Age of Decadence guys took their love of an old game and have tried to make something similar and better, rather than just endlessly repeating the same old complaints.

I love that Obsidian is making Fallout: New Vegas, it's a dream coming true. The sad part of it all is how many morons this news has attracted to these boards.

I am in complete and total agreement.

Let's move on...

1) Criticism of Bethesda or Obsidian or Wal-Mart is all good, that doesn't mean you need to post "X sucks" every two days.

2) Sometimes mindless shouting is just as bad for conversation as trolling. This applies to everyone no matter what position they hold. Repeating "FO3 sucks arse" every single time is just as annoying and pointless as "FO3 haters suck arse". Or "Get over it / get a life", "2D > 3D", "3D > 2D", or whatever. Can you post something that accurately portrays your views without reducing people that disagree with you into one-dimensional fanatics? No? Don't post.

3) If all else fails, use the report function, cowboy.

What can change the nature of a man?

Lots of alcohol.

Alcohol is said to bring out the true nature of a man, neutering on the other hand...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Lots of alcohol.

Then I guess Wild Turkey shows that man is really a beast?

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

That is the answer I am giving you, Twink. Deal with it.

Ignoratio Elenchi. Again, it's not an answer. Not to the question I asked, at least. Repeating "rose colored lenses" time and time again after people patiently (or otherwise) explain how that is not the case does not make you correct. Try again.

The sad part of it all is how many morons this news has attracted to these boards.

Actually, the sad part is how much you let peoples' posting in a few threads within the entire forum bother you. I love Fallout and hate Fallout 3 but not through cause and effect, it's just the way the games flowed in and out of the neurons in my brain. Calling me a moron isn't going to fix anything nor is it really going to make you feel that much better about anything in the end. Many times I've stated things and brought up ideas which I'd love implemented or things which went wrong which I'd hope could be fixed...yet somehow I'm easily reduced to being a moron because you don't like the manner in which I post the other half of the time or because you don't agree with me. Besides, to think I'm actually passionately riled up about this as a real person in the real world? Sheesh, I'll leave that for the actual developers. No. No, I just find speaking my mind on subjects which interest me enough to talk about them on a message board to be entertaining.

I really enjoyed the first two Fallouts. Though perhaps because I was still young, a large part of what appealed to me was the splatter effects of the demo set in Junktown haha.

The first two are better than the most recent, but there are definitely things that I like about Fallout 3 as well. I'd love nothing more than to be able to experience Fallout 1 and 2 with the high quality 3D graphics and first person perspective that Fallout 3 provides. Walking out of the Vault in Fallout 3 and looking into the landscape (and having my eyes adjust to the light) was a big plus.

I didn't care as much for the countryside stuff, but whenever I had to go into the city I was pretty giddy. I loved the barren, blown out buildings with rebar sticking out and debris everywhere. In Oblivion I fast traveled all over the place. In Fallout 3, I hardly ever did. I just liked walking around the environment, watching the reload animations of my weapons get more elaborate as they degraded in quality and so forth.

As for Killian, the thing that most surprises me about him is that prior to playing Fallout 3, he pretty much was what TwinkieGorilla is now re: Fallout 3. I know I really got sick of all the "IT'LL BE FALLOUT IN NAME ONLY!" posts and general hate on for Fallout 3. Glad you had fun with the game Killian. I did too.

Fallout 1 and 2 are superior games IMO, but I certainly wouldn't trade away my experiences as a lonely wastelander wandering through the blown out streets of downtown Washington D.C.

As for Killian, the thing that most surprises me about him is that prior to playing Fallout 3, he pretty much was what TwinkieGorilla is now re: Fallout 3. I know I really got sick of all the "IT'LL BE FALLOUT IN NAME ONLY!" posts and general hate on for Fallout 3. Glad you had fun with the game Killian. I did too.

The road that I started on with my new philosophy on gaming started when I got a XBox 360 for Mass Effect, but it was Fallout 3 that put the final nail in my attitudes towards modern gaming.

I really enjoyed the first two Fallouts.

Hehey alanschu, did you escape from your overlords at bioware before you got the DLC stuff fixed? ;):lol: