Ask me about Communism.

lord of flies

You're being obtuse again.

Managers may tailor a job to the individual. If a person's likely to do the job better than another person, then the company might offer more money, but it's still the JOB that dictates the pay, not the person's actual worth. You don't get paid more because you're worth more, you get paid more because doing the JOB better is worth more.

This is really the point: if you're stuck in a job where you feel you're not being paid "what you're worth", that's because the management don't give a crap whether you do it poorly or well - common scenarios would be manual labour, i.e Post Office; McDonalds; Cleaning.

Edited by Moose

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

It's difficult to tell when you're taking the piss and when you're serious, because your tone barely changes. It becomes perhaps ever so slightly facetious.

I know. It is my fatal flaw. I am very much like that in real life. It infuriates some of my friends at times but it keeps them on their toes, especially when gaming.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Job payment is based upon supply and demand, rather than the value of the labor. For example, suppose that you are constructing a building which will be worth X amount of dollars, and the addition of one construction worker to the current team would increase the value of the project by 10%. Does the construction worker get 10% of the value of the final project, or anything approaching that or based upon that figure in any way? No, of course not. He gets minimum wage, because many people can be construction workers.

The low supply base of intellectual labor is the sole reason for its apparent value; if there were far more people capable of doing actuarial science than there were jobs for it, they would get paid peanuts.

Obviously, there is an upper limit: businesses are not willing to pay more than the labor's actual value for it. Thus, they always extract surplus labor, and must be destroyed in order to redistribute wealth to its rightful owners.

Wealth is for those who owns it LoF, either by hard work, by being smart, or being an heir to one who was. Redistributing wealth is just political correct talk for theft.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Redistributing wealth is just political correct talk for theft.

So you're against universal healthcare? Work for the dole? Public education? Public lawyers? Innumerable other examples of good works produced by the government for the people which would be considered redistribution of wealth?

Wealth is for those who owns it LoF, either by hard work, by being smart, or being an heir to one who was. Redistributing wealth is just political correct talk for theft.

This. If the government can seize everything I have, why do I have any motivation to do anything? Even in America, people just sit at home, have kids, and collect welfare. Imagine how much worse it is in Communism.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Even in America, people just sit at home, have kids, and collect welfare.

Americans have less welfare than other Western countries yet sit on their arse at home all day more often. Something tells me it's mindset and attitude rather than access to welfare that's at the heart of that issue.

So you're against universal healthcare? Work for the dole? Public education? Public lawyers? Innumerable other examples of good works produced by the government for the people which would be considered redistribution of wealth?

If all I need to do is sit at home and have the government pay for it all then what is the point of me doing anything for myself? Those who are in need of help should be given a hand up not a blank check hand out.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

You're mixing a lot of things there. UHC doesn't share its raison d' Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

This. If the government can seize everything I have, why do I have any motivation to do anything? Even in America, people just sit at home, have kids, and collect welfare. Imagine how much worse it is in Communism.

Yeah, I know. I mean, the Soviets had nobody educated, because everyone knew their money would disappear, so they constantly lagged far behind the United States in the space race... oh wait, they kept up despite a smaller economy.

Wealth is for those who owns it LoF, either by hard work, by being smart, or being an heir to one who was.
Generational wealth is literally the Worst Thing.
Nope!

LoF, we aren't talking about Soviets but Americans. If Americans were under such system that is what would happen. I see it everyday on those who are on welfare living in my area.

Equalizing for parental and generational responsibility is essentially impossible, at least its the most monsterous task of any government or society. It's tempting to call it complete fantasy. Generational wealth represents the responsibility of forefathers to future generations, discouraging this is the same as encouraging irresponsibilty. Poverty and overpopulation are argueably the result of the portion of the population that will not recognize and adopt these responsibilities, let alone be self accountable.

I guess my question is worst thing for what?

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

Yeah, I know. I mean, the Soviets had nobody educated, because everyone knew their money would disappear, so they constantly lagged far behind the United States in the space race... oh wait, they kept up despite a smaller economy.

Whoops, I forgot, the Soviets didn't kill up those who didn't support whatever the government told them to do.

Wealth is for those who owns it LoF, either by hard work, by being smart, or being an heir to one who was.

No. Hell no. I'm an inheritor; my grandfather left me an obscene sum, and my grandmother will leave me even more. That doesn't make me any less motivated to contribute; if anything, it makes me more motivated, because I feel obligated to increase the family fortune. Why is that bad?

Nope!

Yes. Its money being taken from its rightful owner. That's theft, whether the government's doing it or not.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Yes. Its money being taken from its rightful owner. That's theft, whether the government's doing it or not.

No, it's part of a social contract: you want society's protections and benefits, you contribute in the form of taxes. You don't, you go live by yourself in the hills or move to a lawless country or something.

Nope!

Nope!

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot