Starwars games wishes

4ZNSPARTAN

the chat gem is working as intended eh?

edit: i want a proper remake of tie-fighter.

i want a new dark forces game. a prequel. i want to be mercenary kyle katarn again, not a jedi.

i want most of all: a tactical realtime or (even better) real time with pause strategy game ala homeworld where all your units are mother****ing spaceships like tie fighters and star destroyers and corellian corvettes and calamari cruisers and those frigates etc

basically, i want homeworld 3. and i want it set in the star wars universe. and i want a pause feature so i can take my time manipulating my squads.

and i want it NOW.

also, i want the next Total War game to be "Star Wars: Total War". oh god i just peed myself.

It's called "Star Wars: Empire at War, and the Forces of Corruption Expansion.

<bg>

Edited by kingofsquid

Okay,if you where told that you get to pick what features will be in an upcoming classified starwars game what would you think will entertain gamers?

For me I would kinda like a jedi,sith free zone.For once I would like to see a game where clones get to battle it out without getting sliced n' diced by lightsaber users.Features such as:being able to custamize your character like change their colour,helmet and armor.I would also like to see vehicle usage and, XTREMELY good graphics and the classic,switching from land to space without loading.Oh and I would also like it to be fully First Person Shooter,not because I have any thing against Third Person Shooters,it's just that I actually like being in the eyes of the person and not a camara following it.Comment as you wish but please not rudely

Sounds like Battlefront 3 before it was cancelled.

It's cancelled?I was told it was just taken over by Rebellion. :lol:

Without a doubt, a proper, single-player KOTOR 3 would be the Star Wars game I would wish for. A distant second would be another game in the Jedi Academy series (like somebody already mentioned, a proper Jedi Academy 3). I am not really interested in seeing any other game in the Star Wars setting, though I could be persuaded by other single-player RPGs, single-player shooters and possibly even by strategy games if they promised high quality storylines and gameplay. I am not interested in playing any online games, regardless of whether they are Star Wars or something else.

<bg>

I've never heard anyone say that those games are as good as homeworld. i've never even heard them be compared to homeworld.

i was always under the impression those star wars games were like crap starcraft knockoffs. have i been missing out?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

elaborate!!

i demand information!

:)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

<bg>

I've never heard anyone say that those games are as good as homeworld. i've never even heard them be compared to homeworld.

i was always under the impression those star wars games were like crap starcraft knockoffs. have i been missing out?

No you haven't. They are nothing like Homeworld and probably shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

EaW has a really simplistic strategy mode(think Total War, but super simple and in space) and really simplistic space/ground battles that are more like skirmishes. You move your units into place on the strategic map and then fight real time battles in the tactical mode. It's just another mediocre(at best) game with the Star Wars name put on it somewhere along the way.

There's a demo if you're really really interested.

Edited by Purkake

ah, thats more in line with what i'd been hearing. also, i dont think the metacritic score would be 79 if the game was on par with either homeworld OR a Total War game.

A proper turn based strategy game for galaxy scale. Could have real time tactical combat or not. I don't care as long as it has a pause.

A new Holland flight sim. Failing that, a re-make of TIE Fighter.

New Dark Forces/Jedi Knight game. It'd have to have a good engine, though. I was unimpressed by that Quake 3 stuff. Pretty enough, but bad gameplay.

Of course, KotOR 3. A singleplayer RPG set on some other era might be good enough consolation.

SODOFF Steam group.

A proper turn based strategy game for galaxy scale. Could have real time tactical combat or not. I don't care as long as it has a pause.

A new Holland flight sim. Failing that, a re-make of TIE Fighter.

New Dark Forces/Jedi Knight game. It'd have to have a good engine, though. I was unimpressed by that Quake 3 stuff. Pretty enough, but bad gameplay.

Of course, KotOR 3. A singleplayer RPG set on some other era might be good enough consolation.

Again, this is Empire at War.

We've been over this. You're the only one who likes EaW.

Now that isn't fair, i really enjoy Empire at War. The vanilla game is fun and with the inclusions of the many mods the game has lasting appeal.

Now i will say that the Homeworld series is quite different, and it serves a different purpose. You cannot really compare the two they both play too differently even though they are both RTS games. Personally I mainly play homeworld for their campaigns i love the gameplay and development, Empire at war I find personally fun for the galactic skirmish mode where i can ignore the story and plot developments and just conquer the galaxy.

They are both good games in my opinion but play differently.

EaW is really just the bastard child of Supremacy/Rebellion and Galactic Battlegrounds. Both too distasteful to mention in polite company, and their consummation is more disturbing than awkward.

But at least it's better than Force Commander! By Azura, by Azura, by Azura...

manthing2.jpg