Alpha Protocol blog went live

Check it out.

http://blogs.ign.com/Blogs/BlogPage.aspx?blog=Alpha.Protocol

It's been an epic journey of laughter and friendship to get this thing online, oddly enough, but now that it is we're hoping to update it fairly frequently. We've already got some more entries planned, so bookmark it! (Or I'll probably just link to new posts in this thread when they go live.)

Matthew Rorie

I seem to have detected a flaw in your mission design.

So when you help Sie she will help you be more of a rambo. This does not make sense, because a rambo player would be more likely to fight Sie, and a sneaky player would be more likely to help her and avoid fighting her. But in doing so the sneaky player will be stuck with the rambo tips and the rambo player will be stuck with the sneaky tips later on.

I seem to have detected a flaw in your mission design.

So when you help Sie she will help you be more of a rambo. This does not make sense, because a rambo player would be more likely to fight Sie, and a sneaky player would be more likely to help her and avoid fighting her. But in doing so the sneaky player will be stuck with the rambo tips and the rambo player will be stuck with the sneaky tips later on.

Not necessarily. Being aggressive in your playstyle does not necessarily mean you'll be declining her offer for an alliance. In fact, the two are completely different decisions.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

That would only hold true if SIE were not a very kinky girl. Being aggressive, even to the point of attacking her, turns her on and encourages her to help you out. Being stealthy and not killing anyone turns her off and makes her less likely to be intrigued by Mike.

Matthew Rorie

thats just plain confusing. So, if you want the other character to like you, you have to be nice to SIE? That seems wierd that the other guy would dislike you for trying to kill SIE.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

It's less binary than that (I did edit that paragraph for clarity, though). There's nothing to prevent you from getting both SIE and Albatross to like you, reputation wise (this will probably make more sense when some GamesCom previews come out, which explain a bit more about Albatross). Attempting to get on SIE's good side won't, in the end, make it impossible to ally with Albatross; you might just have a little more work to do to get there. This is mostly to do with the way that SIE and Albatross relate to Mike; being aggressive and shoot-em-uppy will naturally lend SIE to like you more, whereas she will think less favorably of Mike if he plays through a level stealthily and shows a lack of willingness to kill. I don't want to spoil too much about Albatross, but he has other priorities.

You can definitely attempt to curry favor with each character as you like, and it's not impossible to get both of them to think of Mike favorably. Things get more complicated in Moscow after you've met everyone, of course, but again, I don't want to spoil anything.

Matthew Rorie

It's less binary than that (I did edit that paragraph for clarity, though). There's nothing to prevent you from getting both SIE and Albatross to like you, reputation wise (this will probably make more sense when some GamesCom previews come out, which explain a bit more about Albatross). Attempting to get on SIE's good side won't, in the end, make it impossible to ally with Albatross; you might just have a little more work to do to get there. This is mostly to do with the way that SIE and Albatross relate to Mike; being aggressive and shoot-em-uppy will naturally lend SIE to like you more, whereas she will think less favorably of Mike if he plays through a level stealthily and shows a lack of willingness to kill. I don't want to spoil too much about Albatross, but he has other priorities.

You can definitely attempt to curry favor with each character as you like, and it's not impossible to get both of them to think of Mike favorably. Things get more complicated in Moscow after you've met everyone, of course, but again, I don't want to spoil anything.

Sounds fun!

Thanks for the heads up, will check it out every once in a while to see what's new.

thanks for the link, by the way, who is the guy from you Avatar?

I think that's Albatross.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Shouldn't have, but I went in and fixed some instances of "Thornton" to "Thorton" in my service record. Get it right, guys.

Haha.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: