Witcher 2 'leaked' video

Maria Caliban

geralt looks like a megadouche now.

the kind of douche who dresses up at the ren-faire and thinks they are badass instead of goofy.

as opposed to the douche who wears pointy leather shoes and is spray-tanned.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't know... overall the game looks good, but the location in the demo - this castle - makes you wonder... I heard the developers say "hardcore rpg" at some point. I hope this means what I think it means.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I don't know... overall the game looks good, but the location in the demo - this castle - makes you wonder... I heard the developers say "hardcore rpg" at some point. I hope this means what I think it means.

If you don't eat food, your character will starve to death?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm simply going to copy-paste my comment from the Iron Tower Forums :

Just saw the first four parts of the walkthrough. The woman was indeed in the middle of torture , but somehow she looked perfect from the angle she was shown. Roll Eyes I'm not one who easily cries sexism, but I think it's pretty obvious that most of the developers at CDProjekt are virgins. And it shows.

The rest looked pretty great, though probably a bit too action-y for some. I, in particular, was pretty pleased to see that they put so much thought into an optional stealth system. Smile

EDIT : Also the facial animations are pretty subpar. They're probably still being worked on.

If you don't eat food, your character will starve to death?

not that hardcore :lol: (although I have to confess the New Vegas hardcore mode intrigues me, I'm gonna switch it on as soon as I install the game, I don't care if it's bugged and spoils my fun, it's just something I wanted in a RPG for a long time now).

anyway, I want a difficult game without companions and without endless dungeons. something like Morrowind but harder and with more dialogues, more alternative ways of solving problems, completing quests and missions.

that snippet of their engine they showed in the first video tells us the game will probably give a lot of options when tackling it's challenges. then again I didn't like the sequence in the beginning when you have to get out of the cell. it's like the designers try to rub your face in their scripts, "you can free yourself right now but you better wait for them to come to you unarmed, maybe try to provoke 'em and, oh, look there's two options available: free yourself and provoke". I'm afraid this is what the whole game will be like: sure, you have options, but there's always this one which you should pick because that's how we designed it to be handled.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

• 5 weeks later...
Count on The Witcher to have hot, slutty women!

If there aren't, i am going to be sorely dissapointed. The Witcher is one of the few games that haven't been repressed by the feminazi gender studies division.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, it'd be a shame if it didn't :thumbsup: They got rid of the cards at least (well drawn though).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, it'd be a shame if it didn't :) They got rid of the cards at least (well drawn though).

Fingers crossed for the modding community :thumbsup:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Most sorceresses are sluts in TW universe. Powerful, long-lived, extremely hot sluts.

Also, an announcement for a new trailer? :thumbsup:

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Most sorceresses are sluts in TW universe. Powerful, long-lived, extremely hot sluts.

Why single out Sorceresses? Geralt's the biggest **** of them all and he's not one.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It was fun to be playing it when a family member walks by (the naked dryad was one hah)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

But at least they wear practical clothes for travel and fight. A sorceress in a "normal" universe would have gone to battle with the same outfit Triss wore at that reception :thumbsup: Not to mention how "buff" wizards are in that universe... I mean, dual-wielding morning stars? Or beating Geralt senseless with a lead pipe? That's not proper form for a wizard :) !

Edited by Sannom

btw. is there a place where I can see all the cards? I missed half of 'em on my playthrough

Walsingham said: