Mass Effect 360: New DLC available

Theres a new DLC available for Mass Effect (talk about a long time after release) available under the Best Bet section (not the usual New Game Content section).

"Test the limits of your combat prowess on a top secret Alliance Space Station". Not sure what to expect. Some sort of combat simulation? Actual role playing?

Theres a new DLC available for Mass Effect (talk about a long time after release) available under the Best Bet section (not the usual New Game Content section).

"Test the limits of your combat prowess on a top secret Alliance Space Station". Not sure what to expect. Some sort of combat simulation? Actual role playing?

The combat part is a kind of a giveaway o:)

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Yup, Bioware decided if Bethesda could release Operation Anchorage, they could too. Pinnacle Station is basically a multiplayer mode without the multiplayer. You play in 4 different multiplayer inspired modes to try and beat the game's best time. Hunt (Kill as many enemies to build up time, kind of like Resident Evil 4 or 5), Time Trial (Rush through a combat scenario as fast as possible), Capture (Run to a point and stand within it for certain time to 'capture it', then run to the next) and Suvival mode (a nonstop horde of enemies comes at you getting stronger over time and you see how long you can survive). Why didn't they actually add multiplayer to this game? I can really see Survival mode being fun with a coop buddy.

One especially annoying thing about this DLC is that the head honcho of this space station is constantly praising or berating you. "STOP WASTING MEDI GEL, OOO HE'LL FEEL THAT IN THE MORNING". o:) Even worse, I've taken the highest score in some of these events and this guy taunts me at the end as if I failed miserably. The highest time in Survival mode was a minute and a half and I made it for 13 and he talks about how I should be embarassed for that time. :banghead: This is either a glitch or this guy is a tool.

About the only redeeming quality of this DLC is that it seems like a great place to practice combat. Even then its a fail because you A: are required to be a Spectre before you can come to this base and B: This DLC is released so far after the initial game most people will already have mastered combat by now.

I wonder if this atleast features some kind of online leaderboard so people could compete for top scores.

I loaded my level 50 character before beating the game, so I don't know if you earn actual XP for defeating enemies in the simulations. If you do, this would be a great place to xp farm. Not exactly one of the better parts of RPG games.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Is it for free?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I loaded my level 50 character before beating the game, so I don't know if you earn actual XP for defeating enemies in the simulations.

Did you gain XP? The top level is 60.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

"Is it for free?"

Its 400 MS points (5 bucks).

"Did you gain XP? The top level is 60."

No I didn't gain points, however I loaded a first time through character at level 50. You can NOT reach level 60 until you have beat the game once and then started a new game+ with the same character.

After beating the various challenges you do get the chance to do one more survival mission in a new arena (only 3 very small arenas, Volcano, Tropic & Subteranean, most looking like areas you have already explored in game). This last mission is insane as you have to survive for 5 minutes against an ever increasing massive swarm of enemies. Most enemies I've seen in Mass Effect at once. If you survive the admiral gives you his retirement home. You can visit at any time to restock on grenades and med gel. You can also use a computer to listen to elevator music (yay >_<) or pay certain amounts of money to traders to get some random item. Think Diablo where you would spend a certain amount to reach into a grab bag where you could get something cool or a piece of junk.

One other positive I'll mention is the space station has a very cool view of a ringed saturn like planet with lots of debris around it.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Sounds like something that really has no good reason to exist.

No, really. What fools these people into thinking their FPS-RPG combat is good enough for combat sims?

"Is it for free?"

Its 400 MS points (5 bucks).

lol then it is 5 bucks to much for that kind of mod...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Sounds like something that really has no good reason to exist.

No, really. What fools these people into thinking their FPS-RPG combat is good enough for combat sims?

It exists because there are a ton of people on the ME forums demanding DLC and saying that BioWare ripped them off by not providing a ton of it. Yeah, it's a waste of developer time/resources.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I just downloaded it for free on Bioware's website.. I never paid a dime.

The update isn't worth 5$ though. The extra mission is stupid and irrelevant.. Don't waste your time on it.

Fortune favors the bald.

Any word on when it will be available on steam?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I snagged it this morning before work, and haven't had a chance to play it yet. I grabbed it sight unseen figuring its Mass Effect it'll be good. Now I'm seeing the backlash against it and wondering if I made a mistake.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Guest Slinky
I just downloaded it for free on Bioware's website.. I never paid a dime.

The update isn't worth 5$ though. The extra mission is stupid and irrelevant.. Don't waste your time on it.

What? From where? I can't find anything but links to EA Store.

:shifty:

This is probably the all time low point for Bioware. Bring Down the Sky was released March 10, 2008 and I can't belive that all they could do in 1.5 years was this crappy combat arena. Waste of developer resources and waste of consumers time. Time for developers to move back to creating full expansion packs and leave rest to modders.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I found it here - but now it says that you need to go to the EA store... hmm..

Don't know what happened, maybe they released it for free by mistake for just a short while, before they corrected the error?

and it's 10$ in Denmark.. damn..

Fortune favors the bald.