Fallout

TwinkieGorilla

I agree that the 3rd person POV is pretty much horrid; the animations especially are really bad.

But as long as the game is playable in first person, which it is, the lack of a quality 3rd person doesn't really bother me.

Sure, I'd rather have a great 3rd person pov than a terrible one, but there are other things I'd rather see changed/fixed first.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

edit: doube post. sry. :lol:

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

So is anybody going to answer my question?

TBH Pop, I've lost track of many of the mods I'm running. I do currently play with MMM, and like most of it quite a bit. The 'survival of the fittest' ai mod built into it is quite nice, as are the increased spawns, as are the greater variety in the looks of raiders. On the flipside I can't stand the corpseflies as they eat up so much frame rate, and I think the super mutant gargantuan (or whatever it's called) is a bit rediculous for numerous reasons. I used the Enhanced Weather mod for a while, but eventually dropped it in favor of better performance. If I had better specs I'd likely still be running it. Earlier on, I was using the Classic Fallout Weapon Mod, but it doesn't get along with the later patches at all. Also a fair number of the items in it were shoddy at best, although I do miss seeing people armed with pipe rifles :lol: . I also recently tried a mod that added in an complicated ammo crafting system, but it was a bit too complicated and it also threw all the market prices for ammo completely out of reason. I'm all for realism, but 50 caps for a small bullet is just too $%^& much.

Currently I'm running the classic fallout apa mod, the classic combat shotgun mod, a nice semi classic plasma weapon mod (real top tier work), a classic fallout soundtrack radiostation mod, 14mm automatic mod, a big S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapon compilation mod (good overall variety and most of them don't cause the game to crash), the global transport system mod, a number of companion mods, the raider companion being my favorite. Also an HQ to keep everything and everyone. I'm running mods that add things like piercings, more piecemeal armor to the game, and replace the stock bodies so I can get mah doodz an' chickas looking a little more swarmy and rough. I've done many small tweaks to basic things myself. My 'vault dweller' is now a tall, salt n' peppered old man with one eye who deliberately blows through missions that have anything to do with Qui-Gon Jinn. I'm sorry, but I can stand neither the forced and shallow relationship between father and brat, nor the equally forced and shallow bible themed altruism that take center stage in this game. It really doesn't belong in Fallout, and reeks of bad Hollywood drama (ending unrelated rant).

I've probably forgotten many things but this is already getting wall-of-textish.

(edit) I also forgot about the bullet time mod, and some major universal ammo mod that I'm sadly forgetting the name of right now.

Edited by Mikhailian

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

+1 for a sprint feature, when I was playing Fallout 3 I found a sprint mod that used your AP to give you a short speed boost, complete with slight motion blurring around the edges and perks to improve performance, it absolutely adds a ton of adrenalin to battles. :lol:

Just remembered the ammo mod is called CALIBR. I've used it to tweak a few weapons, such as a desert eagle that was part of the stalker mod. Boosted it's damage and durability, gave it knock down affect, dropped it's clip cap, and changed it's ammo from .44 magnum to the rarer and more expensive .50 AE. Now I have a DE .50 cal. :(

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Wanderer's Edition actually contains all those mods and it actually works surprisingly well and fundamentally changes the way you play Fallout 3 (for the better in my estimation, but it's definitely a matter of taste) pistols become useful, shotgun shells become precious resources, most of the skills become more useful and you can't specialize in more than a few, you're no longer invincible (you have to run and use tactics with most of the battles, and the dart gun becomes 1000x more useful), healing becomes tougher (there's an optional "triage" mod that requires you to have surgical tubing in order to apply stims to limbs), sprint and slo-mo add some tactical elements, and there's even a bit of variety added in PC backgrounds (I'm playing as a ghoul, which means feral ghouls are neutral to me and environmental radiation slowly heals me and reduces my rad count drastically, but there are other backgrounds that change up where you start, your equipment, modifiers to your skills, etc.) that really add something to the game up until the point at which you start the main questline and all of a sudden you're from the Vault (F3 being what it is, however, you can delay that for a long, long time)

It's actually one of the more successful full-game conversions I've played. I'm wondering if Sawyer has played it, since it seems like it'd be up his alley. There are some balance issues, but nothing particularly egregious.

Edited by Pop

Everything sounds good except for the slo mo thing.. and.. btw.. Don't ya think guys its better if you open your pip boy in real time.. enemies are still shooting at ya while your checking it( Just to fell the game to be a bit more realistic and "IN REAL TIME")... and..

Pressing O(or..B I think for the 360) would open another hot-key area dedicated for Equipments and Items

Ex: Press up and you'll equip your Shotgun while O + up would let you heal damage.. or vise versa.. ^_^

Wanderer's Edition actually contains all those mods and it actually works surprisingly well and fundamentally changes the way you play Fallout 3 (for the better in my estimation, but it's definitely a matter of taste) pistols become useful, shotgun shells become precious resources, most of the skills become more useful and you can't specialize in more than a few, you're no longer invincible (you have to run and use tactics with most of the battles, and the dart gun becomes 1000x more useful), healing becomes tougher (there's an optional "triage" mod that requires you to have surgical tubing in order to apply stims to limbs), sprint and slo-mo add some tactical elements, and there's even a bit of variety added in PC backgrounds (I'm playing as a ghoul, which means feral ghouls are neutral to me and environmental radiation slowly heals me and reduces my rad count drastically, but there are other backgrounds that change up where you start, your equipment, modifiers to your skills, etc.) that really add something to the game up until the point at which you start the main questline and all of a sudden you're from the Vault (F3 being what it is, however, you can delay that for a long, long time)

It's actually one of the more successful full-game conversions I've played. I'm wondering if Sawyer has played it, since it seems like it'd be up his alley. There are some balance issues, but nothing particularly egregious.

That actually sounds pretty awesome. I've pretty much used all of those mods individually at some point, the original alternate start rp being one of my favorites until it started causing problems after 1.5.

I checked out the mod description over at nexus and I couldn't find what it was actually using the CALIBR mod for, care to shine a light?

Would it be impossible to mod the whole main quest thing out of the game? Just take all the interesting parts and kind of strip them of the main quest stuff, like references to your daddy or Vault 13? That would make the game so much better.

The alternate start mod has an option to remove the main quest, and I believe several references to it, but there are still parts that couldn't be lopped off. Requires source code, or hard coded in the esm, something like that.

I checked out the mod description over at nexus and I couldn't find what it was actually using the CALIBR mod for, care to shine a light?

I was wondering about that as well... I've yet to run across a schematic for ammo. Does the CALIBR mod add weight to ammo?

I was wondering about that as well... I've yet to run across a schematic for ammo. Does the CALIBR mod add weight to ammo?

Nope, and I'm pretty sure every mod that's attempted to do so hasn't been able to completely. I don't know if it's the engine not registering smaller incremental weights, something with the way ammo itself is handled, or the ammo weight not updating to the pipboy's carryweight display, but none of them work right.

Seems to work pretty well in FWE! It goes to 100ths of a pound.

Huh... well, it is one of the one's that I never tried. I'll hafta give it a shot on next playthrough

So where's the trailer?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"