So, Is this game delayed or not?

Last thing I seen was a press release saying the 6th October but since then there hasn't been really any marketing or anything I've seen. It looks likely that its delayed again but any official confirmation or denial?

we have no clue.. but the date im going by is october 27th. im gonna pre order today.. getting ready.

just came back from gamestop.. first-- has anyone here preordered?.. i tried to but they said they dont have any bonus yet & they'll get them close to release. i refrained from preordering.

Yes, I have already preordered and paid it off. I am pretty sure I am going to go cancel it out here in a few days and put my money on one of the many other games I want which already have solid release dates. I'll pick up Alpha Protocol whenever it finally drops.

I pre-ordered AP from amazon.ca - still has a release date of Oct 6th there - but I recently combined it with a pre-order of Borderlands so they'll ship together when both games are out.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

yea I'm seeing this now..im going to give them by october and if this game is delayed passed that month I'm cancelling my pre-order and never buying a game sega makes.

Your loss.

I'm not going to deprive myself of something that looks to be one of the best RPGs of the past decade simply due to the release date being pushed back.

If SEGA wants to delay it, fine by me, though it's not necessarily smart business practice as they'll lose what little hype they have. The community of this forum does not constitute the entirety of their market, and I'm afraid AP will go rather unnoticed if it's pushed back any further.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

yea I'm seeing this now..im going to give them by october and if this game is delayed passed that month I'm cancelling my pre-order and never buying a game sega makes.

The community of this forum does not constitute the entirety of their market,

not neceesarily. Say, there are 200 members on this forum. Each of us buys a meager 10,000 copies of the game, we have already reached the 2 million mark, and the game is a hit. that would only be, ah, $600,000 USD per person? 500,000 if we buy the PC version, then Obsidain has enough money to quit making games with Sega and make a sequel that actually gets hype. Cmon, thats pocket change people!

EDIT: Feel free to correct me if i did my math wrong, Im pretty bad with large numbers in my head

Edited by AlphaPro

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Wonder if they'll take a cheque post-dated til 2053

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

This is ridiculous!! There is still no word on a release date. If this is how obsidian does things i'm thinking of cancelling my pre-order.

Absolutely ridiculous! To think a game company would delay the release date of a game. This has never happened before, and I won't stand for it!

I don't care if it comes a month or two later or not, I just care about how good it will be when that time comes. Ok, if SEGA (and not Obsidian) delays the game, then it's another story. But I'm already angry at SEGA, so whatever.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Giantbomb has the release date as oct 6, is that wrong?? Sorry if I'm being ignorant I just stepped over here today, I'm normally on the Bethesda forums

Just read through the thread, I'll now consider myself up to speed, and a little bummed out, I was really hoping that date was accurate... Oh well

Edited by bluecollaralaskan

Ya I have no problem with the game be delayed. But if they are delaying it, I don't see why they are holding off so much.

Maybe there's a big behind-the-scene thing going on. [Puts on Conspiracy-Sensitive-Goggles]. Maybe one side is saying 'release the game now' and the other side is saying 'let's delay' . Or conversely, maybe it's a mad rush to finish the final touches on the game and no one can come up for a breath to say whether it'll make it, right down to the wire.

My bet is on 'delay'. There is an incredibly small chance it is coming out in early October. It'll either be late October or a few months I reckon' .

I do think though it is somewhat lame that the game is tentatively suppose to arrive within 30 days yet no release date has been officially set. This is highly unusual and ya, doesn't bode well (for the game coming out in Oct.)

Edited by kreese12