Nestle yum yum

Walsingham

I'm not going to pretend I don't have a massive grudge against Nestle inherited from my parents, who tried to tackle the effects of their baby 'food'.

So it's no mystery why I thought I should bring this to your attention. Nestle sanction busting in Zimbabwe, buying from milk from the dictator's private farms, and claiming its a local subsidiary of the company, not the parent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...food-giant.html

My point being, the next time you fancy a snack, why not pick a different snack giant?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have a serious problem with milk chocolate as well as the people who eat it. I'm sorry Wals but it's just a rule of mine. Milk chocolate is for children because they don't know any better and they are about as sophisticated as an iguana. If you're an adult there is just no excuse. Dark chocolate should be the only chocolate.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

My personal contribution to the worldwide Nestle boycott... change of coffee brand. I blame Walsingham for that, since he pointed out their dubious practises a long time ago :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My point being, the next time you fancy a snack, why not pick a different snack giant?

Doesn't Nestle own about five hundred different brands now? They're like the AOL/TimeWarner of foods.

Not just food. Petcare, Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics as well. You probably don't know when you're buying something, money is going to Nestle.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Doesn't Nestle own about five hundred different brands now? They're like the AOL/TimeWarner of foods.

Off the top of my head, Perrier (amid a few dozen other bottled waters), Ralston/Purina (including Alpo, Friskies), Nestle (naturally), Maggi, Taster's Choice, Cereal Partners Worldwide (a partnership with General Mills which includes putting out GM cereals outside of the US, like Cheerios, and manufacture in the US of some products, like H

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's true they own a bunch of stuff, but I'm not trying to convert you all to some messianic plot. Just, if you're undecided on what to get for some reason, find out if it's nestle and if it is, then don't go that option.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My mother was part of the Nestle boycotts way back when, as well. I have no idea if she still is.

Of course, she also hated Blockbuster and now Barnes & Nobles. :aiee:

Most of the Nestle products I don't want anyway...but I don't try to avoid them particularly.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Off the top of my head, Perrier (amid a few dozen other bottled waters), Ralston/Purina (including Alpo, Friskies), Nestle (naturally), Maggi, Taster's Choice, Cereal Partners Worldwide (a partnership with General Mills which includes putting out GM cereals outside of the US, like Cheerios, and manufacture in the US of some products, like H

Of course, she also hated Blockbuster and now Barnes & Nobles. :)

I don't hold with wasting time disliking big corporations for being big corporations. You don't beat a dog for barking. I don't even much mind arms companies. Selling death is tehir job. But a chocolate company which kills or finances killing? It's neither necessary nor natural.

-Elwood Blues

I still boycott Nestle. I don't think they've noticed, though. :)

All the more reason to do it. Bastards.

-Elwood Blues

Actually they HAVE noticed, and appear to be doing something.

Having said this, they SAID they would stop selling baby formula in the third world, and didn't.

-Elwood Blues

I dunno, surely it's us as fault here for abandoning our colonialist ways and letting people like Mugabe run these countries. We let this happen. It's like watching a man rape someone whilst munching away at popcorn, and then afterwards saying "oi, that was bang out of order!".

Edited by Moose

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

I dunno, surely it's us as fault here for abandoning our colonialist ways and letting people like Mugabe run these countries. We let this happen. It's like watching a man rape someone whilst munching away at popcorn, and then afterwards saying "oi, that was bang out of order!".

By leting him run the country I presume you mean fighting against him for years and finally giving up.

-Elwood Blues