Ask me about Communism.

lord of flies

I have seen people stiff welfare and milk the system while having cellphones, expensive cars, and what not. Nothing irks me more than seeing someone trying to buy food with foodstamps while yapping away on an expensive cellphone. Its called priorities.
It's called labor aristocracy, actually. The poor people who subsist on government subsidies while enjoying the lush benefits of imperialism is how the government keeps the poor in line. If they're chatting on their cell phones or watching their reality television, they aren't thinking, they aren't acting, and they aren't stopping the government from doing whatever it wants.

Do you think that if their income was dedicated to barely covering food and rent, they would not do what generations of American workers did: strike, riot, demand their fair share? Do you think that finance capital isn't willing to grant some tiny fragment of their income to keep that from happening?

Me? I never troll. I may act like an ogre or hobgoblin once in a while but never troll.

Wait, don't you remember that time you werea troll pole-dancer? I certainly can't forget it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have seen people stiff welfare and milk the system while having cellphones, expensive cars, and what not. Nothing irks me more than seeing someone trying to buy food with foodstamps while yapping away on an expensive cellphone. Its called priorities.
It's called labor aristocracy, actually. The poor people who subsist on government subsidies while enjoying the lush benefits of imperialism is how the government keeps the poor in line. If they're chatting on their cell phones or watching their reality television, they aren't thinking, they aren't acting, and they aren't stopping the government from doing whatever it wants.

Do you think that if their income was dedicated to barely covering food and rent, they would not do what generations of American workers did: strike, riot, demand their fair share? Do you think that finance capital isn't willing to grant some tiny fragment of their income to keep that from happening?

The only fair share a person is entitled to is what that person earns through hard work and by making intelligent decisions which by right inheritance his or her children and their children's children should reap the benefit there of. No more and no less.

It should not be taken over by the state.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I always find it fascinating how people react to having been poor. Sand here wants to force everyone else to go his way and get locked into a cycle of grinding work to survive. We were dirt poor when I was a kid - I mean proper eating scavenged fruit and donations in a freezing cottage (one reason I'm stumpy-legged) - and I want to make sure people don't have to do that.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't want people to be poor. I just want people to get what they earn, what they deserve, without the need of the state giving it to them. Last thing I want to live in is a fraking nanny state.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

What you simply want is that people should not feel entitled to a social safetynet. Instead, they should be grateful for it, and do their best not to be dependent on it.

What you want is to change is the common attitude towards the social services.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just want people to get what they earn, what they deserve, without the need of the state giving it to them.
Um, hello? This is the real world with real people we're talking about. Wake up and smell the coffee.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

What you simply want is that people should not feel entitled to a social safetynet. Instead, they should be grateful for it, and do their best not to be dependent on it.

What you want is to change is the common attitude towards the social services.

Someone gets what I am saying!

People don't earn what they deserve, they earn what they're payed.

People do earn what they deserve. If you earn nothing then you deserve nothing.

You're implying that in our society no one at all is underpaid and overworked?

You're pretty thick.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

We live in a free society. If you think you are not getting paid enough for your work then lo and behold you are free to find a different employer. That is what I do and I am no one special. If I can do it I don't see how anyone else can't. If you hate your job, quit and find a new one. If your boss isn't paying what you think you deserve ask for a raise and if denied quit and find a job you think would be worth your effort and time. It is not that hard to figure out.

You neglect the fact that other people are different than you and so have different situations. This means that that is not an option for some people.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Gentlemen, it's already been established at great cost in splintered keyboards that Sand doesn't accept second or third order dynamics. He knows it. We know it.

It's therefore utterly pointless trying to explain a second or third order reason for people being poor. Since it defies one of his basic assumptions. You can't argue with it.

-Elwood Blues

Next time you see a handicapped person or a retired person, remember to kick them in the face. They are not as able as you and I to contribute to society so they probably deserve it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

People, jobs don't pay what the person is worth - they pay what the JOB is worth. If all you do is answer telephone calls then no, you're not going to be paid as much as someone that designs cathedral scale architecture.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

People, jobs don't pay what the person is worth - they pay what the JOB is worth. If all you do is answer telephone calls then no, you're not going to be paid as much as someone that designs cathedral scale architecture.

It's actually both, if you'd both to put two second's thought into the matter.

And often it's not even what the job is worth so much as demand. Truck drivers for mining companies in Australia earn around $80,000 a year, and so do the cleaners for such companies. Why? Because Australia, especially the mining states, have a severe skills shortage.

And often it's not even what the job is worth so much as demand.

*Groan*. What something is worth is dependant on demand, these are not seperate qualities. You could have the original holy grail sitting on your coffee table, it wouldn't be worth a penny if nobody in the world wanted it. I can't believe I'm having to explain this, it's downright trivial.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Oh, come on now. We are just having a lil' bit of fun and then you come along and ruin it.

What reads like 'just having a bit of fun' to you, reads like trolling and generally being a douchebag to others.

Sometimes I like to argue for the sake of arguing, so I take the devil's side in order to propagate the argument. Arguing is fun.

And often it's not even what the job is worth so much as demand.

*Groan*. What something is worth is dependant on demand, these are not seperate qualities. You could have the original holy grail sitting on your coffee table, it wouldn't be worth a penny if nobody in the world wanted it. I can't believe I'm having to explain this, it's downright trivial.

You're just being moronic: when hiring, managers very very often consider how much the person is worth - it's all still part of free market dynamics (mostly because the person who is worth more is more desirable for that job, and the person knows that and can bargain with it). So your assertion that "jobs don't pay what the person is worth" is stupid, and is evident in the fact that people with degrees doing the same job as people without earn more, likewise for the gap between people with a bachelor and people with honours/masters/Ph.D.

Now I expect you to try and bugger around with semantics (such as implying worth is an aspect of demand) and make us forget the fact that you matter-of-factly stated "jobs don't pay what a person is worth".

Am I implying McDonald's pays what a person is worth? No, because the McDonald's labour market is saturated. But jobs markets for professionals are another matter entirely.

Edited by Krezack

Oh, come on now. We are just having a lil' bit of fun and then you come along and ruin it.

What reads like 'just having a bit of fun' to you, reads like trolling and generally being a douchebag to others.

Sometimes I like to argue for the sake of arguing, so I take the devil's side in order to propagate the argument. Arguing is fun.

It's difficult to tell when you're taking the piss and when you're serious, because your tone barely changes. It becomes perhaps ever so slightly facetious.