Sega shows a release date

You are not Funcroc.

You are not to be trusted.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It had better get released on the 6th. If it doesn't, I may have to freak out.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

It would have to be gold now and be sent for pressing to be shipped to retailers, so no way this is accurate, as there is not enough time to do so by October 6th. That is just the old placeholder date. We have heard nothing, not even a new gameplay video. All we have had is a couple of previews here and there that you have to dig to find. All of this silence is not much of a confidence builder, I know that much.

Is it possible that SEGA hates Obsidian?

Well, it is obvious that Sega is not showing much confidence in this game....especially considering that it is 'supposedly' an October release. Everyday I see new videos, interviews, ect for many of the other games I plan on picking up in October and November, which is to be expected. Yet when I look for something new on Alpha Protocol, there is nothing.

If they keep the stealth treatment up, many are just going to move on and simply lose interest. Too many other great games are releasing and have loads of info being pushed out to keep moral and excitement up. The silent treatment does nothing, but generate questions and causes interest to wane.

Not trying to be negative either, as I have been anxious for this game as well. I'm just looking at the reality of the situation here, nothing more. If the game is indeed coming in October, why are we not seeing footage and hearing about more hands-on reports? Why will Sega not allow them to say anything? With only two weeks until October, why do we still not have a confirmed hard date?

ironcreed is right - I very much doubt the Oct.6 date would hold now. To me, even late October would be a surprise, but we will have to see.

Why don't you people just shut up and wait until the game goes gold. Then you'll know the exact release date.

This is a discussion forum for the game, no? There are a lot of people anticipating this game who are starting to have questions arise due to the silence and no word on a hard date a suppposed month away from when it is 'supposed' to release. If you want to ignore all that and pretend like they have been upfront with us, then that is your right. However, please don't tell those of us who simply want to know what the deal is to "shut up" in a forum where we are supposed to be discussing the game.

Why don't you people just shut up and wait until the game goes gold. Then you'll know the exact release date.

Exactly.

This is a discussion forum for the game, no? There are a lot of people anticipating this game who are starting to have questions arise due to the silence and no word on a hard date a suppposed month away from when it is 'supposed' to release. If you want to ignore all that and pretend like they have been upfront with us, then that is your right. However, please don't tell those of us who simply want to know what the deal is to "shut up" in a forum where we are supposed to be discussing the game.

Maybe you should write long rants on an internet message board about how a game you haven't yet paid for is not yet released and how that's intolerable because you think the employees of a privately traded company 'owe' you something.

I mean, it'll get you somewhere, right?

Edited by Krezack

Exactly.

Maybe you should write long rants on an internet message board about how a game you haven't yet paid for is not yet released and how that's intolerable because you think the employees of a privately traded company 'owe' you something.

On the contrary, I have already paid for it. Also, last time I checked, this was a discussion forum for the game and all I am doing is discussing and specualting on what the deal might be because I happen to be anxious for a game I have already pre ordered and paid for. Is that somehow out of line?

Discussing this game is what this forum is here for. If it bothers you so much to hear someone speculating on the fact that we are being left in the dark, then just do not read what I post. I have every right to voice my concerns, just as you have every right to ignore them. However, you do not have the right to tell me to stop posting, comprende?

Where did I specify that Sega or Obsidian owe me anything? I just happen to think that they should keep those who support them by buying their product informed so that we will not lose interest and move on due to not knowing what the hell is going on in a packed holiday season that is flooded with many other games we could put our hard earned money on instead.

I mean, have you never heard of showing courtesy and respect to those who support you by buying your product, lol? Maybe that is an unfamiliar concept where you come from, I don't know. Then again, some people are just blind loyalists and find any sort of criticism intolerable, no matter how justified said criticism may be. :o

People are perfectly entitled to discuss what they like, as long as they don't get overly excited about a false sense of self-entitlement. So let's move on...

On the contrary, I have already paid for it.

People pre-ordering games that don't even have a firm release date yet has always confused me. When I heard that Duke Nukem Forever had been cancelled, I thought about the people who pre-ordered and smiled.

Good thing there is always the option to CANCEL then, right? Not sure how that worked out for those who preordered DNF, though. :)

Edited by ironcreed

It's not like he'd be the first to do something in that vein...

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.