Monte's Dragon Age Thread

Monte Carlo

I finished the game with my level 22 human noble warrior.

I find Zevran severely underwhelming. At least Alistair has some entertaining trash talk with the PC.

Random encounters everytime you travel across the map are really nerve-grating. Especially Denerim... each time I travel across the map there's 20 guys waiting for me. I feel as if I've depopulated the city already.

I don't suppose you've pickpocketed a cursed item from someone?

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

http://social.bioware.com/playerprofile.ph...splay=character

me?

this is like weirdo twilight zone stuff where my character is on the internet...

you know, like all those TZ episodes about the internet...

wait...

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Ring of +1% XP. 180 xp for a boss... +1,8 xp... Am I missing something or did Bio really not think this through?

lol yeah, it seemed a bit underwhelming.... the boots are cool though... i think

both of those were the amazon preorder items (a preorder on amazon that only cost 36$ i might add)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

And for the other slide... Dragon Age might infiltrate the pen and paper section soon... Bioware have got Green Ronin producing the pen and paper rpg version apparently... So not only did they avoid any D&D licensing issues for the game, now they're pushing into D&D's traditional zone..

And so it spreads...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I don't suppose you've pickpocketed a cursed item from someone?

Which item would that be? I pickpocketed a few people but didn't notice any strange items in my inventory..

A cursed charm will increase the chances of an ambush in the city. There's also the 'lucky' boots and the Thorn of the Dead God.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

+loading?

I am in the Deep Roads now, the last of the allies I need to gather before finishing up sidequests, then I assume I just

call the landsmeet, and the game enters the relatively linear 'deal with Loghain, go to war' stages

. Level 15/16, carrying Oghren, Zevran and Morrigan. Lots of darkspawn here and it looks like I was right to leave this place till last - I think an 'optimal' route for the next playthrough could be the Brescilian Forest (lots and lots of loot), Redcliffe (not too hard other than one night battle), Circle of Magi, then Orzammar.

Still on Hard and still having allies drop dead every 2-3 battles, I think a 'don't stay still but stay within 5m of selected character' option would be nice, or the likes of Oghren just charge everywhere. I'm not even using half of the tactical options available to me yet, I wonder if it's just me or it's not easy to find many of the crafting ingredients, so tarps / poisons / etc don't get much use. I'm just discovering Force Field (should have got it much earlier), and blood magic seems quite useful, if dangerous.

Some terrible 'generic rock' textures abound in the deep roads, but the dwarven architecture itself is very nice to look at.