Blizzcon

Purkake

http://www.wow.com/2009/08/14/world-of-war...y-mmo-champion/

Gah, troll druid is like an arrow in my chest. I probably won't be able to resist making a 39er twink for a little while.

Diablo is also sounding good, I want to try the Hoodoo shaman.

Edited by Asol

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

Hey hey hey hey. Slow down.

I dislike the lack of detail in textures and polygon count, and honestly expected Blizzard to pull off some better looking characters, but other than that I've already said the game will be enjoyable. Also it's Diablo. Blizzard can't mess it up.

What was that about the clicking and reactions?

Oh. No I meant the clicking is fine, it's just the reaction to the hit (click) is important as well.

EDIT: The monk class looks incredibly badass.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Monk looks cool. I never liked playing the Assassin, because in higher difficulty levels, I seemed to die faster than I could get off meaningful combos. I'm sure there were cookie cutter builds out there that made playing a melee Assassin viable, but I never really looked.

One button clicking pulling off more complicated moves sounds good to me.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting that the monk is the replacement for the palidan.

Maybe because the picture only shows four classes to choose from? Shaman (?), Warrior, Sorsoress, Monk.

I'd be shocked if it had fewer than pre-expansion DII and that symmetrical arrangement suggests at least two more.

They've already said there will be 5 classes for the normal game. Expansions will add more.

All you need to wear the heavier armors is more strength. It never really mattered what kind of armor you wore, the special magic stuff that came with it mattered.

The stats are auto assigned in D3.

Well that's ****. Way to remove variety from the game, Blizzard. Being able to assign stats yourself was one of the reasons the game was so replayable. Sure they weren't as interesting as skills, but yould make 2 or 3 different builds per class purely based on stats.

They also have weapons that have class restrictions (barbs can't use staves, wizards can't use two handed axes etc..) but I'm not sure if that will extend to armors or not.

Again with removing variety. Way to go Blizzard. :down:

They also have weapons that have class restrictions (barbs can't use staves, wizards can't use two handed axes etc..) but I'm not sure if that will extend to armors or not.

Dio 2 had that too.

Dio 2 had that too.

No it certainly didn't, except for rare niche weapons introduced by the xpack (orbs, claws, amazon javs and bows). It was an annoying shift, but largely immaterial since all the main weapons were freely usable by any class.

But, for example, it's patently stupid not to allow Wizards to use certain weapons (such as axes) when we know for a fact that the battlemage is one of the 3 skill trees for the wizard!

Edited by Krezack

Dio 2 had that too.

No it certainly didn't, except for rare niche weapons introduced by the xpack (orbs, claws, amazon javs and bows). It was an annoying shift, but largely immaterial since all the main weapons were freely usable by any class.

But, for example, it's patently stupid not to allow Wizards to use certain weapons (such as axes) when we know for a fact that the battlemage is one of the 3 skill trees for the wizard!

You know there might be a skill in Battlemage tree like "Wield Battlepichfork" You never know :)

And yes I am one of the old farts who thinks that Mage who spent 30 years studying scrolls should not be able to wield heavy weapons ;)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

So we now have 1 heavy armor/melee class, 1 mage class, 1 necro/druid type of class, and 1 assassin/melee/kick-arse class.

I wonder what the 5th one will be? Physical ranged I'd expect. Perhaps...a combo of Bow Hunter w/a bit of Druid summoning...a Ranger? :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The lack of buffs is a bit weird. The Monk seems to be more about self-buffing than helping others out. I'm sure the Witch Doctor has something like the Necromancer's curses, but the remaining 5th class must be some kind of ranged buffer. Otherwise it makes no sense.

So we now have 1 heavy armor/melee class, 1 mage class, 1 necro/druid type of class, and 1 assassin/melee/kick-arse class.

I wonder what the 5th one will be? Physical ranged I'd expect. Perhaps...a combo of Bow Hunter w/a bit of Druid summoning...a Ranger? :nuke:

Native American ranger with a general nature theme tree (buffs, some elemental damage AoE like blizzard), a summon/shapeshift tree and a bow skills tree.

I kind of knew there'd be a monk character. It's an age-old fantasy archetype and a pretty good way to get a rogue/assassin type of class with an unique flavour. I'm not too fond on the fighting game combo aspect of the character, seems like it could get annoying. We'll see.

I'm not too fond on the fighting game combo aspect of the character, seems like it could get annoying. We'll see.

Then don't play it. It's like the Assassin - you needed more strategy and micromanagement than most classes, and that turned some people off... but others loved it as a change of pace.

Anyway I have a feeling the Monk will be a lot smoother to play than the Assassin.

Then don't play it.

Thanks for the advice but I figured out that much myself.

It's like the Assassin - you needed more strategy and micromanagement than most classes, and that turned some people off... but others loved it as a change of pace.

Anyway I have a feeling the Monk will be a lot smoother to play than the Assassin.

If it's like the assassin I'll have no problem. If it's hectic button-mashing or complex comboing with a mouse & keyboard then I'll have a problem. Then again neither of us can know how the monk plays (I assume you weren't at Blizzcon), but judging by the gameplay video it seems a lot more fast paced than the Assassin.

If it's like the assassin I'll have no problem. If it's hectic button-mashing or complex comboing with a mouse & keyboard then I'll have a problem. Then again neither of us can know how the monk plays (I assume you weren't at Blizzcon), but judging by the gameplay video it seems a lot more fast paced than the Assassin.

Actually, somebody who played the Monk for 15 minutes at Blizzcon said it's similar to the Assassin but smoother (i.e. less button-mashing).

The lack of buffs is a bit weird. The Monk seems to be more about self-buffing than helping others out. I'm sure the Witch Doctor has something like the Necromancer's curses, but the remaining 5th class must be some kind of ranged buffer. Otherwise it makes no sense.

barb bo!

And that pretty much was it in D2.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Actually, somebody who played the Monk for 15 minutes at Blizzcon said it's similar to the Assassin but smoother (i.e. less button-mashing).

Well in that case I might even like it. It's not even nearly done yet though. I'm pretty sure they'll add a ton of stuff so the feel of the class might change. Overall I'm cautiously optimistic. I really hope the remaining character will be a native american flavoured ranged class.

barb bo!

And that pretty much was it in D2.

Did the paladin give auras for resists etc.... maybe other buffs too.

Edited by Asol

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis