A Force More Powerful

I like my blood, gore, and head exploding violence. It allows me to do things I wouldn't do in real life. If I do the non-violent thing in my gaming it would mean I would have to do the violent things in real life. People kind of frown on that for some odd reason.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

This seems a bit more like a Sim/teaching tool than a general population game, if that makes sense. Sounds kinda interesting, but not very entertaining.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'd like to see you pull this 'non-violent strategy' on a swarm of ZERGLINGS!

yeah for sure. nonviolence is great when fighting humans, but seriously, we all know that war is really just the training for the battle that actually matters. the battle against the zerg/protoss/combine/yautja/ dinosaurs/zombies/orcs/robots

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

No. Games are made as outlets through which to vent your frustration by KILLING THINGS.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Yes, we all know games like pong were so popular. All the graphic violence.

Edited by awsomeness

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

It seems to me that it was more about getting hit, than hitting things. Wouldn't a natural progression be more suicide games?

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

• 2 weeks later...
No. Games are made as outlets through which to vent your frustration by KILLING THINGS.
I'm imagining you getting home from school just after getting an F on your English assignment, and sitting down to play a game of Doom with the flying heads' textures replaced with those of Ms. Badcrumble. All the while, screaming in furious anger until you hit one, whereupon your anger suddenly subsides.

"Venting" does not work, has been proven not to work, and is a nonsensical explanation for why people play video games. You play video games because they are fun and occupy your attention for at least a few minutes.

"Venting" does not work
Too bad it does.

has been proven not to work
I've yet to be asked or tested by someone, so I spit on your "proof" sir.

Oh, it's true. There's an episode of Penn and Teller all about it.

As much as I do love Penn and Teller they generally pick the most idiotic people to represent the side of the argument that they disagree with in order to get their side to sound better. I love their show but it is hardly impartial research.

• 1 month later...

If anybody else bought this game, could you help me out? I can't figure out how to beat the first mission on Very Easy. I can't seem to get people less afraid of the government or to view the government as illegitimate (more than there are right now). I keep pulling rallies with my superchick leader, but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect.