Good Old Games holiday sale

Mikhailian

I don't recall when it started, but gog.com is running a sale until January 3rd. I picked up a copy (lol @ picked up) of Fallout 1 for $3.89 US. So far it's worked perfectly for me on xp. :(

Sale link

http://www.gog.com/en/page/xmas09

Full game catalogue

http://www.gog.com/en/search/

*ninja edit*

Edited by Mikhailian

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Considering Sanitarium, The Longest Journey and Psychonauts, all for peanuts. Sanitarium definitely, not sure about the others.

my problem with gog is that i already have most of the really good games there already, and not enough "new" old stuff is arriving. I want system shock 1 and crusader: no remorse/regret

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

my problem with gog is that i already have most of the really good games there already, and not enough "new" old stuff is arriving. I want system shock 1 and crusader: no remorse/regret

That's been my complaint as well. I still have all my old games. Hell I still have 2 drawers full of my old Amiga 500 games.

I already downloaded the free Tex Murphy package...haven't tried them yet.

Yeah, they're slow to get new stuff. But for me that's ok, since I'm often slow to play, heh.

I only get ones I either never bought myself, or where I assume/think my discs are so old they probably wouldn't work well on Win7 or possibly even XP w/out some work (I don't have/use DosBox). Which means I'd love Tombraider 1 & 2...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How about just a brand new crusader? I'd buy the heck outa that.

...and a hi-rez redo of starcon 2... :(

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

I want system shock 1 and crusader: no remorse/regret

EA simply shows no interest in getting their old titles on any download service for some reason. I would have thought that there was a decent market for old Ultimas/ Wing Commanders/ System Shocks/ Dungeon Keepers etc which could be exploited with minimal effort but EA seems to like pretending that they never made anything prior to 2005, let alone 2000.

Edit: Scratch that thought. I guess it's still technically illegal for the most part, even if rarely legally disputed, so...never mind, don't want encourage it here.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't recall when it started, but gog.com is running a sale until January 3rd. I picked up a copy (lol @ picked up) of Fallout 1 for $3.89 US. So far it's worked perfectly for me on xp. :(

Sale link

http://www.gog.com/en/page/xmas09

Full game catalogue

http://www.gog.com/en/search/

*ninja edit*

Considering about half of those games are already on my GOG wishlist, this is epic. Glad I didn't buy them earlier.

Considering Sanitarium, The Longest Journey and Psychonauts, all for peanuts. Sanitarium definitely, not sure about the others.

Buy them all. I'm about to buy Sanitarium, but having already bought TLJ and Psychonauts I can guarantee they are worth it.

I want some really old stuff, like a grand old Lucasarts / Sierra adventure games pack from the 80's.

There *are* some of the old LA Adventure games on... er Steam.

I HAD to buy The Dig.. just because the music in that is SO SO good...

Edited by Jaesun

Buy them all. I'm about to buy Sanitarium, but having already bought TLJ and Psychonauts I can guarantee they are worth it.

Yeah, I bought them all just now. Although I *think* TLJ is the one that I've already played? Is TLJ the sequel or the original? :(

There *are* some of the old LA Adventure games on... er Steam.

Ah. Pity, I hate Steam. I'll just have to wait.

The sequel is absolutely amazing, though I'm not sure how you'd feel if you already played the first one. The gameplay was obviously nothing interesting, but at leasdt it didn't get in the way of the game, which was beautiful, had a great story and all. The ending was rubbish, of course, but that's really a different problem, i.e. Tornquist won't finish the bloody trilogy and would rather make a MMO.

Good to see I got the right one, I'm downloading Sanitarium first but TLJ should be glorious.

It's not GOG's fault that Lucas and EA don't want to put them there or want to make more money. And i still have plenty old games but i still bought GOG edition because of the support they offer for them.

1.13 killed off Ja2.