Warhammer 40k: Space Marines

Oner

has there ever been a good animated straight to dvd movie?

the mech in district 9 looked like a skinny junked up dreadnought in my opinion. i guess it was more limber than the space marine style of dreadnought but either way, the animation was fantastic and would look good in a warhammer movie. plus if it was made on a similar budget as district 9 then I cant imagine it losing money.

suck it purkake!

(jk bout suck it)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Personally I'd go for a Guard movie with cameos by the other types (like during a pitched battle you see a team of marines just blitz through the battlefield and stomp all over a guard platoon that gets in the way or something).

As for 40k backround, wiki has quite a bit, but another good place to go is the Relicnews forums and check their 'backstory and fluff' section for 40k, they have a list of threads that are useful to specific topics of discussion and you can learn quite a bit from there.

As to 40k books, Dan Abnett's stuff, Grey Knights, and Ultra Marines are the best IMO. Soul Drinkers looks at the imperium ans an enemy but still loves the god emperor. Abnetts stuff is about regular people (for the most part) and how society works, Grey knights is all about heresy, and Ultra Marines gives you the basic understanding of Marines and how they operate.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Half the animes that's titles end as OVA.

whoah now, i wasnt talking anime, of course theres a ton of good anime :thumbsup:

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Half the animes that's titles end as OVA.

whoah now, i wasnt talking anime, of course theres a ton of good anime :)

There must be some good movies too. Somewhere. :lol:

ive never seen one, the marvel ones blow chunks, the hellboy ones were bad too, i've never seen a (non-anime) animated straight to dvd movie that wasnt balls

which is why i asked if anyone could think of one :lol:

• 9 months later...

I'm just wondering why they'd call it "Space Marines", such a generic name.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm just wondering why they'd call it "Space Marines"

Because, like, it's about marines. In space.

It's easier to remember than 'Adeptus Astartes'.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm totally not interested in this game. Some fanatical Nazis in power suits shouting some hate speech is not my idea of fun. Never liked WH40K anyways.

But they fight even worse dudes who themselves are fighting eldritch abominations from another world, cut them some slack :p

Plus you shoot guns that fire little goblins at your enemies... through hell.

Don't ask me how that's supposed to work

I'm just wondering why they'd call it "Space Marines"

Because, like, it's about marines. In space.

It's easier to remember than 'Adeptus Astartes'.

Can you even begin to imagine the misspellings that would generate on an 'average' gaming board? My eyes bleed at the thought... *shiver*

Best wishes,

The rouge from dues ex

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What can change the attributes of a gun?

Belief.

What about regret, love, revenge or fear?

In Warhammer, fear change you!

...Wait, that ain't right..

What can change the attributes of a gun?

Belief.

What about regret, love, revenge or fear?

Only faith in Him on Earth and the proper care and litanies to appease the machine spirits of your Bolt Gun will ensure proper dispension of The Emperors justice...

While vile mutants still draw breath, there can be no peace. While obscene heretics' hearts still beat, there can be no respite. While faithless traitors still live, there can be no forgiveness.

(from 'The Catechism of Hate')

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm totally not interested in this game. Some fanatical Nazis in power suits shouting some hate speech is not my idea of fun. Never liked WH40K anyways.

Eh Nazis ? But I guess the appeal is getting a gun that shoots rockets, or a jetpack and wielding a chainsaw as a sword. This line is amusing to me - "Relic producer Raphael Van Lierop said that Warhammer's Space Marines aren't the kinds of soldiers who hide behind rocks -- they charge ahead with everything they've got."

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So is it like Planescape's consensus reality or does everything just work by believing in it?
Like Planescape, but stuff contradicts each other either way. Orks have the knowledge how to build weapons in their genes but those guns apparently don't work if used by non-orks. The orks are supposed to be bio weapons against the necrons, so giving them the knowledge to build not working equipment.. :nuke: